All Things 2024 Olympics!!

US men's volleyball team now 2-0 in their pool with a win over Germany, although was a bit dicey after winning the first two sets.

I hope volleyball gets more popular here...it's such a blast to watch.

US Men's Soccer team advances to quarterfinals with solid win over Guinea. Will face Morocco in Quarters. After that 1st match vs. France, US has played much better. Some interesting young talent in this group.

Watching a little of the USA men's 3 on 3 basketball team. Rick Barry's son Canyon is on the team. Did not know he had been on the Iowa wolves roster for a few years. And yep he uses the underhanded free throw shooting technique.

US Men's Soccer team advances to quarterfinals with solid win over Guinea. Will face Morocco in Quarters. After that 1st match vs. France, US has played much better. Some interesting young talent in this group.

This is the first time I have heard Tim Howard in the booth. I have always thought he was a solid studio guy.

His commentary is very Roy Smalley-like, without the condensation. He manages to get the minutia in there without sounding like a "know-it-all".

One of the comments that stuck was after a defensive corner kick, when the USA finally cleared the ball to the midfield line. He commented about how the defense is in scramble mode on corners until that clear takes place, then they can finally get organized. Very educational.

Watching a little of the USA men's 3 on 3 basketball team. Rick Barry's son Canyon is on the team. Did not know he had been on the Iowa wolves roster for a few years. And yep he uses the underhanded free throw shooting technique.
Over 80% in his career in college.

For those that don't know, there are rules for participating in the 3x3 in the Olympics where the players had to be ranked, two at least in the top 10 in your country and two in at least the top 50. To be ranked you have to play in many sanctioned 3x3 tournaments. That's why there are no NBA players playing.

Last edited:

Over 80% in his career in college.

For those that don't know, there are rules for participating in the 3x3 in the Olympics where the players had to be ranked, two at least in the top 10 in your country and two in at least the top 50. To be ranked you have to play in many sanctioned 3x3 tournaments. That's why there are no NBA players playing.
Also, that is why Caitlin Clark isn't playing for the women.

Gave team handball twenty minute window and I liked it more than I imagined.

Incorporates some elements of basketball and field hockey from what I could ascertain.

Was rougher than I imagined.

Being a goalie in this sport or a curler for the winter would be fun paths to try and make the Olympics in my fantasy sports imagination.

Last edited:

Congrats to Simone and Suni for great performances and going 🥇 and 🥉in the all around.

Breathtaking to watch them, especially on the floor.

What great role models for young girls everywhere.

Gave team handball twenty minute window and I liked it more than I imagined.

Incorporates some elements of basketball and field hockey from what I could ascertain.

Was rougher than I imagined.

Being a goalie in this sport or a curler for the winter would be fun paths to try and make the Olympics in my fantasy sports imagination.
As your sports psychologist, I'd recommend Team Shuffleboard.
1722571034078.png

When does Ultimate become an Olympic sport?
I’m holding out hope for wiffle ball - ESPN is now showing something called the AWA All-Star Wiffle Ball Game. The inane commentary was the most compelling portion of my 7 minute viewing.

Phil Neikro🤣

My knuckle ball made grade school children call for the momma, or maybe it was my pits🤔?

Good seats available at the men’s quarterfinals badminton tilt 🤔

Last edited:

On this day 88 years ago in Berlin, Jesse Owen’s won the 🥇 in the 100; one of 4 🥇he won, including: king jump, 200 and 4x100.

“Although I wasn’t invited to shake hands with Hitler, I wasn’t invited to the White House to shake the President’s hands either.”

All around 🐐 goat.

The Chinese men’s synchronized diving team is Long/Wang.

so much for the good vibes about the US Men's Soccer team. lose 4-0 to Morocco in the Quarterfinals.

as I type this, the US Women are tied 0-0 with Japan in the 71st minute.

I wonder how many calories Ryan Crousher consumes a day - two time defending Olympic 🥇 winner in the shot put.

Also I wonder if he has to do any cardio?

Top Bottom