All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Cool that SWR gets the 7th. Sux he got enough of that to get it out.

This team being above .500 has to be one of the biggest mysteries of all time.

Tuned into the Saints tonight to see if maybe there's some hope for the offense waiting in the wings.

Saints are currently getting one-hit through 6 by journeyman lefty Joey Luchessi as they trail 8 nothing.

Joe Pohlad need to clean house. There better be some firing soon. Rocco can be fired anytime now. The front office head need to go also. We need to start over.

Joe Pohlad need to clean house. There better be some firing soon. Rocco can be fired anytime now. The front office head need to go also. We need to start over.
They made the playoffs last year and are above .500 this year.

That's all Pohlad cares about.

The entire Falvey Spreadsheet regime needs to go. At a minimum right now, the hitting coach should be fired by Monday. But they will do nothing. The Pohlads don't give a $%%. It would be nice if they'd sell to someone who does.

Another long stretch without scoring. 18 innings and going. It’s like their cycles sync. They’re all awful at the same time.
"The Time of the Month Gang" would sell a lot of t-shirts but I refuse to interview the new mascot candidates.

Today's moves to jump start an offense that hasn't scored since it arrived in Pennsylvania? Hit a slow-footed 38 year old batting .217 in the leadoff spot and sit Royce Lewis. Color me skeptical.

It ain't pretty. but, from a practical standpoint, what can you do? You can't fire the entire team.

I personally don't like the team's hitting philosophy. if it was up to me, terms like exit velocity and launch angle would be banished from the game. bring in Rod Carew and teach players how to make contact first, and worry about the other stuff later.

but, these players are products of the modern approach to hitting. I don't know if it's possible or practical to ask or force players to change their entire approach mid-season.

and realistically, no matter how much people blame the Pohlads, the Twins' payroll is ranked 19th in MLB. there are four teams with smaller payrolls that have better records than the Twins. It's not just about money - it's how you spend that money. it's about the decisions you make.

I would be fine if the Twins made front office changes in the off-season. New GM, new front office, and new people in the scouting, drafting and player development departments.

but I'm not going to hold my breath while I wait.

The Twins scored a run on what was very clearly a foul ball. How can something like that not be reviewable?

Now 1 for 23 with RISP in this series. 0 for 12 today alone. Amazing.

It’s crazy to me for the Pirates to just give up like this. You battle all game to get to extras and then just let a guy completely blow it.

11-4 Twins in the top of the 10th.

Pirates and Twins have each used 6 pitchers. Only the Pirates have an off day tomorrow.

They didn't have much to be angry about. Twins have scored 6 since then with only 1 out. Though they're probably pretty ticked off at their pitcher.
I'm talking about the 3rd run the Twins scored. Without that, there are no extra innings.

Luke Keaschall Just cracked Baseball America,s Top 100 list. Love his attitude, maybe Varland’s can take notes.

This article by Park, the Twins MLB beat writer, highlights his rapid rise.

“I want to hit the crap out of the ball and be able to play any position they ask me to play,” Keaschall said.

The way the 21-year-old has done that has already put him on the fast track to making real noise in the organization. Though he’s ranked No. 9 in MLB Pipeline’s organizational rankings for the Twins, the club’s 2023 second-round pick is quickly on the rise, recently cracking Baseball America’s overall top 100 and having been promoted on May 27 to become the first player in the organization’s ‘23 Draft class to reach Double-A Wichita.

Even as one of the youngest players in the Texas League, Keaschall has slotted in as the everyday leadoff hitter for the Wind Surge, hitting one spot ahead of Top 100 prospect (No. 31, per MLB Pipeline) Emmanuel Rodriguez before “Emma” was placed on the IL with a right thumb injury. It’s been a relatively aggressive promotion timeline, but one that’s been earned, because Keaschall has absolutely been meeting his goal.

Keaschall has continued to move up at a dizzying pace, but has responded with the same relentless production at every level, helping him carry a career .311/.431/.498 slash line in the Minors into Sunday, with a nearly even strikeout-to-walk ratio, a heaping of stolen bases and still-developing power.

It hasn’t taken long at each level for the Twins to feel they’ve seen what they wanted to see from Keaschall. He only needed 20 games with Single-A Fort Myers last season before he got the bump to High-A Cedar Rapids. And he’d only played 52 games over the past two campaigns with the Kernels before getting the call to Double-A Wichita two weeks ago, less than two months into his first full season.

We were sitting just a couple rows behind the Twins dugout, you could clearly hear the foul tip. Nice to have a bad call go our way.

PNC is fabulous, what a gorgeous location.
That's what got me. I can see if maybe Davis got his glove up high enough, it obscured the home plate ump's vision, but he should have been able to hear the bat on the ball.
Kudos to Kepler for having the presence of mind to take off for home.

That's what got me. I can see if maybe Davis got his glove up high enough, it obscured the home plate ump's vision, but he should have been able to hear the bat on the ball.
Kudos to Kepler for having the presence of mind to take off for home.
I don't think the catcher sold it very well. He ran to grab the ball almost immediately as if it was just a passed ball. If it was an obvious foul ball, usually the catcher just asks for a new ball right away. Not his fault, just an observation that may have influenced the call by the umps.

Weird play and crazy that isn't reviewable.

I don't get too wound up about uniforms, but the Twins released their "City Connect" uniform this morning. Woof.

Top Bottom