All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I won a contest at a local grocery store back in ‘69 that got me a free glove and 4 tickets to a Twins game at the Met. Before the game I got to meet Harmon so he could sign the glove I had won. Regardless to say I was on cloud 9 but unfortunately I have no idea what happened to that glove 😡

I won a contest at a local grocery store back in ‘69 that got me a free glove and 4 tickets to a Twins game at the Met. Before the game I got to meet Harmon so he could sign the glove I had won. Regardless to say I was on cloud 9 but unfortunately I have no idea what happened to that glove 😡
Great to have that memory, sorry to hear about the glove - that sux.

Twins defense has been great. The at bats by Larnach and Wallner with Castro on 2nd and no outs were very disappointing. First pitch swinging on weak ground outs.

That Jeffers baserunning blunder in the 3rd was costly. Should have been bases loaded no outs. Got no runs.

when allowing 2 runs or less, the Twins are now 32-2.

would be nice to win Sunday, but it's Festa vs Bibee. advantage Cleveland - at least on paper.

after this series, Cleveland faces the Cubs (.496 win pct), Brewers (.578), Yankees (.585), Texas (.470), Royals (.551) and Pirates (.483).

Twins have Royals (.551), Texas (.470), San Diego (.559), St. Louis (.508), Atlanta (.526) and Toronto (.462).

so pretty comparable schedules for the rest of August.

Harmon Killebrew hit his 500th and 501st home runs off Baltimore's Mike Cuellar at Met Stadium on this date in 1971. (Twins lost 4-3.)

The Twins actually gave away mugs commemorating Killebrew's 500th home run back on July 6th, assuming he would have reached the milestone by then, but he was having an uncharacteristically slow stretch in terms of home run production.
My dad and I were there.

That Jeffers baserunning blunder in the 3rd was costly. Should have been bases loaded no outs. Got no runs.
The twins are always successful with those situations. Have not seen any replays of the play but seems like Jeffers was in no man’s land with that hit.

The twins are always successful with those situations. Have not seen any replays of the play but seems like Jeffers was in no man’s land with that hit.
Kwan deeked Jeffers that he was going to easily catch the ball; definitely a tough read, but a better base runner probably figures it out.

Kwan is a really good player and just like the rest of The Land’s team, annoys me.

Hopefully we get a good solid W today and send a message about the next six weeks.

Why the hell is farmer playing. Looks like no blood from the series, which feels like a huge loss after winning the first two.

Fitting way to end it with a double play to end the game. Twins and bases loaded with no outs is just not a recipe for success lately.

Bottom of the order set up the top for the win but alas the supposed big bats failed.

A little bit of bad luck. Ball goes off the very top of the wall. Two hits with RISP that are directly at an outfielder and runs don’t score.

Larnach should drop down in the order. I don’t get having him at the top.

Knowing that you had 1,2,3 coming up with the bases loaded and no outs I am still going to ask the question. Would it have made sense to get Jeffers an at bat instead of Larnach? Righties were hitting 100 points higher of Clase and the righties were how you got the bases loaded and no outs.

A little bit of bad luck. Ball goes off the very top of the wall. Two hits with RISP that are directly at an outfielder and runs don’t score.

Larnach should drop down in the order. I don’t get having him at the top.
I’d like to see correra in the two hole when he’s back

Knowing that you had 1,2,3 coming up with the bases loaded and no outs I am still going to ask the question. Would it have made sense to get Jeffers an at bat instead of Larnach? Righties were hitting 100 points higher of Clase and the righties were how you got the bases loaded and no outs.
Great point.

Plus he had some good swings last night.

Hey, I'm a fan - but I'm also a realist.

Twins have 3 rookie pitchers in their starting rotation (as of now).

In order for the Twins to stay in the hunt for the division or a wild card spot, the lineup has to produce big time. they are going to have to score a lot of runs to keep the Twins in games if/when the rookies struggle. it would help if Correa could come back, but there's no guarantee on when he can return or how productive he might be if the foot is still hurting.

the odds are not in their favor. having said that, all I can do as a fan is to watch and see what happens.

Hey, I'm a fan - but I'm also a realist.

Twins have 3 rookie pitchers in their starting rotation (as of now).

In order for the Twins to stay in the hunt for the division or a wild card spot, the lineup has to produce big time. they are going to have to score a lot of runs to keep the Twins in games if/when the rookies struggle. it would help if Correa could come back, but there's no guarantee on when he can return or how productive he might be if the foot is still hurting.

the odds are not in their favor. having said that, all I can do as a fan is to watch and see what happens.
We’ve got nine straight games until the next off day.

I’m thinking/hoping Ober can go Wednesday, but I’m wondering who gets Tuesday’s game - Zebby, Plutko?

We need much better offensive output moving forward and was disappointed, we didn’t rebound today.

I think we really need 2 out of 3 against the Royals; guess we’ll know more in the next ten days whether we’re contenders or pretenders.

Last edited:

Gleeman with a great article about our Kiddie Corps Rotation. Didn’t know until now that Ober (29) is older than Pablo (28) 🤯

I think Zebby goes on Tuesday and it ends up being between him and Varland to fill Ryan’s spot. He just had a stellar outing in St. Paul on 8-8, so it lines up for him to go Tuesday.
Amazingly, he was chucking in High A three months ago🤯.

Zebby - 8 round pick. (98th ranked prospect by MLB)
Festa - 15 round pick (85th ranked prospect by MLB)
Varland - 13 round pick

Amazing to have two guys selected in the middle rounds, who were developed into Top 100 prospects.

It appears that our pitching pipeline is catching up to our position player pipeline and we won’t have to listen to that complaint much longer; we have more arms coming up shortly: Raya, Soto & C. J. Culpepper (8,9,10 in our Top 30 list)

With Zebby now a Top100 prospect, we now have six (tied with Mariners for second and the Cubbies are first with 7)- 🤩 Wow

Jenkins
Lee
Rodriguez
Festa
Keaschall
Zebby

Last edited:

Top Bottom