All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

If you wanna feel better about Minnesota sports Sonny Grey is currently 6-2 with a 2.87 ERA. Twins didn’t need him though.

Nah. Lopez still has good peripheral numbers, and it's more a case of bad luck than anything. He's still a legit #1/#2 starter in a league where those are next-to-impossible to get in a trade or in FA outside of the few big, big money teams.

Arraez is a homeless man's version of Tony Gwynn who is completely useless on defense.
It's next to impossible to get a 1/2 in a trade? 3 of them were dealt this offseason. 4 if you count Sale.

If you wanna feel better about Minnesota sports Sonny Grey is currently 6-2 with a 2.87 ERA. Twins didn’t need him though.

that assumes that Gray would have re-signed with the Twins. He signed for 3 years/$75-million with the Cardinals. would he have taken the same offer from the Twins? I don't know. there were reports that Gray did not get along with Rocco. so it's possible he would not have signed with the Twins even if the Twins matched the Cardinals' offer.

in any case, the Twins' pitching has not been their major problem.

Twins pitching staff - MLB ranks
1st in fewest walks allowed
3rd in strikeouts
7th in saves
11th in WHIP
14th in runs allowed

Twins hitters - MLB ranks
batting average - 23rd
OBP - 22nd
RBI - 16th
OPS - 14th
most strikeouts - 14th
runs scored - 15th
slugging - 11th

I'm guessing they will DH Lewis a solid amount right away anyways. He's hitting the ball so well.
I wish 1 of those guys (Lewis or Lee) could play outfield so we could dump Margot. Need a right handed hitting outfielder that could provide some offense.

Sands and Duran tried to blow it. Twins hang on 6-5

I wish 1 of those guys (Lewis or Lee) could play outfield so we could dump Margot. Need a right handed hitting outfielder that could provide some offense.
Lewis in LF makes a lot of sense to me.

It would be nice to have a RH-hitting OF in the mix - but, of the available options, only Austin Martin hits RH.

I just don't think they will put Lewis in the OF again. as far as other candidates, Brooks Lee is a switch-hitter, but he's an IF all the way. DaShawn Keirsey is a LH hitter. Emmanuel Rodriquez is a LH Hitter. Twins whole system is pretty LH heavy for OF candidates.

further down the pipeline, Gabriel Gonzalez is a RH hitter, but he's at High-A right now, so not an option for a couple of years at least.

He also gets hurt running the bases. I don't think where he plays in the field is going to prevent him from getting hurt again.

The salient point, was and is, that he is less likely to be injured playing infield, where he has spent the vast majority of his time playing professionally and likely as an amateur, because it’s what is he is used to and comfortable with; that’s why I referenced his injury in the outfield. That’s the comp - not running the bases🤠

Additionally, from my understanding, he didn’t take any reps in the outfield during his rehab stint last season, nor is he scheduled to now, therefore, it would be counterintuitive to place him in the OF without those reps at the MLB level.

From everything I’ve seen and read, his position was and is third base for the foreseeable future, barring a catastrophic injury to Correra.

The salient point, was and is, that he is less likely to be injured playing infield, where he has spent the vast majority of his time playing professionally and likely as an amateur, because it’s what is he is used to and comfortable with; that’s why I referenced his injury in the outfield. That’s the comp - not running the bases🤠

Additionally, from my understanding, he didn’t take any reps in the outfield during his rehab stint last season, nor is he scheduled to now, therefore, it would be counterintuitive to place him in the OF without those reps at the MLB level.

From everything I’ve seen and read, his position was and is third base for the foreseeable future, barring a catastrophic injury to Correra.

And I think that is a mistake, nor do I believe he's any less likely to get injured playing 3B. Just like Buxton didn't stay more healthy DH'ing last season.

Lewis is an elite hitter but he's an average 3B at best. If all the Twins young guys pan out, they're all IF's long term. Lewis is the most logical to make the move to the OF. I'd rather have him out there for the month or so he'll stay healthy before his next IL stint.

that assumes that Gray would have re-signed with the Twins. He signed for 3 years/$75-million with the Cardinals. would he have taken the same offer from the Twins? I don't know. there were reports that Gray did not get along with Rocco. so it's possible he would not have signed with the Twins even if the Twins matched the Cardinals' offer.

in any case, the Twins' pitching has not been their major problem.

Twins pitching staff - MLB ranks
1st in fewest walks allowed
3rd in strikeouts
7th in saves
11th in WHIP
14th in runs allowed

Twins hitters - MLB ranks
batting average - 23rd
OBP - 22nd
RBI - 16th
OPS - 14th
most strikeouts - 14th
runs scored - 15th
slugging - 11th

Really good post.

And I think that is a mistake, nor do I believe he's any less likely to get injured playing 3B. Just like Buxton didn't stay more healthy DH'ing last season.

——————
Buxton had a chronic knee condition which required surgery this off-season and rehab to address it; he tried to play through it last year, by DHIng🤠

——————-

Lewis is an elite hitter but he's an average 3B at best. If all the Twins young guys pan out, they're all IF's long term.

——————
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Highly unlikely, that all the aforementioned prospects, will make it and stick in the show.

Are you unable to trade prospects now?? Prospects are assets to build your team.

—————————-

Lewis is the most logical to make the move to the OF. I'd rather have him out there for the month or so he'll stay healthy before his next IL stint.

——————
Lewis, will improve at third. Pro tip: if you can play SS in MLB, you can play third.

While, you’re entitled to your opinion, I find your supposition to be faulty and disagree with it.

Im done with this dialogue, so if you reply back, you’ll be playing with yourself🥳

———————

Lewis is an elite hitter but he's an average 3B at best. If all the Twins young guys pan out, they're all IF's long term. Lewis is the most logical to make the move to the OF. I'd rather have him out there for the month or so he'll stay healthy before his next IL stint.
They should be shopping Lewis at the deadline. :cool:

Top Bottom