All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

A very similar thought went through my head.

Small sample size obviously, but I saw him last Sept when there was talk he might get brought up, possibly even for the post-season hinging on the health of Correa & Lewis. He didn't look ready that night.

Today he did.
The weird thing is they don’t have him playing 2B at all. Because of that I think it’s unlikely he gets the call right now. Castro continues to play well also.

Maybe Correa’s worst game of the season. Oh for five at the plate and a critical error in the field.

Harmon Killebrew drove in his 1,000th run on this date in 1968.

Dean Chance pitched a three-hit shutout.

Sometimes the other team's just better. Sometimes you shoot yourself in the foot. A few guys are going to need to have their toes wrapped up before today's game.

Sometimes the other team's just better. Sometimes you shoot yourself in the foot. A few guys are going to need to have their toes wrapped up before today's game.
When Lewis fielded that ball in the 10th and took 2.5 steps to RC before he chucked it, in my head it had bad throw written all over it. I was just hoping Santana could get a glove on it to prevent the runner on 2nd from scoring.

I think this is a Tom Kelly saying. there are four possible outcomes to a baseball game.

You beat the other team
the other team beats you
you beat yourselves
the other team beats themselves

the Twins beat themselves on Wednesday. key errors, and relief pitchers who could not or would not throw strikes. today is another day and an opportunity to do better.

1-10 RISP; we win as a team and lose as one.

Today’s a new day, shake it off and go win another series and get 8 out of ten on a ten game homestand

I think this is a Tom Kelly saying. there are four possible outcomes to a baseball game.

You beat the other team
the other team beats you
you beat yourselves
the other team beats themselves

the Twins beat themselves on Wednesday. key errors, and relief pitchers who could not or would not throw strikes. today is another day and an opportunity to do better.
Weather permitting.

Weather permitting.

well, looking at the radar, I think they can get the game started, but there is a big old green blob on the radar heading for Mpls - probably an hour or two away at this point. so it could be iffy whether they can get the entire game in.

it's a get-way day with the Twins getting ready to make a West Coast road trip. Tampa starts a series at Pittsburgh tomorrow. so the question is how long the teams would be willing to sit through a rain delay.

Using Okert on back-to-back days (especially when he wasn't great yesterday) is probably a good indicator of what they think of Thielbar at this point.

Jay Jackson can take the train to St. Paul. There must be another living, breathing person they can send over.

Twins lose in the 10 on a base running mistake by Royce Lewis. He get double off and thrown out at 3rd base.

Looking forward to the Giants game vs. St. Louis tonight on Fox as they should have some exceptional coverage regarding Willie. If you’re a true seamhead, especially if you’re younger, this should be excellent for your ❤️ of the game.

Last edited:

On this date in 1970, pitcher Jim Perry raised his season average to .368.

He kept his average about .300 until August 11. Unfortunately, he finished the season batting just .247, but accepted the Cy Young Award as a consolation prize.

The bullpen is a bit of a hot mess. Cole Sands, Jackson and Thielbar are unplayable. Thankfully they ditched Jackson, but they need to bite the bullet and put Varland in the bullpen as well.

Top Bottom