All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

We were due for something like this.
Yup, thst was my point.
Maybe we can sign Bauer and resurrect the career of Larnach’s college teammate Luke Heimlich and push the boundaries of MLB’s political correctness.
Shall I organize the protests now?

I’d rather go forward with my plans to clone Ober and name him Out

Ober domination in the first game - smoke ‘em - he’s throwing another gem.

Goodness gracious Bailey, you keep this up you’re going to be getting some Cy Young Votes - you Stud!

37 year old Alex Cobb, Guard’s game 2 starter, hasn’t pitched in 11 months; he’ll either be great or horrid. I’m opting for the latter.

Let’s grab two today!!

Roy Smalley sucks and he's monotone and boring. But hey, at least he missed the memo that Cleveland dropped the "Indians" moniker 3 years ago.

and now we hand the rest of the series over to the Kiddie Corps.

now, don't shoot the messenger, but I saw on Twitter that the Twins have reportedly "expressed interest" in the ageless Rich Hill. Rich - aka Dick Mountain - has pitched for 13 teams during his 19-year career. In 2020 Hill started 8 games for the Twins, going 2-2 w/a 3.03 ERA. (if you can name all 13 teams Hill has played for, you are the king of baseball trivia)

1723237524891.png

now, don't shoot the messenger, but I saw on Twitter that the Twins have reportedly "expressed interest" in the ageless Rich Hill. Rich - aka Dick Mountain - has pitched for 13 teams during his 19-year career. In 2020 Hill started 8 games for the Twins, going 2-2 w/a 3.03 ERA. (if you can name all 13 teams Hill has played for, you are the king of baseball trivia)
I’ll be shocked if they don’t bring in a veteran, that’s why I was stumping for Paxton before the deadline, as we were one injury away from being a Montesori Majority Rotation. If Varland can pitch tonight, I have faith in SWR & Slim Reaper to do their part. Ober gets almost zero Ks in his fastball and he doesn’t need to, as it sets up his other pitches - Louis I hope you were watching intently.

Twins catchers do a heck of a job with calling games; I’m thinking Vasquez has helped Jeffers grow in that area.

Yipee I get to subscribe to Apple TV again

Ober has been the man this year. Should be good to go for the last game of the KC series next week.

Rich Hill = Immaculate Grid Stalwart

I was referring to the pitchers they had targeted - my bad, I thought that was apparent.

Possibly they weren’t as enthralled with a guy whose record was, 5-6 W/3.81 ERA and 1.279 WHIP as you are. Did that ever occur to you?
I'd rather have that guy then rely on Louie Varland or Randy Dobnak. Wouldn't you?

I'd rather have that guy than rely on Louie Varland or Randy Dobnak. Wouldn't you?
Nice answer to my question 🙋.

Dobnak isn’t getting any starts, he’s a mop up man - they’ve made it clear by how they’ve used him.

I’d rather have Paxton than Varland, but I could be wrong, I often am. I didn’t Want Varland getting the nod, as I feel he didn’t earn it. For all I know, Varland will be lights out tonight, thus showing they know more than I

I hope they’re right and I’m wrong, as I care much more about my team winning, than being proven right - growth, I hope😃

Last edited:

Ober domination in the first game - smoke ‘em - he’s throwing another gem.

37 year old Alex Cobb, Guard’s game 2 starter, hasn’t pitched in 11 months; he’ll either be great or horrid. I’m opting for the latter.

Let’s grab two today!!
Got the first one! Now lets get the second one!

I hate this world of streaming. Watching sports should not be this complicated. Can’t wait for this nfl season and the 2026 NBA season when you will get maybe 50% of the wolves games on cable. Go bleep yourselves sports leagues gauging every nickel from providers and not giving two shits about your customers.

Also Bailey Obers charge up is so good right now.

Great effort and awareness by Vasquez to steal a run

Love being aggressive

I hate this world of streaming. Watching sports should not be this complicated. Can’t wait for this nfl season and the 2026 NBA season when you will get maybe 50% of the wolves games on cable. Go bleep yourselves sports leagues gauging every nickel from providers and not giving two shits about your customers.

Also Bailey Obers charge up is so good right now.
I pay $118 a month for DirecTV Stream. I have Prime, Hulu, Disney, Peacock and Paramount Plus. I couldn't justify spending 10 bucks to watch one Twins game on Apple.

I’ll be shocked if they don’t bring in a veteran, that’s why I was stumping for Paxton before the deadline, as we were one injury away from being a Montesori Majority Rotation. If Varland can pitch tonight,
Wow, Louis, you look so much better than you did at the start of the season.

You’re pitching and not just throwing, changing speeds well, moving the ball around the dish and not trying to just overpower the hitters.

Love your body language also, as you used to glare at the ups when you didn’t get the call and you’ve been unflappable, even with Royce being a bit rough in the field tonight.

Your stuff is elite, stay within yourself and keep a level head and you can get some starter’s cash in the future.

Edit: sucked it got away from you in the 5th; wish you were in a lower leverage spot than against the Guards, but I’ll be excited for another start from you.

We need to be able score more than 2 runs against Cobb.

I have faith in SWR & Slim Reaper to do their part. Ober gets almost zero Ks in his fastball and he doesn’t need to, as it sets up his other pitches - Louis I hope you were watching intently.

Twins catchers do a heck of a job with calling games; I’m thinking Vasquez has helped Jeffers grow in that area.

Yipee I get to subscribe to Apple TV again

Last edited:

What the hell did Willis tell Cobb to do with Wallner. It’s like he told him to pitch around him and the throws an absolute batting practice pitch on 3-0. It’s almost like Cobb has money on the twins.

Stop hitting into double plays. 4 in 6 innings is way too many. Give me the strikeouts back if it means less double plays, kidding.

Top Bottom