All Things 2024 Olympics!!

The Men's Golf is actually shaping up to be a pretty good tournament after a couple of days! Here's hoping Xander can pull off another gold medal for the USA!

Edwards, thus far, leading the U.S. basketball squad in scoring in spite of being 3rd lowest in minutes played. Only Embiid and Haliburton have played less minutes per game.

Ant flexing his ping pong prowess

(This storyline is from a fun article about how Olympic Table Tennis players are regularly harangued by recreational ping pong players)

Steph knew exactly how Ant would react 🤣. Like a cocky puppy who thinks he’s invincible.

But Ant’s so endearing, he showed up to her match. -

Witnessing the proceedings was none other than Edwards, who had come to cheer in the stands. The table tennis players, when they heard, could not believe it.

“They said they would come,” Sung said of the N.B.A. players, laughing. “But we thought they were lying.”

Last edited:

Just watched the women's road race. Absolutely crazy. American Kristen Faulkner just put the hammer down at the end for a surprise gold.

Kudos to the Dutch rider Vos for taking silver at age 37.

Fun fact. My brother my cousin and I went Homer Simpson at an all you can eat Thai buffet in Faulkner's hometown of Homer Alaska. The manager said "you boys go home now" before they officially closed and before my brother and I could get our fourth plates

Just watched the women's road race. Absolutely crazy. American Kristen Faulkner just put the hammer down at the end for a surprise gold.

Kudos to the Dutch rider Vos for taking silver at age 37.

That was just fantastic, hard not to be excited for her.

It was kind of odd how it happened, at least from my perspective. Yes, she made a strong attack and dropped the hammer but it was surprising how quickly the other 3 riders decided to let her go and focus on the battle for silver. I mean, they basically let up and stopped chasing before Faulkner was barely 50-100m ahead of them.

A very well-time attack, clearly enough to make the other 3 riders think they would be better off saving their energy for the 2nd place battle

Mixed 4x400 with a fantastic finish - great ideas to have mixed races like that
I'm so glad I saw that live. That was seriously one of the most exciting and amazing things I've ever seen in sports. She passed three women, including two with big leads in the last 100M. It was insane.

Did you hear her interview? The only thing more unexpected and amazing than the run was her voice. I thought it was a cartoon at first.

I'm so glad I saw that live. That was seriously one of the most exciting and amazing things I've ever seen in sports. She passed three women, including two with big leads in the last 100M. It was insane.

Did you hear her interview? The only thing more unexpected and amazing than the run was her voice. I thought it was a cartoon at first.
Missed her interview will find it online.

Can’t wait to see her run the 400.

Last edited:

Just watched the last couple of laps of the men’s steeplechase and didn’t realize the landed in water on some of those jumps- hope they didn’t get that water from the Seine.

Last edited:

That was just fantastic, hard not to be excited for her.

It was kind of odd how it happened, at least from my perspective. Yes, she made a strong attack and dropped the hammer but it was surprising how quickly the other 3 riders decided to let her go and focus on the battle for silver. I mean, they basically let up and stopped chasing before Faulkner was barely 50-100m ahead of them.

A very well-time attack, clearly enough to make the other 3 riders think they would be better off saving their energy for the 2nd place battle
IMG_3293.jpeg

1500 with an amazing finish - I won’t say anything further for those watching the replay tonight

USA soccer women advance to gold medal game. Alyssa Naeher channeled her inner Gordon Banks, making an incredible save in the closing seconds to maintain 1-0 lead against Germany.

I was literally yelling at the tv down the stretch of the men's 1500 tonight. I don't even do that for Vikings games. 🙂.

My favorite Olympic moments thus far:
Kristen Faulkner - bike road race
Grant Fisher - 10,000 m
Bobby Finke - 1500 m freestyle
Noah Lyles - 100 m
Cole Hocker - 1500 m

Olympics are simply the best, as the song says.

Dwayne Wade was really good on the mic -very funny

Amazing how many medals Australia wind for a country with a population of 25 million.

That USA/Serbia game was one of the most entertaining basketball games I think I've ever seen. The way international games are officiated is so much more enjoyable than the NBA. What an amazing defensive performance the last 5-7 minutes.

Edwards had a really rough game, clearly wasn't ready for the alpha role on this team yet, which is to be expected. The big stars stepped up big time today.

Go USA!!

That USA/Serbia game was one of the most entertaining basketball games I think I've ever seen. The way international games are officiated is so much more enjoyable than the NBA. What an amazing defensive performance the last 5-7 minutes.

Edwards had a really rough game, clearly wasn't ready for the alpha role on this team yet, which is to be expected. The big stars stepped up big time today.

Go USA!!
Saturday afternoon against France will be 🍌

Thst game would be amazing to see in person

Last edited:

NBA players during the regular season have nights when it looks like they're phoning it in. but today, you could tell there was some motivation going on. Embiid actually came to play, and Steph reminded everyone of just how good he can be when he's on.

having said that, Serbia almost pulled off the upset because the Serbians played as a team, while the US still at times looks like 5 individuals trying to figure out how to play like a team.

Top Bottom