All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

We beat SF on Mon night and none of you losers get to post here the rest of the season! :)

Based on yesterday's contest, I think there is a strong possibility that the Bears-Vikings make Monday Night Football history on November 27.

This could be the first ever matchup deemed substandard enough be be flexed back to Sunday.

Yesterday only 2 teams broke the 30 point barrier, Jacksonville and Miami.

More amazing 23 teams scored 21 or fewer.
17 of those didn't get to 20.

Based on yesterday's contest, I think there is a strong possibility that the Bears-Vikings make Monday Night Football history on November 27.

This could be the first ever matchup deemed substandard enough be be flexed back to Sunday.
Virtually assured unless they flex another game first. Broncos-Vikings for 11/19 is also slated for Sunday Night Football and is a stone cold lock to flex to 3:00.

It's a little early to make broad definitive statements about talent evaluation yet. If you're going to bag on him for Cine and Booth, you have to give the new regime credit for people like A. Evans, Ed Ingram (say what you want but Ingram is currently PFF rated 18th best Guard right now and he's been a starter since he arrived), and Ivan Pace, Powell, Addison, Blackmon (certainly looks the part already), and it's hard to say the trade for Hockenson hasn't been a success to this point.

I'll also give it another year before completely writing off Cine, Booth and even Asomoah, Chandler, Jay Ward, and J. Roy.

Are those players truly good? Or are they playing out of necessity on a bad team? Addison is good, but he was also the obvious WR choice after a run of WRs at that point of the draft. The top 2 picks in this years draft were better, but the jury is still out on a lot of the players you're already giving him credit for. Through 6 games the Vikings aren't a good looking 2-4 team, they look like one of the worst teams in the NFL and could easily be 0-6.

I liked the Hockenson trade, but they paid him way too much. And I thought that before he started dropping balls the last several weeks. Plus giving Josh Oliver 3 years and 21 million on top of it was ridiculous.

Are those players truly good? Or are they playing out of necessity on a bad team? Addison is good, but he was also the obvious WR choice after a run of WRs at that point of the draft. The top 2 picks in this years draft were better, but the jury is still out on a lot of the players you're already giving him credit for. Through 6 games the Vikings aren't a good looking 2-4 team, they look like one of the worst teams in the NFL and could easily be 0-6.

I liked the Hockenson trade, but they paid him way too much. And I thought that before he started dropping balls the last several weeks. Plus giving Josh Oliver 3 years and 21 million on top of it was ridiculous.
We paid Hockenson too much

We paid Oliver too much

We paid Davenport a ton to basically not play

And our drafting has been horrendous

Just pure odds say we have to hit on some of our next moves.

We paid Oliver too much

First move that would hit would be fire kwesi

Yesterday only 2 teams broke the 30 point barrier, Jacksonville and Miami.

More amazing 23 teams scored 21 or fewer.
17 of those didn't get to 20.
I'm watching Dallas and Chargers right now. It's almost half time and the offense have been brutal.

We paid Oliver too much

Paying a blocking TE that much money is almost enough justification to fire somebody. Your starting RB who is no longer on a rookie contract is making half as much as your stud blocking TE. Ko Kieft was a 6th round draft pick and has looked great in that role in TB. Blow a late round pick on a blocking TE, but don’t give a 3/$21MM contract to a free agent one. This team has so many holes that is such an asinine way to spend that much money.

I'm watching Dallas and Chargers right now. It's almost half time and the offense have been brutal.
Unlike yesterday in a few games out east, can't blame it on the weather.

Paying a blocking TE that much money is almost enough justification to fire somebody. Your starting RB who is no longer on a rookie contract is making half as much as your stud blocking TE. Ko Kieft was a 6th round draft pick and has looked great in that role in TB. Blow a late round pick on a blocking TE, but don’t give a 3/$21MM contract to a free agent one. This team has so many holes that is such an asinine way to spend that much money.
You pay the blocking TE, but you can't run the ball.

Oliver’s cap number this year is $2.5M.

And he can catch and make plays with the ball, which is what they said to the media when they brought him in.

Just had that unfortunate fumble, so was probably in the doghouse with all the fumbling.

And he can catch and make plays with the ball, which is what they said to the media when they brought him in.

Just had that unfortunate fumble, so was probably in the doghouse with all the fumbling.
11 million guaranteed

Along with paying the other TE the most money in the NFL for a TE

It's been disappointing to say the least.

OK, great. His cap # is low this year, which is likely the only way they could fit him in. His cap # is north of $6MM next year and $9MM the next year. They can cut him after this year and carry a $6MM dead cap hit in 2024. They need to sign JJ, a QB, among other things, so that $6MM would sure be helpful...

Then add in the fact that they are paying Ham $2.7MM this year, and $3.3MM next year. That's $5.2MM in cap hit this year and $9.5MM in cap hit in 2024 for two guys to block.

If this was the year 2008 and your offense runs through Adrian Peterson, fine, I'll cut you some slack. If it's the year 2023 and your RB is not very good and you run the ball the lowest % in the NFL, I'd say you've spent your resources extremely poorly.

Use some of your late round picks on FB and blocking TE and throw all the remaining money at your OL.

Last edited:

OK, great. His cap # is low this year, which is likely the only way they could fit him in. His cap # is north of $6MM next year and $9MM the next year. They can cut him after this year and carry a $6MM dead cap hit in 2024. They need to sign JJ, a QB, among other things, so that $6MM would sure be helpful...

Then add in the fact that they are paying Ham $2.7MM this year, and $3.3MM next year. That's $5.2MM in cap hit this year and $9.5MM in cap hit in 2024 for two guys to block.

If this was the year 2008 and your offense runs through Adrian Peterson, fine, I'll cut you some slack. If it's the year 2023 and your RB is not very good and you run the ball the lowest % in the NFL, I'd say you've spent your resources extremely poorly.

Use some of your late round picks on FB and blocking TE and throw all the remaining money at your OL.
He knew this, but is always trying to cover for them for some reason.

Just brutal.

Joe Schmidt just cited the stat that the Vikings are the only NFL Team without a rushing TD.

That's astounding in mid-October.

And yet should very easily be 4-2.

More than one way to score points!

And yet should very easily be 4-2.

More than one way to score points!
Yep, and they could have easily won the Super Bowl last year. That Giant game could have gone either way. I mean hell, we wouldn't have had to play Philly on a Thursday night. And we easily could have beat the chiefs. I mean, look at the game with them a few days ago.

We could easily be super bowl champs!

AP was sent packing on DWTS. Mira still alive.

Joe Schmidt just cited the stat that the Vikings are the only NFL Team without a rushing TD.

That's astounding in mid-October.
The futility of the Vikings lack of a TD on the ground through 6 games was mentioned as yesterday's Stat of the Day on the Dan Patrick Show.

It has not happened since the 2017 Miami Dolphins did not get one until Week 9.

Negative Karens desperate to reach for some stat that is absolutely irrelevant to W-L.

Last year it was point differential. This year it’s rushing TD. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Negative Karens desperate to reach for some stat that is absolutely irrelevant to W-L.

Last year it was point differential. This year it’s rushing TD. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You do you, by focusing on the "grave injustice" of sending the Vikings on the road to Philly 4 days after the Season Opener.

It doesn't occur to you if they had got a couple of rushing TDs, they might be 4-2 instead of 2-4?

Also that stat that they were outscored last season is precisely the reason I am not shocked they are 2-4 THIS season. They were mediocre.

If they continue to exhibit such futility on the ground, especially without Jefferson for at least 3 more weeks, they will be toast. It's so bad that it was brought up on a National Radio/Podcast, not some show catering to Purple Zealots.

Correct statement: if they turned the ball over fewer times/made fewer grave mistakes against Tampa and LAC, they’re 4-2.

Pretending rushing matters on this offense, for anything other than setting up the pass, is so fake.

Pretending rushing matters on this offense, for anything other than setting up the pass, is so fake.
Uhh, yeah. You just listed perhaps the most important thing why it's pertinent to have at least a respectable rushing attack. It's quite vital.

Football 101. No respect for the running game, lineman pin their ears back and take aim at the QB and/or are able to cover receivers. Passing game suffers.

Cause. Effect.

If it hadn't been for all that wind damage, the tornado wouldn't have been that big of deal.

Last edited:

Top Bottom