All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I just don’t get it. What does he think he is accomplishing by taking pitches the entire time?

My guess FWIW -

It’s been his approach forever and he’s still learning to not be uber selective; triple A hurlers can’t hit those spots consistently, so he could “get away with it”, while they can in the Bigs.

With Luke on his heels, he better figure it out soon or he’ll miss his 🪟 here

One of my best Oliva memories is from late in his career. his knees were shot and he could only DH. but in this game, which I attended at Met Stadium, Oliva came up 4 times and hit four shots into the gap, then limped down to 1B with four singles. the guy had no knees, his legs were shot, but his swing was still great.

as I've said before, if Oliva played his entire career healthy, he would be considered among the game's all-time great hitters. as Reusse points out, in 1971 when Oliva hurt his knee in Oakland, he was hitting .375 and running away with the AL batting race. he missed 30 games, then came back and limped through the rest of the season, finishing with a .337 batting average, still good enough to win the AL title.

Good to see Lee at SS and Willi at third.

I think Willi’s been getting exposed at SS by more games/chances.

Festa in after three batters faced by Okert 🤷‍♂️.

Brohm and Marsh go down looking and shaking their furry manes, on two excellent pitches in the first, stranding runners at 2 & 3.

Festa looks more confident today, than his prior two starts.

Last edited:

I believe in Olivia’s last season in 1976, Gene Mauch would have Tony lead off and, if he got a hit in the first inning, immediately pinch run for him.

The deadline is only a week away so they'd probably only need 2 starts max. I'd rather one of the young guys get those 2 starts.
Technically I wasn’t wrong, as Festa didn’t start today 🥳. You should see me golf🤣 - winter rules year round😃.

Festa looked very good today (like A Top 100 prospect) and deserves another start.

Look For Buxton to land on IL in a week or so. yes he stay in the game. But look for him to get remove soon.

The Twins lead the league in getting hit by pitches. They were near the top last year. The year before they were below average.

Does it have to do with where they are lining up in the box? Most players are right on top of the plate now days so that is hardly anything unique to the Twins.

I'd be happy to stand at the plate and watch strike 3. I'll even do it for the league minimum.

I'll take 2 out of 3 from the Phillies any time, especially with all the players outs.

Hoping Buxton is just sore for a few days and the x-rays are negative. He's been playing so well.

Really nice W.

Good thing the old tight fitting double knits are a thing of the past and Larnach wears his jersey loose to ignite the game winning rally.

Feels like we just saw 5 playoff games. Going 2-3 obviously not great but with so many key guys out that's not a bad showing overall.

This doesn't include today's game but after a horrible start to the season, the offense is now ranked (in MLB):

- 6th in runs scored a game
- 9th in BA
- 1st in doubles
- 8th in HR
- 7th in OBS
- 5th in SLG
- 6th in OPS
- 22nd in strikeouts

Feels like we just saw 5 playoff games. Going 2-3 obviously not great but with so many key guys out that's not a bad showing overall.
The Twins have one of the easiest schedules in the 2nd half, while Cleveland has one of the hardest. 13 of Cleveland's next 26 come against the Phillies, Orioles, Yankees and Brewers. It's time for the Twins to make their move.

With a full/longer lineup (not missing three of our regular sticks), we win 3+ out of those 5. We’re better than many have imagined.

FanGraphs gave us a
49% chance to win the central vs. the Guards @46% @the AS break.

Almost 34K for a Wednesday afternoon game - if you build it, they will come😃

I’m looking for 3 out of 4 against the 🐅

ALCS here we come 🥳💪

Last edited:

Top Bottom