All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Dang, Billy Bean died today at 60 from leukemia. I met him once, he was as awkward as he's portrayed in Moneyball. He was nice though, took the time to chat for a bit.

Different Billy Bean than the Moneyball guy.

Dang, Billy Bean died today at 60 from leukemia. I met him once, he was as awkward as he's portrayed in Moneyball. He was nice though, took the time to chat for a bit.

Moneyball was actually Billy Beane, not Bean.

D Backs and the Guards got rained out today and have a makeup double dip tomorrow 🎁🎉🥳🎊🍾🍻

Kepler loafing on backing up Martin on Swanson’s triple and thst was disappointing.

The Dobber is still the Dobber. And that's not a good thing!

An e can save a life.

Go Gophers!!
I saw it right at the end of work and didn’t even read past the headline.

D'oh!” | Jason and the Veganauts
D'oh!” | Jason and the Veganauts

well, the Guardians have to play a double-header today vs Arizona. day off Thursday, then another double-header against the Twins on Friday.

that's going to have an impact on their pitching staff - especially the bullpen. Twins need to take advantage.

Tony Oliva had his ninth-straight multi-hit game on this date in 1971, raising his season average to .374.

He went 20-for-37 (.541) with eight extra-base hits over the streak, dating back to July 30.

pitching probables for Guardians series:

Friday DH:
Bailey Ober (11-5, 3.69 ERA) & Louie Varland (0-4, 6.58 ERA majors/4-8. 4.91 ERA minors)
vs Alex Cobb (1-1, 3.52 ERA in minors) and TBA

Sat: SWR (3-2, 3.87 ERA) vs Gavin Williams (1-4, 4.91 ERA)

Sund: Festa (2-2, 5.55 ERA) vs TBA (possibly Tanner Bibee 9-4, 3.48 ERA)

and as a long-time radio employee, I hate to say this, but AM radio is seen as a dying medium - much like cable TV. some car makers don't even put AM radio in their new models.
It sure appears that it's just a matter of time until the "AM for every vehicle act" gets passed. It has a lot of support, but has yet to get passed into legislation. Ford was one that quietly stopped providing AM, but then capitulated under pressure and added it back in.

https://radioink.com/2024/05/02/am-for-every-vehicle-act-gains-us-senate-supermajority/

I wonder what the hardest stationary object Teddy has ever run in?

There’s 14 games in a row starting Friday Ted, I’m much more worried about him playing in a majority of them, especially against the next seven against our division playoff foes.

There’s a reason they’re called baseball managers instead of coaches; they have to make decisions which both affect the short-term (tactical) and long-term (strategic).

Duran pitching the 8th and Jax the 9th the other day is a perfect example (from our friend Dan Hayes). FWIW - I couldn’t figure it out fo the life of me -

Baldelli used Jhoan Duran in the eighth inning in Monday’s win in order to ensure he’d pitch in the game. Duran warmed up in the bullpen Friday and Sunday but didn’t appear in either game because the Twins scored late in both and pulled away from the Chicago White Sox. With Griffin Jax already pitching in two of the previous three games, Baldelli opted to use Duran in the eighth inning of a two-run game to make sure he pitched. Jax then pitched the ninth, converting his eighth save of the season. …

Aug. 7: OF Byron Buxton (lower back) out of starting lineup for third straight game

Buxton remained out of the Twins’ starting lineup for a third straight game on Wednesday, for Minnesota’s series finale against the Cubs. Manager Rocco Baldelli noted on Tuesday that the center fielder is dealing with some lower back tightness, and he suggested that Buxton should be able to return after Thursday’s off-day.
“If by chance he's even not ready to go [Wednesday], I have no doubt he'll be out there on Friday,” Baldelli said on Tuesday of the Twins' doubleheader against the division-leading Guardians in Minnesota.
Monday was a scheduled day off for the center fielder, according to Baldelli, who noted pregame Monday that it was planned even before Buxton’s collision with the right-center-field wall in the sixth inning of Sunday’s 13-7 win over the White Sox.

This will be his last year with the twins, won’t it?
Gee, I think it has to be. I can’t imagine what his next deal will be, 3/45, 15 a year. He’s only 31, so I can see something along those lines.

Wallner can take his spot and with his cannon, I’d like to see him as the primary RF. Thst leaves Martin, Larnach and Castro to cover third and spell Buck, until, hopefully, the Emmanuel Rodriguez era commences.

We need Correa back so Martin isn't playing so much (or is sent down). He's an ok bench guy but shouldn't be playing every day. That was a big mistake yesterday in the field and he does little at the plate.

Top Bottom