All Things 2024 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

If they really wanted him, they would have reached an extension agreement last off season.
He wanted more money and guaranteed years than what they could afford.

Just that simple. You want a fantasy to be true, but it isn't

so what did they offer him last year or this year?

Well, there it is; Washington trades Sam Howell to Seattle:

"The Commanders will send Howell and fourth- and sixth-round picks (Nos. 102 and 179) to Seattle in exchange for third- and fifth-round selections (Nos. 78 and 152). Essentially, Seattle will get its replacement for departed backup Drew Lock in exchange for moving 24 spots back from the third round to the fourth and 27 spots back from the fifth round to the sixth."

Good move for Seattle. I've said here before, I'm a Howell fan. I think he makes some starts for Seattle, if not winning the starting job outright.
And if he isn’t the outright starter this year, they may have Geno’s replacement.

how many followers does a person need?
How fast is too fast to drive on the freeway?

200mph is obviously too fast.

4k followers is obviously too low to take seriously. Don't need to answer your question

The "100% really wanted" him is certainly debatable. If they really wanted him, they would have reached an extension agreement last off season.

They had reservations even though they were 13-4 in 2022. They let the market play out.

Gone.
They "wanted" him so badly that they felt allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent, able to speak with any other QB starved team to make him an offer, was their best course of action???

The Vikings pulled the bandaid off quickly and didn't look back. They never had any intention of offering him a market rate deal. It's really as simple as that.

Just a few days ago you were saying the Salary Cap increase would allow the Vikings to attract adequate Free Agents along with ability to find diamonds in the rough like Pace, while still resigning Cousins. Now they just couldn't afford it. Good one.

The non-fantasy part is Cousins is gone. Facts, Kwesi-KOC neither drafted him nor signed him as a Free Agent.

For all we know they took the Vikings jobs in spite of Cousins, not because of him. Only 32 of theses positions are available in the NFL.

Now I don't really believe that.

More reasonable, they knew in '22 & '23 with Cousins still in his early 30s and the talent around him they could give it a respectable go.

By 2024, closer to his 40s where his abilities can falter due to injury or age, they knew they could get out with an acceptable cap hit. That allows them to now get and build around their own guy.

That may be their true desire.

How fast is too fast to drive on the freeway?

200mph is obviously too fast.

4k followers is obviously too low to take seriously. Don't need to answer your question
How seriously do you take any of this? It's a sports message board.

You didn't take an Atlanta person seriously who laid out all the exact reasons Cousins was going to Atlanta. I'm sure I am lying about that......oh well.

How seriously do you take any of this? It's a sports message board.
Tweets from accounts with less than 4k followers shouldn’t be allowed to be posted.

Why waste people’s time with someone who is just lying to try to get more followers?

Doesn't sound like the Vikings really wanted Cousins, according to the QB himself.

As I knew would be the case before I clicked it, his quote says nothing within 100miles of the dishonesty you claimed.

Allen, DJ Moore, D'Andre Swift, Cole Kmet to go along with Williams. . .might I consider drafting a Bear in fantasy football for the first time that I can remember?

Sure going to be a lot of slinging the old pigskin in the Black & Blue division next year. I wonder if Willie Teal and John Swain are available for DB work.

As I knew would be the case before I clicked it, his quote says nothing within 100miles of the dishonesty you claimed.
Strib interpreted it the exact same way.

I can't wait for when they hang Cousins #8 in the Zygi Dome rafters. I'll be watching, unless it's a game streamed on Amazon Prime.

They "wanted" him so badly that they felt allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent, able to speak with any other QB starved team to make him an offer, was their best course of action???

The Vikings pulled the bandaid off quickly and didn't look back. They never had any intention of offering him a market rate deal. It's really as simple as that.
They tried it and it didn’t work out, fo they moved on.

If she ain’t the one after six years of dating, she’ll never be.

Or we’re drafting Murphy @11 and Nix/Pennix @23.
They have to draft defense in the first round.

Picking a QB outside the top 3 isn’t likely to be a franchise making QB anyway and they can’t get there no matter what.

But they can take the first defensive player at #11.

I’d even be fine picking defense with both. Go for a QB next year.

Strib interpreted it
Nope, more dishonesty from you.

Rand is the exact same thing as Reusse. Paid to cook up an opinion they think will sell. That’s not “the Strib”.

No doubt Kirk, Zim, and Speil weren’t on the same page, and no doubt Kirk, KOC, and KAM were on the same page. 2022 proves it

It’s unfortunate that ATL reset the market beyond what the Vikings were able to match, but is what it is. They wanted Kirk and the last ditch offer to keep him here proves it.

Nope, more dishonesty from you.

Rand is the exact same thing as Reusse. Paid to cook up an opinion they think will sell. That’s not “the Strib”.

No doubt Kirk, Zim, and Speil weren’t on the same page, and no doubt Kirk, KOC, and KAM were on the same page. 2022 proves it

It’s unfortunate that ATL reset the market beyond what the Vikings were able to match, but is what it is. They wanted Kirk and the last ditch offer to keep him here proves it.
So in summation, those Atlanta reporters were correct.

At least it appears that way. I know I probably have that wrong, but it's what my own eyes saw.

I bet the Vikings already have a handshake agreement with someone.

Top Bottom