All Things 2024-25 Vikings Regular Season Thread

Saleh ran their defense which is their team strength. Their OC has somehow managed to relegate two (2) extremely talented RBs in Hall and Allen into non-existence.

I wonder if someone can enlighten me as to why the OC still has his job? 😉

Do we know that Saleh was running the defense though? Just because that's his background, doesn't mean he was calling the shots. Ulbrich was a DC in Atlanta before and was the DC under Saleh, it could very well be that he was running the Jets defense.

Either way, hard to imagine a scenario where Ulbrich doesn't command a lot more respect in that locker room than Saleh. Saleh just put his foot in his mouth too many times, threw too many people under the bus, and failed to lead the team with any confidence at all.

Saleh ran their defense which is their team strength. Their OC has somehow managed to relegate two (2) extremely talented RBs in Hall and Allen into non-existence.

I wonder if someone can enlighten me as to why the OC still has his job? 😉
My guess is Rodgers is telling them to keep him since he’s so pass happy. The hell with those 2 good running backs

Through the first 5 weeks, it's pretty clear that the NFC North is one of, if not the best division in the NFL. Assuming the Vikings win the North, I would not be surprised to see the Lions and Packers take 2/3 NFC wild card slots.

My guess is Rodgers is telling them to keep him since he’s so pass happy. The hell with those 2 good running backs
I wonder if Rodgers is now pissed that Ulrich was elevated to HC instead of Hackett?

Garrett Wilson had 101 yards on 22 targets with no drops. That's less than 5 yards per pass attempt. I'd say the bigger problem is Rodgers. He'll whine loud enough that Adams will probably join him in the next 24-48 hours.

Through the first 5 weeks, it's pretty clear that the NFC North is one of, if not the best division in the NFL. Assuming the Vikings win the North, I would not be surprised to see the Lions and Packers take 2/3 NFC wild card slots.
Records by Division:

AFC
East 8 - 12
North 8 - 12
South 8 - 11
West 12 - 7

NFC
East 11 - 8
South 9 - 11
West 8 - 12
North 14 - 5

I wonder if Rodgers is now pissed that Ulrich was elevated to HC instead of Hackett?

Garrett Wilson had 101 yards on 22 targets with no drops. That's less than 5 yards per pass attempt. I'd say the bigger problem is Rodgers. He'll whine loud enough that Adams will probably join him in the next 24-48 hours.
He’s done after this year, so they’ll play out the string with him.

Last edited:

Man, I'm just hoping somebody takes Adams off the Raiders hands. They're dreaming if they think they can get a 2nd round pick for him. I think the Raiders should be asking for a functional starting caliber player instead of draft capital.

Whatever. I just hope Adams is off the Raiders roster soon.

Man, I'm just hoping somebody takes Adams off the Raiders hands. They're dreaming if they think they can get a 2nd round pick for him. I think the Raiders should be asking for a functional starting caliber player instead of draft capital.

Whatever. I just hope Adams is off the Raiders roster soon.
From what you're hearing out in Vegas, is the hammy injury legit or fabricated until a trade is made? Fantasy minds want to know...

Hackett was stellar in his stint in Denver. I'm shocked they didn't go with him. :cool:

From what you're hearing out in Vegas, is the hammy injury legit or fabricated until a trade is made? Fantasy minds want to know...

I have absolutely no idea. If he gets moved, people are going to be surprised at what little the Raiders get in return. They have no leverage, and people are forgetting one important thing;

Sure, there is the contract that any team acquiring Adams would have to take on, which is going to be a very limiting factor already. But what people are forgetting is that Adams has wanted a NEW contract since as long ago as February.

How many teams are willing to take on that situation?

While there is a lot to dislike abut the NYJ, I don't get the move.

They were still only 1 game behind the Bills for the Division and at 2-3 still well in the mix for WCs in a 17 game season. They are playing a 40 Year Old QB that had only taken 3 meaningful snapes in the past 20 months coming into the season, the defense still was respectable.

If they had that little faith in Saleh, why didn't they axe him in January?
Rodgers

here's a stat that caught my eye - in an article in The Athletic.

talking about the Vikings' offensive line - and one player in particular:

For the most part, the offensive line gave Darnold enough time to do his job in the first four weeks — with one exception: Ingram.

Sixty-six NFL guards have played 150 snaps this season, and only one of them has been dinged for more pressures than Ingram, a third-year veteran out of LSU.
One potential fix may be Dalton Risner, who injured his back during training camp and was placed on injured reserve. Risner flew to London with the team but did not participate in Friday’s practice. The bye week could give him time to mix in at right guard.

here's a stat that caught my eye - in an article in The Athletic.

talking about the Vikings' offensive line - and one player in particular:

For the most part, the offensive line gave Darnold enough time to do his job in the first four weeks — with one exception: Ingram.

Sixty-six NFL guards have played 150 snaps this season, and only one of them has been dinged for more pressures than Ingram, a third-year veteran out of LSU.
One potential fix may be Dalton Risner, who injured his back during training camp and was placed on injured reserve. Risner flew to London with the team but did not participate in Friday’s practice. The bye week could give him time to mix in at right guard.
KC chose to extend C Creed Humphrey instead of OG Tre Smith and both are considered Top 5 at their positions.

Smith should be our #1 priority in FA next year but it might be a real struggle to justify a big contract for an OG with what we have to pay our deserving OTs.

KC chose to extend C Creed Humphrey instead of OG Tre Smith and both are considered Top 5 at their positions.

Smith should be our #1 priority in FA next year but it might be a real struggle to justify a big contract for an OG with what we have to pay our deserving OTs.

Kwesi and company have done an exceptional job of setting this team up for success moving forward. I had to check quick and it looks like the Vikings have the 7th or 8th most cap space available in 2025. That's a lot of money to spend to be a big player in FA next spring to fill some holes.

Players I would expect/hope to emerge in 2025, take big steps forward:

- Dallas Turner should be much more of an impact player in Year 2
- CB McGlothern, made the Active Roster and should benefit from this redshirt year
- CB Blackmon returning from injury
- UDFA Edge Gabe Murphy

What happens with the development of OL prospects Jurgens (C) and Walter Rouse (OT), who both at least impressed enough to make the Active Roster?

For a year where they don't have a lot of draft picks, the Vikings won't be short on young impact players in the system hoping to make their mark next year.

I'm starting to think Caleb Williams is going to be a real pain in the ass for years to come.

I'm starting to think Caleb Williams is going to be a real pain in the ass for years to come.
There's a reason he was the 1st pick. The NFL media doesn't think a rookie can play if he isn't good after 2 games. Ignore them, and you'll be much smarter than them.

He’ll be good for sure but the Bears are also taking advantage of a very weak schedule so far.

Their last 8 games of the season are Vikings, Packers and Lions x2 each, and SF and Seattle.

He’ll be good for sure but the Bears are also taking advantage of a very weak schedule so far.

Their last 8 games of the season are Vikings, Packers and Lions x2 each, and SF and Seattle.

I don't know that the Bears will be favored in any of their remaining games as it stands today; definitely not prohibitive favorites in any games that's for sure. The Vikings got through the meat grinder portion of their schedule.

Top Bottom