All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

How much do the Vikings have to pay Kirk next year. They obviously have no QB on their roster now and Jefferson ain’t gonna sign to play with some terrible QB. To me you gotta sign Kirk to have a chance to sign Jefferson.

How much do the Vikings have to pay Kirk next year. They obviously have no QB on their roster now and Jefferson ain’t gonna sign to play with some terrible QB. To me you gotta sign Kirk to have a chance to sign Jefferson.
Kirk seemingly has the leverage now and will he only take a multi-year deal?

Anyone else notice that it was a backwards pass on the pass to Gibbs? And then that’s called illegal contact?

35 with a torn Achilles. One year deal or see you later.
The point I & Lot were making, is that it has to appease JJ in order to get him to sign on the line that is dotted, for a long-term deal.

Does Kirk for only one year do it and will he only sign a one year deal? I think his agent is smarter than us😉.

There’s lots of moving parts =♟️

I can't believe the game was that close. We were absolutely brutalized on both lines today.

They will either sign Kirk to something like a 3 year deal, or they will draft a first round qb.

This loss was not so bad. They moved from pick 21 to pick 14 with this loss. Of course, we'll f--- that up for sure!

The point I & Lot were making, is that it has to appease JJ in order to get him to sign on the line that is dotted, for a long-term deal.

Does Kirk for only one year do it and will he only sign a one year deal? I think his agent is smarter than us😉.

There’s lots of moving parts =♟️
Does Jefferson want them to keep Kirk at the expense of Hunter? I don't care how many years are on the contact if they can get out of it after a year. But if he's still Mr Guaranteed Contract than it's one year or look elsewhere.

Get pick 9 then either trade down for a QB, or draft a great pass rusher.

I mean if I’m Jefferson I’m not signing a long term contract not knowing who’s gonna be throwing me the ball.
That’s what I’m communicating.

Furthermore, he may not be comfortable with it only being for only a year; it’s likely he wants to end up in the HOF and play in a SB, ergo, it’s more than the $$. So it’s much more complicated IMO than telling Cousins sign for a year or walk- this is like strategically settling up a business plan for a company.

Does Jefferson want them to keep Kirk at the expense of Hunter? I don't care how many years are on the contact if they can get out of it after a year. But if he's still Mr Guaranteed Contract than it's one year or look elsewhere.
Most complex issues aren’t readily solved with a simplistic binary approach, in my experience; maybe your experience differs.

Most complex issues aren’t readily solved with a simplistic binary approach, in my experience; maybe your experience differs.
This isn't complex. Will I give a 35 year old QB coming off a blown achilles a multi year guaranteed contact? No. Absolutely not.

Jefferson had 7 catches for 84 yards last week

This week was a monster game.

He's getting his numbers and will get his money.

Also, the franchise tag can be used.

This isn't complex. Will I give a 35 year old QB coming off a blown achilles a multi year guaranteed contact? No. Absolutely not.
That’s your opinion, which I disagree with (my opinion on a discussion board, yippee)- your take doesn’t mean it automatically coalesces with what JJ is looking for when he signs, it could or it couldn’t - that’s the point. No one on here knows either, including me or you, bro.

Happy Hollidays 😃.

Upper management needs a lot of the blame, due to the poor backup QB situation we have.
I bet we could have gotten Baker Mayfield for next to nothing, a year or two ago. Baker is much better than anyone we have playing QB now.

35 with a torn Achilles. One year deal or see you later.

I may be in the minority but I think the Achilles thing is overblown a little bit, especially in 2023-2024. I would buy that concern a lot more if Cousins was a QB that relied HEAVILY on mobility and escapability, but that's not his game. He stands in the pocket, moves in the pocket, delivers the football; occasionally he scampers for a few yards.

I torn mine a few years later in life than Cousins tore his and 6-7 years AFTER that I started competing in triathlons. It's not a career-ending injury today by any stretch at all.

That's not to say that I know what I want them to do with Cousins, the jury is still out for me on that one. Obviously it depends on the number and the duration. I guess we'll find out soon enough?

The Vikings after going 8-1 in in the 2022 Regular Season at home in the Zygi Dome are now 2-5 this season. 2-6 in 2024 including the Playoff game against the Giants.

Uffda, even with 3 different starting QBs (on home turf).

Top Bottom