All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

I notice O'Connel covered his mouth while talking to LaFluer during the post game. Probably when he asked about Cousins.

Denver would love to get out from under Russel Wilson. No idea if the cap can work for either team, but it wouldn't take much in draft picks.

I can bet you Cousins torn his achilles. His ankle and that all be mean it a Torn achilles.

I can bet you Cousins torn his achilles. His ankle and that all be mean it a Torn achilles.
Twitter doctors analyzing video are never wrong. Like TMZ when it comes to celebrity death.

Out for the year I believe. They signed Sean Mannion for 3rd string. If Kirk is out for the season they really need to at least trade for a back-up.
Apparently I'm wrong and Muellens could return. Still think they have to make a trade of some sort.

We were up 14 and Powell caught a first down at around the 20. Around 11 minutes to go. We throw an out to Addison and it's knocked away. The clock stops. We then drop back to pass and get sacked. We then drop back again and Kirk blows his achilles.

Why in the fu--- are we throwing on first down to begin with. At the 20, you have the field goal to go up 3 scores. Where the hell is PJ Fleck when you need him.

Just dammit!

You jinxed him! That achilles could finish his career.
He was finally having a year where everything was clicking, even in big games, and he finally had a line that could give him some protection. just wow.

Just like Favre before him, the Vikings will now get Rodgers from the Jets for 2024 or 2025 and make a single-year Super Bowl run and lose in excruciating fashion. That is the way of things.

and the trading deadline is this week. Kwesi will be living on coffee and energy drinks.

ultimately, it will be up to the owners. If they say "no fire sale," then the Vikes keep everyone and see what they can do with Hall at QB. But, if the owners are willing to go a different direction, the Vikes have several players who would be attractive in the trade market - and that would allow the team to stockpile more draft picks.

with their salary cap, I don't see any way they can bring in a QB - at least not one who would carry any kind of salary.

Now is not the time to mortgage your future for a band-aid which may or may not work.
"Mortgage your future" trades really don't happen at the trade deadline in the NFL. Nothing higher than a 2nd round pick is likely to be dealt.

If he played for the Gophers he would come into next week as Questionable :p

This is really such a bummer. If this it at least he went out playing the best he ever has here and beating the Packers.
The packers are seeing what it is like without Rodgers

The Vikings are going to see what it is like without Cousins.

At least we can run the ball, right?

"Mortgage your future" trades really don't happen at the trade deadline in the NFL. Nothing higher than a 2nd round pick is likely to be dealt.
Your definition, not mine😉.

Trading any draft capital at this juncture of the season for a QB who doesn’t know the system to try and eke out a playoff birth reeks of desperation and accomplishes zero for the future. There is zero assurance this move works and as already noted, likely not cap feasible anyway.

The focus needs to be on the strategic, long-term growth of the team - ♟️ not checkers.

Remember Josh Freeman? Bringing in a QB mid-season seems unlikely to produce good results. Don’t waste picks; just lick your wounds and stand pat. (Other than needing to sign a valid backup off the street that maybe could be starting in 3-4 weeks).

Remember Josh Freeman? Bringing in a QB mid-season seems unlikely to produce good results. Don’t waste picks; just lick your wounds and stand pat. (Other than needing to sign a valid backup off the street that maybe could be starting in 3-4 weeks).
I watched the Jets and Giants game and the G Men had to play Tommy DeVito, undrafted FA, when Tyrod Taylor got hurt and it wasn’t aesthetically pleasing, he was 2-7 for -1 yards.

There’s no reason we can’t beat the Falcons and the Bears with a simplified game plan, while Hall builds confidence and gets his bearings. I hope the team looks at this as an opportunity and not an obstacle; Hall ain’t Tommy DeVito.

Last edited:

Top Bottom