All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Since 2021 when Salah took over as the Jets HC, they are one of only two teams, the other being the Panthers, who have thrown more Interceptions than TDs😳

I know a lot of Steelers fans and every one of them is convinced that Canada is the problem with the Steelers offense. He very well could be, but Pickett has some limitations, no doubt about it

I guess we'll find out soon enough.
I've spent a lot of time in Pittsburgh and I really enjoy the city and the people. But a Yinzer has a hard time blaming a fellow Yinzer (or honorary Yinzer). I think Canada is an awful OC but a lot of the blame can be shared with Pickett.

Since 2021 when Salah took over as the Jets HC, they are one of only two teams, the other being the Panthers, who have thrown more Interceptions than TDs😳

Mystifying how Saleh even got the HC job in the first place. He managed to steer a 49ers defense littered with 1st round draft picks to a respectable defense (shocker), and the hype train grabbed him and took him across the finish line, with the "worldwide leader" leading the way.

Like I said previously, the "I plead the fifth" comment the other day in his presser would have been enough for me to shitcan him the next day, given the body of evidence we've seen so far.

Mystifying how Saleh even got the HC job in the first place. He managed to steer a 49ers defense littered with 1st round draft picks to a respectable defense (shocker), and the hype train grabbed him and took him across the finish line, with the "worldwide leader" leading the way.
Brandon Staley says don’t forget about me.

I think everyone wanted the young, rising coordinator, ala McVay. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I think McDaniel will be in the “it works” bucket and for me KOC already qualifies.
Silly of the owners to assume the every coordinator can be a HC, aka the Charlie Weis syndrome.

I have every confidence that the Jets will hire another bad coach after Saleh is fired. Woody is consistent for the most part, aside from sexy Rexy, in the recent past. Woody decided Gase experience wasn’t enough, so he’d try his luck again with Saleh. I’ve been to a couple Jets games and they have an amazing fan base - they deserve better.
Like I said previously, the "I plead the fifth" comment the other day in his presser would have been enough for me to shitcan him the next day, given the body of evidence we've seen so far.

Brandon Staley says don’t forget about me.

I think everyone wanted the young, rising coordinator, ala McVay. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I think McDaniel will be in the “it works” bucket and for me KOC already qualifies.
Silly of the owners to assume the every coordinator can be a HC, aka the Charlie Weis syndrome.

I have every confidence that the Jets will hire another bad coach after Saleh is fired. Woody is consistent for the most part, aside from sexy Rexy, in the recent past. Woody decided Gase experience wasn’t enough, so he’d try his luck again with Saleh. I’ve been to a couple Jets games and they have an amazing fan base - they deserve better.

Staley is even higher on the list; an alleged defensive-minded HC that captains one of the most underachieving defenses in the league. The thing is, if they moved on from Staley, they could give the job to Kellen Moore, who is also someone who has inexplicably ridden some kind of hype train to "hot HC candidate" recently. WTF...

Eberflus in Chicago seems equally clueless, but he's at least somewhat hamstrung by people who think Justin Fields can be a quality starting QB in the NFL.

The Panthers blew it when they didn't hang on to Steve Wilks and hired Reich. I was fully on board with the Cardinals firing Wilks in AZ, he just seemed over his head way too man times. But last year for his interim term in Carolina, he did a fantastic job and had the Panthers playing much better football.

And while we're at it, I still think Zac Taylor is a bumbling idiot in Cincinnati, but a QB like Burrow can mask a whole lot of incompetency.

I'm biased but damn, I think Jonathan Gannon is doing a great job in Arizona. He's got a woefully undermanned Cardinals team playing hard every week. Massive draft coming up for Arizona, could set the table for the franchise for a while; Two first round picks, one should be in the top 5 and the other somewhere in the late teens, and 6 picks in the top 100 I think. Go get 'em, Luverne, Minnesota's very own Monti Ossenfort!!!

Nothing says the people's stadium like a solid fence around it costing $13million and charging $15.00 to come walk around inside it. Where is the stadium commission to put a stop to things like this. The Vikings should be forced to allow people to walk around it in the winter.

Nothing says the people's stadium like a solid fence around it costing $13million and charging $15.00 to come walk around inside it. Where is the stadium commission to put a stop to things like this. The Vikings should be forced to allow people to walk around it in the winter.
I doubt the Vikings get that $$...

Staley is even higher on the list; an alleged defensive-minded HC that captains one of the most underachieving defenses in the league. The thing is, if they moved on from Staley, they could give the job to Kellen Moore, who is also someone who has inexplicably ridden some kind of hype train to "hot HC candidate" recently. WTF...

Eberflus in Chicago seems equally clueless, but he's at least somewhat hamstrung by people who think Justin Fields can be a quality starting QB in the NFL.

The Panthers blew it when they didn't hang on to Steve Wilks and hired Reich. I was fully on board with the Cardinals firing Wilks in AZ, he just seemed over his head way too man times. But last year for his interim term in Carolina, he did a fantastic job and had the Panthers playing much better football.

And while we're at it, I still think Zac Taylor is a bumbling idiot in Cincinnati, but a QB like Burrow can mask a whole lot of incompetency.

I'm biased but damn, I think Jonathan Gannon is doing a great job in Arizona. He's got a woefully undermanned Cardinals team playing hard every week. Massive draft coming up for Arizona, could set the table for the franchise for a while; Two first round picks, one should be in the top 5 and the other somewhere in the late teens, and 6 picks in the top 100 I think. Go get 'em, Luverne, Minnesota's very own Monti Ossenfort!!

Is Murray a definitive keep at this point? Or TBD?

His contract would be tough to move and the guy does have talent. They're probably praying to have the chance to draft Marvin Harrison Jr to pair up with Brown, Wilson, McBride and Conner as weapons for Murray.

It’s good they charge $15.

Would be overridden by homeless in 2sec if they just opened it up

I was all but 100% OUT on him at the start of the season; too many red flags, most of them off the field and from a lack of leadership standpoint. But, my character flaw is I believe the good in people and they've said all the right things about how he's handled himself since Camp started in August. I want to believe, I really do

End of the day, the remaining games will be huge in determining the future of the franchise. NOT having to waste draft capital on a QB would huge, they'll have their pick of the best non-QB at the top of the draft, could trade down for more capital, etc.

Keeping Murray as their "franchise QB" means a re-tweaking while moving on from him means a full-blown frame-up rebuild.

I was all but 100% OUT on him at the start of the season; too many red flags, most of them off the field and from a lack of leadership standpoint. But, my character flaw is I believe the good in people and they've said all the right things about how he's handled himself since Camp started in August. I want to believe, I really do

End of the day, the remaining games will be huge in determining the future of the franchise. NOT having to waste draft capital on a QB would huge, they'll have their pick of the best non-QB at the top of the draft, could trade down for more capital, etc.

Keeping Murray as their "franchise QB" means a re-tweaking while moving on from him means a full-blown frame-up rebuild.
Hope it works out for him, them and you🤙

Last edited:

Part of the "turtle mode" is that Denver is dead last in the NFL in Rushing Yards Allowed. The Vikings rushed for 175 yds, which is even more than the Broncos permit per game (160).

Unfortunately, they did stuff the Vikings before they got the last FG. Bummer.

Wild Card or Bust now, being 3 back of the Lions in the L column.
Oh Ope, sounds like you had a deprived childhood and never learned this truth -

*Posted before the second quarter half commenced

Last edited:

The way some of these younger NFL head coaches continue to be allergic to just taking the 3 points, it's beyond maddening. The Packers going for it on 4th down and 1 at the Detroit 13, against one of the best rush defenses in the league, was just plain stupid. Shorter than an XP kick from there.

Having bet the Packers at +8.5, I hope that doesn't come back to screw me over. LaFleur is a moron.

The way some of these younger NFL head coaches continue to be allergic to just taking the 3 points, it's beyond maddening. The Packers going for it on 4th down and 1 at the Detroit 13, against one of the best rush defenses in the league, was just plain stupid. Shorter than an XP kick from there.

Having bet the Packers at +8.5, I hope that doesn't come back to screw me over. LaFleur is a moron.
The 🦁 be lioning.
Dan Campbell helping you out with the fake punt at his 22 when he needed a decent gain.

They aren’t the second coming and Goff isn’t the QB to take you there - coughing it up worse than a bout of pneumonia.

The 🦁 be lioning.
Dan Campbell helping you out with the fake punt at his 22 when he needed a decent gain.

They aren’t the second coming and Goff isn’t the QB to take you there - coughing it up worse than a bout of pneumonia.
Cousins is the Walmart brand Tom Brady. Goff is the Dollar Store brand Kirk Cousins. If only the Bears had beared down they would be in full Lioning mode.

Oh Ope, sounds like you had a deprived childhood and never learned this truth -

*Posted before the second quarter half commenced
I was actually hoping for a Lions victory to essentially end any hope for the Packers to make it to the Playoffs. They are only 1 game behind the Vikings in the L column, with a head-to-head matchup remaining.

Top Bottom