All Things 2024 Olympics!!

That USA/Serbia game was one of the most entertaining basketball games I think I've ever seen. The way international games are officiated is so much more enjoyable than the NBA. What an amazing defensive performance the last 5-7 minutes.

Edwards had a really rough game, clearly wasn't ready for the alpha role on this team yet, which is to be expected. The big stars stepped up big time today.

Go USA!!
Geeze, the one freaking game I didn't watch. You and a bunch of others say it was just a fantastic game.

so the last couple of days, I've been catching up on the Boxing. I'll be honest - I am skipping over the women's matches and just watching the men.

and so far, I am not impressed. I think it's just the difference between amateur boxing and the pro style. one interesting thing - in the Olympics, there are 5 judges for each match, so a lot of split decisions. I've seen a few guys who clearly have talent, but also a lot of flailing and lunging with guys throwing wild punches that don't connect. too many guys who don't work behind the jab to close the distance and set up power shots. US didn't have much. some of the best boxers I've seen are from Cuba, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan.

He really was impressive with his behavior. Always enthusiastic with the other players, in spite of playing very little. Don’t think it would be all that much fun being the head coach of that team.
He’s a good midwestern guy; even Sconnie can produce them.

Good showing by the women’s teams this weekend - gold in basketball and soccer, silver in volleyball.

For a moment I thought the refs were debating if there might have been a foul on the last made basket by France, but guess they were just making sure it wasn’t a three.

Terrible first half but a great 4th Quarter as the US Women win the Gold in Basketball over France 67-66. It was their 8th consecutive gold and their 61 consecutive victory.

France played them tight throughout the game. Felt for Gabby Williams. She got 7 points in the last 1:34 of the game including a shot at the buzzer that would have tied the game, but she was on the line so it was a 2 pointer rather than a 3.

LeBron James is named tournament MVP
Turned it over a bit too much, but otherwise was really good.

The mens gold medal basketball game was a fun one. Great atmosphere. Even though they've won it now 5 times in a row, it's obvious it's still very meaningful for the players. It's a much greater accomplishment now than it was during the original Dream Team.

The mens gold medal basketball game was a fun one. Great atmosphere. Even though they've won it now 5 times in a row, it's obvious it's still very meaningful for the players. It's a much greater accomplishment now than it was during the original Dream Team.
Kind of to your point about how it’s meaningful to the team. This is the Serbian team in the bus after winning the bronze.
(Hope it posts ok)

Top Bottom