All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Why the F wouldn’t you put Kene on IR to make the room?? Dude hasn’t practiced the entire fall camp.

That’s why you signed this new guy, isn’t it??

Nope, keep the injured guy on the active roster and cut a guy who can help on special teams and can catch passes. Makes sense!

Why the F wouldn’t you put Kene on IR to make the room?? Dude hasn’t practiced the entire fall camp.

That’s why you signed this new guy, isn’t it??

Nope, keep the injured guy on the active roster and cut a guy who can help on special teams and can catch passes. Makes sense!
Reagor has been terrible. Other than wasting money on the money they still owe him, IMO this is a net positive. He drops passes, runs incorrect routes, and doesn't seem to have a great attitude. Good riddance.

Excellent article on our old friend Tom Moore and how his coaching style (it was 2 funny not to share) -

Moore skipped his own brother’s funeral so he wouldn’t miss a practice. Until his neck injury in 2011, Manning didn’t miss many, either. Once, while ESPN’s Jon Gruden and Ron Jaworski were watching practice before a “Monday Night Football” game, Gruden asked Moore why Manning’s backups never got a single rep.

“Fellas, if 18 goes down, we’re f—ed,” Moore told them. “And we don’t practice f—ed.”

Gruden told Manning about the comment later.

“You can probably debate it in different ways,” Manning says now. “When I got injured in 2011, it sort of showed itself (the Colts went 2-14), but that’s just how we practiced in Indy. We had guys who just didn’t come out — ever. That was how Marvin practiced. I remember when Reggie (Wayne) got there, he was like, ‘Oh, this is how it is?’ So he never came out, either. And if they were in there, I was gonna be in there.”

If it was that simple with Reagor, they would’ve cut him after last season. Not brought him into fall camp. I don’t believe it.

But hey, we’ve got a guy who lied about having a dog emergency to try to get out of a ticket for driving more over then limit than the limit itself.

Excellent article on our old friend Tom Moore and how his coaching style (it was 2 funny not to share) -

Moore skipped his own brother’s funeral so he wouldn’t miss a practice. Until his neck injury in 2011, Manning didn’t miss many, either. Once, while ESPN’s Jon Gruden and Ron Jaworski were watching practice before a “Monday Night Football” game, Gruden asked Moore why Manning’s backups never got a single rep.

“Fellas, if 18 goes down, we’re f—ed,” Moore told them. “And we don’t practice f—ed.”

Gruden told Manning about the comment later.

“You can probably debate it in different ways,” Manning says now. “When I got injured in 2011, it sort of showed itself (the Colts went 2-14), but that’s just how we practiced in Indy. We had guys who just didn’t come out — ever. That was how Marvin practiced. I remember when Reggie (Wayne) got there, he was like, ‘Oh, this is how it is?’ So he never came out, either. And if they were in there, I was gonna be in there.”
If you skip your brothers funeral to go to football practice........you're a POS

Last edited:

If it was that simple with Reagor, they would’ve cut him after last season. Not brought him into fall camp. I don’t believe it.

But hey, we’ve got a guy who lied about having a dog emergency to try to get out of a ticket for driving more over then limit than the limit itself.
There was zero downside to brining him into camp. His money in 2023 was guaranteed as part of his rookie contact, so they were going to have to pay him regardless. May as well keep him around and see if he decided this offseason to not be a bum and put a bunch of work in to suck less.

There was zero downside to brining him into camp. His money in 2023 was guaranteed as part of his rookie contact, so they were going to have to pay him regardless. May as well keep him around and see if he decided this offseason to not be a bum and put a bunch of work in to suck less.
Additionally, if one of the others who beat him out, Nailor or Powell didn’t perform well or got injured, then you have him.

♟️ not checkers.

How can you announce a big contract for Hock before you announce the record breaking deal for JJ?

Where is all this money coming from? How did they find the money to pay crybaby Danielle, for that matter?

Weren't we struggling to scrounge up enough money to sign draft picks like a couple months ago?

The NFL salary cap just seems so fake.

OK, Reagor kicked your dog!

Who is getting cut to make room for the new OL? Can we finally cut Udoh?

Good deal.

He's just about as productive as guys like Diontae Johnson and Christian Kirk, and we paid Hockenson less than them. Plus, Hockenson is an elite run blocker. Much better than those WRs.

Morevoer, the contract will expire before Addison needs to be paid.

This seems like a no-brainer win.

I bet his "ear infection" and "sore back" suddenly clear up!

KJ needs to be paid too.

I won't be surprised if KJ has more targets than Hock, but both are excellent #2 options if JJ is double-teamed.

Rudolph retires. He won't make Vikings HOF. Only Vikings who at this point are locks to make it someday imo are Adrian Peterson, Harrison Smith, and Justin Jefferson.

I had chance to be next to ruuudoff one time - I’d like to know if he was the biggest te to play the game

Last edited:

The Vikings will have to hit on a QB in next years draft. Good thing there will be a lot of options.

This Tampa Bay game is must win.

They go to Philadelphia four days later for Thursday Night Football.

They'd be staring at 0-2 with a loss to Tampa.

Rudolph retires. He won't make Vikings HOF. Only Vikings who at this point are locks to make it someday imo are Adrian Peterson, Harrison Smith, and Justin Jefferson.

Rudolph is the Vikings' #6 all-time leading receiver with 453 catches. He is also #6 all-time in TD's with 48. In yardage, Rudolph is 11th with 4,488.

as a TE, he is 2nd to Steve Jordan in catches and yards, but leads Jordan in TD's.

Jordan is in the Vikings' Ring of Honor. I think you could make a case for Rudolph.

Rudolph is the Vikings' #6 all-time leading receiver with 453 catches. He is also #6 all-time in TD's with 48. In yardage, Rudolph is 11th with 4,488.

as a TE, he is 2nd to Steve Jordan in catches and yards, but leads Jordan in TD's.

Jordan is in the Vikings' Ring of Honor. I think you could make a case for Rudolph.

Personally I don't see it but as you said a case could be made. Greenway is one I definitely don't think is deserving but wonder if he will get in.

Personally I don't see it but as you said a case could be made. Greenway is one I definitely don't think is deserving but wonder if he will get in.
Hmm, I don't see it either--very different eras that Jordan and Rudolph played in, with Rudolph serving more as a check-down option and goal line target than Jordan, who pretty regularly averaged between 13 to 15 yards per catch with Rudolph only averaged over 11 ypc once in his career. During Jordan's best season (statistically), the Viking QB's were completing 56% of their passes; for Rudolph, that mark was at 70% (and it should be noted, Rudolph's best season was a huge outlier to his other seasons). Finally, Jordan was named to 5 Pro-Bowls over 10 seasons as the starting TE versus Rudolph's 2 PB's over 10 years.

It is interesting to see the contemporaries of the position for each during their peak seasons--for Jordan, it was the likes of Mark Bavaro, Keith Jackson, Rodney Holman, Jay Novacek; for Rudolph, it was the likes of Gronkowski, Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten, Travis Kelce. In the context of his peers and how the passing game utilized the TE, it seems like Jordan was near the top of the league during his time period and I don't think the same could be said about Rudolph.

Nice solid player who represented the Purple well, but would seem to fall short of the RoH in my opinion.

Hmm, I don't see it either--very different eras that Jordan and Rudolph played in, with Rudolph serving more as a check-down option and goal line target than Jordan, who pretty regularly averaged between 13 to 15 yards per catch with Rudolph only averaged over 11 ypc once in his career. During Jordan's best season (statistically), the Viking QB's were completing 56% of their passes; for Rudolph, that mark was at 70% (and it should be noted, Rudolph's best season was a huge outlier to his other seasons). Finally, Jordan was named to 5 Pro-Bowls over 10 seasons as the starting TE versus Rudolph's 2 PB's over 10 years.

It is interesting to see the contemporaries of the position for each during their peak seasons--for Jordan, it was the likes of Mark Bavaro, Keith Jackson, Rodney Holman, Jay Novacek; for Rudolph, it was the likes of Gronkowski, Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten, Travis Kelce. In the context of his peers and how the passing game utilized the TE, it seems like Jordan was near the top of the league during his time period and I don't think the same could be said about Rudolph.

Nice solid player who represented the Purple well, but would seem to fall short of the RoH in my opinion.

Nice summary. Confirms my eye test 🙂

Lions are for real.
Their offensive line and defensive line are so much better than the Vikings.

The Lions at home are going to have the crowd going bananas.

But man, the chiefs dropped so many passes tonight. I'm sick of the Chiefs, though. Could we get one more shot of Kelce, please?

Top Bottom