All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Margot has a .463 SLG and .829 OPS against lefties. The league average SLG is .396 and OPS is .708. He's been a very good player against lefty starters especially. That's why he's on the team and should remain on the team.

Martin is .333 SLG and .666 OPS against lefties, although with pretty minimal at-bats.
Damn those facts!

To the amusement of Jack Morris, Max Kepler homered in his FIFTH-STRAIGHT at-bat against Trevor Bauer on this date in 2019.

He homered in the first and second innings of this game, and hit three off Trevy back on June 6.

No Miranda or Buxton or Jeffers. More Margot and Vasquez.

Unless he got hurt crashing into the wall last night, no reason for Buxton to sit tonight. Just had a day off Thursday, 5 day break in two days.

Twins have played 94 games to date. Buxton has appeared in 71 games, or 76%.

his most healthy season was 2017 where he appeared in 140 games - 86%.

other seasons:
2015 - 46 games - 28%
2016 - 92 games - 57%
2018 - 28 games - 17%
2019 - 87 games - 54%
2020 - 39 games (of 60) - 65%
2021 - 61 games - 38%
2022 - 92 games - 57%
2023 - 85 games - 52%

Buxton is on pace to appear in 123 games this season, which would be the 2nd most in his career. I'll take it. if that means he gets a few days off to try and keep him healthy, so be it.

I understand playing the long game, but the Twins had Tuesday and Thursday off this week and Buxton did not play in game one of the doubleheader. Couple that with him being on fire right now (around .430 over his last 15 games) and I don't get putting him on the bench for a nationally televised game. I'd be a little less annoyed if they at least found a way to give Carmago a shot someplace in tonight's Getaway Day lineup.

So the twins are finally gonna be on tv for people of Minnesota and now this happens and they won’t be on tv for a while. The twins have some shit luck.

I understand playing the long game, but the Twins had Tuesday and Thursday off this week and Buxton did not play in game one of the doubleheader. Couple that with him being on fire right now (around .430 over his last 15 games) and I don't get putting him on the bench for a nationally televised game. I'd be a little less annoyed if they at least found a way to give Carmago a shot someplace in tonight's Getaway Day lineup.
He ran full bore into the wall last night, so maybe he’s sore?

Wouldn’t that be the logical assumption as to why he’s not playing tonight vs. another reason?

He ran full bore into the wall last night, so maybe he’s sore?

Wouldn’t that be the logical assumption as to why he’s not playing tonight vs. another reason?
I said above that he might be out because he got hurt. My response was to SON speculating that they might be resting him to keep him healthy.

So, I think Lee can handle 2B based on that play alone (assuming he knows how to hop out of the way of a runner trying to break up a double play).

In HS our coach would slide a canvas bag of helmets at us in the gym during spring practice. 20 minutes of that should do it

They said it's his first start there, but he's previously played 3rd and 2nd as well to give you even more options.
1st time at the Hot Corner as a Twin though. Last appearance there was in 2021 as a Red Sox.

I wasn't aware he previously played 2B as a Twin. Thanks!

If you don’t have a paid TV login, foxsports app will only let you watch for an hour. Hopefully the Trump incident coverage will be over by then to switch over to OTA.
I have cable and mlb.tv along with peacock, so I got the twins covered. Just missing appletv.

Striking out looking to end the 8th and 9th is frustrating. They were good pitches, but what ever happening to battling?

Or course the way guys throw is amazing the ball is ever put in play.

Last edited:

Odd decision with the Giants infield IN (T9/0 Outs/bases juiced/down 3-2) to opt for the 4-6-3 double play, especially considering the runner at 3rd and hitter.

AJ read my mind.

Odd decision with the Giants infield IN (T9/0 Outs/bases juiced/down 3-2) to opt for the 4-6-3 double play, especially considering the runner at 3rd and hitter.

AJ read my mind.
I think he was worried about hitting the runner going from first to second. When he fielded the ball the runner was in the throwing lane and maybe even the pitcher. Just my humble opinion.

Striking out looking to end the 8th and 9th is frustrating. They were good pitches, but what ever happening to battling?

Or course the way guys throw is amazing the ball is ever put in play.
Most annoying thing to me is watching a 3rd strike to end an inning with runner in scoring position.

Top Bottom