All Things 2024-25 Vikings Regular Season Thread

They picked on him all day. He did get a pick and force a fumble.

You are overreacting.
12 tackles, 2 PDs, Int & forced fumble (while they played a prevent D most of the second half) = overreacting🤣🤣🤣🤣
Balderdash.

Did you tackle some skid marks/laundry this weekend🥸?🥳
You don't have to come running every single time. LMAO
Not my bad, as you’re -

Based on one of my mental health professional’s advice, obviously I have several🥳, I have decided to face my KG/Teeny 🎟️ addition straight on and bail henceforth from the tantalizing takes, which emanate from your impeccable imagination (as I simply can’t Quit You on my own volition). Pray for me brother, lest I end up like the Gent in this classic jam.

Where's Leroy Hoard when you need him?
forget Hoard, I dunno why they can't have a tush push play to try, don't have to use it every game but maybe practice it once each week? the Eagles don't have to be the only team to have that ability

forget Hoard, I dunno why they can't have a tush push play to try, don't have to use it every game but maybe practice it once each week? the Eagles don't have to be the only team to have that ability
I haven't watched any Eagles games yet this season. Is it working as well without Kelce under center?

I don't think it would be automatic with Bradbury.

I haven't watched any Eagles games yet this season. Is it working as well without Kelce under center?

I don't think it would be automatic with Bradbury.
from an ESPN article dated 9/16 - "The Eagles have a success rate of 86% (61 of 71) since they started running it in 2022 -- well above the league average of 76%."

"If you need 1 yard, he'll get you 2. If you need 3 yards, he'll get you 2."
I think his quote was:

"if you need 3 yards, I can get you 3 yards.....if you need 5 yards, I can get you 3 yards.

That was a great line.

from an ESPN article dated 9/16 - "The Eagles have a success rate of 86% (61 of 71) since they started running it in 2022 -- well above the league average of 76%."
Yes, but that was with Jason Kelce as the Center, which seemed integral to the success. "How is going this year" is what I am questioning, now that he is with ESPN.

Why not have one of the tight ends practice taking snaps behind center and tush push with one of them.

The interior of the OL continues to be a problem.

Broncos had 5 sacks yesterday against the

J
E
T
S

The D will be feasting in London Town on Sunday 😃

They’ll miss the playoffs this year = Yippee

After weeks of excuses, disbelief in Sam Darnold, and talk of "luck," the Vikings going to Lambeau Field and coming home with a 31-29 win over the Green Bay Packers is getting more people to take notice of Kevin O'Connell's team.

"Vikings are an absolute WAGON right now," said legendary Houston Texans defensive end JJ Watt on X, as the Vikings ran out to a 28-0 lead in the first half.

"Based purely on the football they’ve played in 2024, the Vikings are the league’s best team. 1 of 32," said Good Morning Football's Kyle Brandt.

Jayden Daniels has completed 82% of his passes in the first four games - best ever, by any QB over four games.

he may well end up being the best player in that draft - looking like Stroud 2.0.

Last edited:

So the team's not supposed to look ahead but that doesn't mean that we can't look ahead at the quarter point of the season.

Taking a look at the Vikings schedule, they have a REMARKABLY favorable schedule the rest of the way. Honestly, the most difficult games left would likely be the two games against Detroit, maybe at Seattle, and home against the Packers late in the season.

It sounds ridiculous to think about but 11-12 wins or more certainly isn't out of the question, barring any major injuries.

Who would have thought that a month ago?

So the team's not supposed to look ahead but that doesn't mean that we can't look ahead at the quarter point of the season.

Taking a look at the Vikings schedule, they have a REMARKABLY favorable schedule the rest of the way. Honestly, the most difficult games left would likely be the two games against Detroit, maybe at Seattle, and home against the Packers late in the season.

It sounds ridiculous to think about but 11-12 wins or more certainly isn't out of the question, barring any major injuries.

Great potential for a successful season. Wouldn't look past Rodgers this week in London, though. He would love to knock Vikes off.

Have you spent your Darnold cash yet?

Have you spent your Darnold cash yet?

You mean the Comeback POY bet? I would, but I'm still a tiny bit worried about the AP putting that word out last summer that it should be for players returning from injury. That could screw me over big time. Right now, I would think he would be the runaway winner of the award.

Not a big bet, $5 at something like 30-1, but hey, $150 is $150!

You mean the Comeback POY bet? I would, but I'm still a tiny bit worried about the AP putting that word out last summer that it should be for players returning from injury. That could screw me over big time. Right now, I would think he would be the runaway winner of the award.

Not a big bet, $5 at something like 30-1, but hey, $150 is $150!

Hope that’s not the case; I don’t think it should be injury dependent.

Didn’t you also take the over on Darnold’s total passing yards for the season?

Hope that’s not the case; I don’t think it should be injury dependent.

Didn’t you also take the over on Darnold’s total passing yards for the season?

No, I had two bets on the Under for JJ McCarthy's passing yards and because of the injury, the fuckers just canceled the bet and gave me my money back. I thought that was bullshit, but whatever.

Then they should change the award and make it much more specific.

Do you believe Rose should be in the HOF?
Tr
I think they are making it more specific with the injury clarification.

Derrick Rose is an interesting case, very accomplished at Memphis (college counts for basketball) however that run to the Final 4 was vacated. An NBA MVP at an early age in a career that lasted for a decade and a half.

Sure, put him in. Currently, all eligible MVP winners have been enshrined in Springfield, MA.

Derrick Rose is an interesting case, very accomplished at Memphis (college counts for basketball) however that run to the Final 4 was vacated. An NBA MVP at an early age in a career that lasted for a decade and a half.

Sure, put him in. Currently, all eligible MVP winners have been enshrined in Springfield, MA.

We’re the opposite; I believe that comeback POY should be open to anyone and I’m a semi-cantankerous semi-middle aged man in saying that he should have to wait ten before he gets in; Petty yes, and my first name ain’t Tom.

Together we may get it right 🤠

The weird thing is, I guess there is kinda two different CPOY award groups, and this thing with stipulating the injury recovery criteria was solely for the AP award for Comeback Player of the Year. I don't even know who else gives that out? I"m too lazy to do a search on it.

From what I gathered (I think I mentioned this before), some of those morons were a little bent that Hamlin didn't win the award last year so hence, the change in direction given this year to voters, or something like that. Some people just have to work really hard to find things to bother themselves about.

PFF out with their grades for the Packers game. Besmirched Byron Murphy with second highest defensive rating for the game: probably why he got a game 🏈

LB Kamu Grugier-Hill 83.8

CB Byron Murphy Jr. 74.1

DL Jonathan Bullard 70.5

CB Stephon Gilmore 68

SAF Joshua Metellus 66.6

Last edited:

The weird thing is, I guess there is kinda two different CPOY award groups, and this thing with stipulating the injury recovery criteria was solely for the AP award for Comeback Player of the Year. I don't even know who else gives that out? I"m too lazy to do a search on it.

From what I gathered (I think I mentioned this before), some of those morons were a little bent that Hamlin didn't win the award last year so hence, the change in direction given this year to voters, or something like that. Some people just have to work really hard to find things to bother themselves about.
To be "Comeback" POY of the year, wouldn't that imply that the player would have had to establish some competency beforehand to begin with? Darnold was lousy with the NYJ & Carolina, and merely a backup for SF.

What exactly is he "coming back" from?

Top Bottom