All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Lovin it Slim - hopefully we scratch a couple of runs here, cause you deserve a
W

Pile on more inherited runs. It's a horseshit bullpen and everything they tried to bolster it has been a complete and utter failure.

Bad night : Runners on second and third with no outs in 3rd inning results in zero runs and in 6th inning get a runner thrown out at home while having zero outs.
Bad couple weeks : Miranda, Julien, and Martin have cost us four games recently through their bad defense snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
On the plus side : starters, Jax, and Santana's defense.

Last edited:

Margo's OPS is still .100 higher than Taylor's this season. Not to mention that Margot has a significantly higher OBP and SLG % than Taylor, and they've both made 2 errors this season in the OF.

Taylor's year last year was an anomaly. He's cooked, and Margot is a better player today than Taylor is. The Twins made the right choice moving on from him.
Margot is worse defensively with the two errors each misleading. But when your best centerfielder is always hurt that’s the price you pay.

Atlanta sweep the Twins. 1-5 on this homestand. We not winning the AL Central and we going to miss the playoffs. I can feel it right now. Boston is going to pass the Twins in the Wild Card standings.

A Minnesota pro sports team going to kick us in the sack again? Not panicking yet but the heat is getting turned up

What am I to make of the Buxton and Correa injuries. I mean the last couple of years they have, especially Buxton, proved they can’t stay healthy. This is especially true late in the season. They are both good players, but they can’t stay on the field. These were all things known going into the season. Manny Margot sucks.

Get Lee, Varland and Winder up ASAP. They're immediately you're 3rd and 4th receivers. Sign Smyly and Taylor. Cut Farmer, Margot and Thielbar. Enough with terrible veterans. If you're going to sink at least do it with the kids.

It ain't pretty.

maybe this team over-achieved for a good part of the season - considering the injuries and the bullpen problems. I don't think they're as bad as they look right now, but maybe they're not as good as they looked during the middle of the season, either.

there is talent on the roster - but is it enough talent - or enough consistent talent? too many guys who are streaky at the plate.

when the final post-mortem is done, the front office has to bear its share of the responsibility for being unable to bring in quality bullpen options.

but - we just don't know how much the front office has been handcuffed by ownership and salary concerns. and (don't shoot the messenger), the local TV revenue situation is not going to improve next season. at this point, the options are stay with Diamond if it survives bankruptcy - or go to some over-the-air/cable/DTC streaming combination that will likely result in Less revenue.

in closing, this is one of those days when Bart Giamatti's quote rings true:

“[Baseball] breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall all alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.”

in closing, this is one of those days when Bart Giamatti's quote rings true:

“[Baseball] breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall all alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.”

I prefer his son Paul’s line in Sideways - “If anyone orders Merlot, I’m leaving. I am NOT drinking any f@cking Merlot!”

No Kepler in today's lineup, even though he has good career numbers vs. Gausman.

Is he headed to the IL to join the others (who can return any day now, tick tock)?

Jax throws 3 pitchers in the 8th. Why pull him for Duran?

Twins Win.

bloggers and podcasters upset that they can't find as much to complain about. (but rest assured, complain they will).

on Kepler, Rocco said the knee is still an issue and they don't want to play him until they're sure he's OK.

No Kepler in today's lineup, even though he has good career numbers vs. Gausman.

Is he headed to the IL to join the others (who can return any day now, tick tock)?
Twins Win.

bloggers and podcasters upset that they can't find as much to complain about. (but rest assured, complain they will).

on Kepler, Rocco said the knee is still an issue and they don't want to play him until they're sure he's OK.
Kepler was at least healthy enough to play the 9th in RF.

With rosters expanding Sunday, probably think they can get by.

I had really good seats tonight courtesy, of a buddy getting comped. Cushy. Literally.

4 rows behind the Jays dugout. Pablo was dealin'.

Top Bottom