All Things Amir Coffey Thread - UPDTAED: A Gophers Commit!

F me. Bad post, had two separate thoughts, didn't combine completely while editing/deleting first thought.

Start over. I don't feel Texas was doing the wait and see after he only played one game. I would consider "wait and see" to be givin him more time to prove his knee wouldn't effect his game. It was shakas first glimpse at him period, not really his first look after an injury.

Is that more clear?

F me. Bad post, had two separate thoughts, didn't combine completely while editing/deleting first thought.

Start over. I don't feel Texas was doing the wait and see after he only played one game. I would consider "wait and see" to be givin him more time to prove his knee wouldn't effect his game. It was shakas first glimpse at him period, not really his first look after an injury.

Is that more clear?

Kinda, but if they wait much longer it will be over. So it looks like they waited as long as they could. I know that Shaka (who?) only got to Texas recently and he hasn't had that much time to develop his Texas recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like he's keeping his options open.....

Or maybe not.

@RyanJamesMN: Gopher hoops fans are smiling bigger with strong hopes. Hopkins guard Amir Coffey has cancelled his official trip to Texas.

Or maybe not.

@RyanJamesMN: Gopher hoops fans are smiling bigger with strong hopes. Hopkins guard Amir Coffey has cancelled his official trip to Texas.

Now THAT is very encouraging. Not likely to happen, but say we get commits from Amir, Ponds and Curry to join Hurt, where do the extra 2 scholarships come from?

Now THAT is very encouraging. Not likely to happen, but say we get commits from Amir, Ponds and Curry to join Hurt, where do the extra 2 scholarships come from?

They will have three open for 2016 recruits -- Morris, King, Jarvis

One would need to open up before next year.

Big news tonight that Amir cancelled his visit to Texas, that could (hopefully) be a sign that a commitment is imminent. This would be a huge get for Pitino arguably landing the highest rated player in the state two years in a row (though obviously Jarvis won't play).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c2NrdflUHMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This may be an AD firing issue. However, I am guessing he decided to follow his old man and become a Gopher. Coffey is an excellent player, and he could provide the offense necessary to carry us to a Sweet 16 victory.

Coffey would be our best recruit, from several vantage points, for Pitino! That would be very welcome!

Coffey would be our best recruit, from several vantage points, for Pitino! That would be very welcome!

He would be the highest rated recruit to play for the Gophers since Kris Humphries. Definetly would be a signature recruit for Pitino and the program.

He would be the highest rated recruit to play for the Gophers since Kris Humphries. Definetly would be a signature recruit for Pitino and the program.

Can we wait to say that until he plays. As a Gopher fan I'm casually superstitious while clinically pessimistic.

Thanks ;)

per Marcus:

Minnesota coach Richard Pitino hosted Coffey on his only official visit so far Sept. 3. He bonded well with the players, especially fellow Minnesotans. But Coffey still had in-home visit from Alabama on Tuesday, and he also received visits from Michigan, Oregon and Southern Methodist last week.

I still think the chances are high for Pitino to land his first high-profile in-state high school recruit and arguably the program’s best since Royce White and Rodney Williams in 2009. But Coffey doesn’t appear ready to announce his decision yet. Once he does that could possibly persuade 2016 Arkansas power forward Eric Curry, who visited the Gophers with Coffey earlier this month.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...et-amir-coffey-cancels-texas-visit-this-week/

Go Gophers!!

Burns now does both football and basketball recruiting for Scout and Amir makes more sense than any football target IMO. I must say though, I do feel like if it was Amir, we would have heard it from someone else too by now (James, Doogie, Zagoria etc.)

Burns now does both football and basketball recruiting for Scout and Amir makes more sense than any football target IMO. I must say though, I do feel like if it was Amir, we would have heard it from someone else too by now (James, Doogie, Zagoria etc.)

This is a reference to Albert Okwuegbunam, a top TE target for football.

This is a reference to Albert Okwuegbunam, a top TE target for football.

Are you 100% sure about that? I just read an article over on Rivals, published today, that said he was likely going to take his officials after his football season, and Minnesota wasn't even one of the schools he is even considering visiting.

Top Bottom