All Things 2024 Olympics!!

Mike Tirico was on Dan Patrick yesterday and he commented that one of his favorite sports to watch was Team Handball and wondered why the USA isn't better.

He went on to make the same suggestion I have been making for years:

Recruit basketball players, mainly 3 & D guys that have trouble with the 3 part.

Mike Tirico was on Dan Patrick yesterday and he commented that one of his favorite sports to watch was Team Handball and wondered why the USA isn't better.

He went on to make the same suggestion I have been making for years:

Recruit basketball players, mainly 3 & D guys that have trouble with the 3 part.
I agree. I watch it every Olympics myself. It seems like it would be a fun sport to play.

Get Embiid off the floor. Playing stupid and lazy.

This is the only Gymnastics I will be watching this summer. This man has ELITE skills!

Durant on fire.
edit: 8 for 8 in the 1st half and that last shot was spectacular

Last edited:

well, maybe I wrote off the Men's Soccer team a little too soon. they came back and looked like a different squad against New Zealand (featuring Loons' defender Michael Boxall). controlled the ball, good passing, set up attacks and finished with goals.

this puts them in a much better spot to advance to the quarter-finals. the US needs to tie or defeat Guinea on Tuesday, while New Zealand is an underdog to France.

big match for the US women today with Germany - this likely determines the #1 team in their group.
best thing about having Peacock - don't have to watch anything live. I can see anything I want to on replay when it fits my schedule.

Either way someone will post they made thousands bettting on the Olympics.

LeBron was so freaking good in this game. Led the team in minutes today (27), led in assists (9), second in rebounds (7), second in points (21). Unfortunately led in turnovers also (6).

The Flavor Flav/US
Women's Water Polo team connection has to be one of the strangest celebrity fan booster connections ever.

US Women's soccer team is really playing well. they work the ball into the attacking zone, they put shots on the net and they have some finishers. Trinity Rodman is a heck of a player - really creative passer. (if you don't know, this is Dennis Rodman's daughter - and yes, her hair is colorful).

US beat Germany today 4-1. when they play like this, they are hard to beat.

That Opening Ceremony was phenomenal. The scale, innovativeness, creativity, and coordination was unlike anything we've seen in the history of our species. Truly incredible. That Liberte sequence was f--king unbelievably awesome.

Bob will take care of that for you...

I don't think it is, but one of my first thoughts was that this guy was wearing an Autism Awareness speedo. That would have been super bad ass, I would have stood up and applauded. The color scheme isn't that far off Autism Awareness.

I still have this that I bought for triathlons (no, that's not me in the pic; from the catalog)

original.jpg

Cool moment for the men’s gymnastics team to get bronze, first medal in awhile.

Top Bottom