All Things 2024-25 Vikings Regular Season Thread

4-0, but that was some horrific defense in the second half.

It makes me wonder going forward

4-0, but that was some horrific defense in the second half.

It makes me wonder going forward
Went to the cover two prevent too soon and the offense didn’t give the D any breaks with sustained drives until the end of the 4Q.

They’ll be fine😃

Last edited:

It’s all about playing the percentages. They converted too, it was just a terrible spot.
It was absolutely the correct decision to go for it on 4th and try to end it. Whether it's 9 or 12 pts, still a 2 score game and it was going to be determined by the onsides kick, which they recovered.

It worked.

Having said that, the Vikes really had to work hard get escape with a 2 pt win.

Counts the same though in the standings.

We're a disaster on both sides of the ball when we get conservative. Hopefully we learned a lesson moving forward to stick with what's working no matter the score.

It's a great win regardless and I won't give it another negative thought. Go Vikes!

We're a disaster on both sides of the ball when we get conservative. Hopefully we learned a lesson moving forward to stick with what's working no matter the score.

It's a great win regardless and I won't give it another negative thought. Go Vikes!
To me the 3 turnovers were the much bigger factor.

2 were on pass attempts and they also turned it over on downs try to salt it on 4th and inches. That doesn't really indicate to me that they were "conservative".

On defense maybe. On offense O'Connell was too aggressive if anything. If they just keep running the ball when they had it inside the Packer 20 in the 3rd quarter it either ends up 31-7 or 35-7 and the Packers might have pulled Love by the 4th quarter. Instead we go for a TD on 2nd and 1 and throw a pick (should have been overturned but nevertheless). Then the strip sack on the next possession.

Went to the cover two prevent too soon and the offense didn’t give the D any breaks with sustained drives until the end of the 4Q.

They’ll be fine😃
I'm not sure.

Love had 4 TDS, almost 400 yards, and there were receivers open the entire first half. Love was off getting back into the flow.

Someone for them dropped a walk in touchdown before the kicker missed the first one.

Another packer receiver dropped one in his chest for a td. he was sort of covered and got hit, but the ball went right through his hands.

If we don't get great pressure, we have massive problems in the back end.

Murphy Jr. was brutal today.

I'm hoping it was just one game, but dang, guys were in the clear.

If you watch these hi-lites, it's hard to believe we only put up 3 points in the second half. We were in their end a lot.

I'm not sure.
Time will tell.
Love had 4 TDS, almost 400 yards, and there were receivers open the entire first half. Love was off getting back into the flow.

Someone for them dropped a walk in touchdown before the kicker missed the first one.

Another packer receiver dropped one in his chest for a td. he was sort of covered and got hit, but the ball went right through his hands.

If we don't get great pressure, we have massive problems in the back end.
That’s part is the scheme we play and can be said pretty much about most defenses.
Murphy Jr. was brutal today.
Had 12 tackles, 2 PD, INT and forced a fumble
I'm hoping it was just one game, but dang, guys were in the clear.

^^^^^^ his 12 tackles were after the catch.....gave up something like 145 yards
Are you 100% sure all 12 of this tackles were on his receivers/assignments?
It’s unusual, BTW, to tackle a receiver before the catch.

Nice non-comment about his takeaways😉

Are you 100% sure all 12 of this tackles were on his receivers/assignments?
It’s unusual, BTW, to tackle a receiver before the catch.

Nice non-comment about his takeaways😉
the pick was a lob pass by love that stocker might have picked.

We shall see going forward.

It was absolutely the correct decision to go for it on 4th and try to end it. Whether it's 9 or 12 pts, still a 2 score game and it was going to be determined by the onsides kick, which they recovered.

It worked.

Having said that, the Vikes really had to work hard get escape with a 2 pt win.

Counts the same though in the standings.
It was definitely an option, but I disagree exactly because it was coming down to an onside kick either way. NFL kickers make 55-60+ field goals regularly right now. Someone is making a 70 yarder soon. So if you give up the first touchdown as we did with ease, and then they get the onside kick the game is almost over because the chances of them getting a field goal are quite high. But the chances of you keeping them out of the end zone with very little time left and at least a half a field to go are definitely in your favor.

No matter the decision you should win either way. We did. Barely.

It was definitely an option, but I disagree exactly because it was coming down to an onside kick either way. NFL kickers make 55-60+ field goals regularly right now. Someone is making a 70 yarder soon. So if you give up the first touchdown as we did with ease, and then they get the onside kick the game is almost over because the chances of them getting a field goal are quite high. But the chances of you keeping them out of the end zone with very little time left and at least a half a field to go are definitely in your favor.

No matter the decision you should win either way. We did. Barely.
The way that they were scoring TDs, GB had plenty of time to get another one.

Converting the first down would have put them in victory formation. Missing forced them to go 95 yd instead of 70 (assuming a touch back) and didn't risk a block or miss.

Well worth the risk/reward. Absolutely think it was the right call and they should have made the yard to gain.

How many 3rd and 1 did we not get today.

Was it 4? 3 for sure!

the pick was a lob pass by love that stocker might have picked.

We shall see going forward.
Nice non-pass deflection. Git it?

So you were internet truth telling on the 12 tackle analysis- go on Twitter, you can be an expert and meet Elon😃.

This is some unexpected joy, so ride the River of happiness grasshopper, don’t fight it so hard. They won’t win them all.

Nice non-pass deflection. Git it?

So you were internet truth telling on the 12 tackle analysis- go on Twitter, you can be an expert and meet Elon😃.

This is some unexpected joy, so ride the River of happiness grasshopper, don’t fight it so hard. They won’t win them all.
They picked on him all day. He did get a pick and force a fumble.

You are overreacting.

You don't have to come running every single time. LMAO

Top Bottom