All Things 2024 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

unfortunately, what can the Vikings do? I don't know if the CBA allows teams to fine players for off-field incidents. they're not going to trade him or bench him - they need him too much.

it's not like HS or college - they can't tell him to go out and run the stadium steps at 6:00am or run extra laps after practice.

in the end, pro teams just have to cross their fingers and hope that players don't do stupid things.

I would hope that his teammates get on his ass big-time.

but - his agent and handlers will draft a well-written statement where he expresses his remorse.

unfortunately, what can the Vikings do? I don't know if the CBA allows teams to fine players for off-field incidents. they're not going to trade him or bench him - they need him too much.

it's not like HS or college - they can't tell him to go out and run the stadium steps at 6:00am or run extra laps after practice.

in the end, pro teams just have to cross their fingers and hope that players don't do stupid things.

but - his agent and handlers will draft a well-written statement where he expresses his remorse.
Who you kidding chat gpt has the apology statement already written.

This is just so unfortunate. We continue to be a society that doesn't take driving impaired seriously. How we can have people driving around with 4, 6, 10+ DWI's, just makes no sense.

Not only the Khyree Jackson death, we're not that far removed from (does this sound familiar?) former 1st round draft pick, Wide Receiver, Henry Ruggs; killing a girl and her dog while going 120+mph on a city street in Las Vegas just a few years ago, at like 2-3am.

Just makes no sense at all.... The penalties and punishment needs to reflect that we actually take impaired driving seriously.

There's no excuse for anyone to do this. But then when you're someone with a lot of money, it's even more inexcusable. Just hire someone to drive you around when you're going to be out drinking.

Stupidity and irresponsibility aside, how does one go from passed-out drunk to released in a period of two hours? I thought they were supposed to hold you at least until you sobered up.

He also had an excessive speeding issue, way over 100MPH last summer in the Twin Cities. I expect there will be some suspension forthcoming from either the Vikes or NFL.

He also had an excessive speeding issue, way over 100MPH last summer in the Twin Cities. I expect there will be some suspension forthcoming from either the Vikes or NFL.
There better be. What a dumbass- just days after his teammate being killed. I can chalk up the first incident to being really young, instantly rich, and dumb. This one says he learned absolutely nothing from being gifted a slap on the wrist from "driving his dog to the vet" or whatever lame-ass excuse he gave. If you can afford a Rolls Royce and a Lambo SUV (or at least more likely the leasing of them), you can afford an Uber.

Unless he was picked up by someone?
When I got mine at 22, the car was towed. I had to call a friend to pick me up at 4 am and was released when he posted the bond. I then had to call the municipality, Burnsville, to find out where it was towed the next day and wasn’t allowed to drive it home. I was able drive for work after my sentencing, as I was a salesman with a territory.

His lawyer or security maybe was able to expedite the process due to their connections to law enforcement.

My lawyer played golf with the Dakota County judge in my case and got it plead down to driving under the influence; my first offense and I was only a .12, back when it was .10. I don’t know if the golf relationship made a difference, but it certainly wasn’t a negative.

Last edited:

Stupidity and irresponsibility aside, how does one go from passed-out drunk to released in a period of two hours? I thought they were supposed to hold you at least until you sobered up.

that's an interesting wrinkle. I've seen people speculating that maybe it wasn't booze - that he was high on pot or edibles and just zonked out.

I'm not a cop or an attorney, but maybe that puts things in a different category, at least legally.

I've seen it suggested that Cris Carter have a come to Jesus with him. Seems like a good idea.

This is just so unfortunate. We continue to be a society that doesn't take driving impaired seriously. How we can have people driving around with 4, 6, 10+ DWI's, just makes no sense.

Not only the Khyree Jackson death, we're not that far removed from (does this sound familiar?) former 1st round draft pick, Wide Receiver, Henry Ruggs; killing a girl and her dog while going 120+mph on a city street in Las Vegas just a few years ago, at like 2-3am.

Just makes no sense at all.... The penalties and punishment needs to reflect that we actually take impaired driving seriously.
Correct. DUI = attempted murder.

that's an interesting wrinkle. I've seen people speculating that maybe it wasn't booze - that he was high on pot or edibles and just zonked out.

I'm not a cop or an attorney, but maybe that puts things in a different category, at least legally.
Doing a quick internet search, it would appear it's still a relatively gray matter in California. I remember a lot of MN legislators bringing this up regarding their opposition of this in MN, in that how do you enforce DUI? It's illegal to drive impaired in CA, but there isn't a maximum THC level you can drive with, so it's largely undefined.

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/marijuana-and-driving-california-lacks-legal-thc-limit/

I've been told that 'modern' pot is supposedly a lot more potent than it was back in my day, but I find it hard to believe that marijuana — by itself — could cause a healthy young person to fall asleep behind the wheel on an L.A. freeway.

I guess we'll find out.

as noted, there is the legal process in California, and then there is the question of what the NFL might do. with this event, combined with the 140-mph incident last year, there's a strong possibility that the NFL will come down with some kind of suspension and/or fine.

if Addison winds up getting suspended for a few games, that will leave the Vikes pretty short-handed in the WR room. they might have to pick up another body during training camp - depending on when the NFL makes a ruling.

Sports page turning into a police blotter page. Lots of dumb asses in the sports field these days.

I was 7 yrs old and my family was returning home from a Christmas trip to visit relatives out of state. We did not quite make it home for Kick Off of the NFC Championship, but made it back within range so we were able to listen to the first half on the big 8-3-0.

Joe McConnell did the play-by-play. I almost tore the back seat apart when this happened. Here's what we missed:

Top Bottom