All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

The offense has issues besides JJ being out. Mattison and Akers should get equal touches.

That was one of the worst intentional grounding call’s I’ve ever seen. Ham almost got his hands on the ball.

The defense won the game. Why do the Bears not have a veteran backup QB? The kid looked ok but made a mistake you’d expect from a non drafted D2 QB.

49ers coming to the Dome after their first regular season loss in about a calendar year and Purdy's only one ever.

The frustration with KAM is how terrible his draft picks have been which have nothing to do with the cap. His talent evaluation has been poor so far.

It's a little early to make broad definitive statements about talent evaluation yet. If you're going to bag on him for Cine and Booth, you have to give the new regime credit for people like A. Evans, Ed Ingram (say what you want but Ingram is currently PFF rated 18th best Guard right now and he's been a starter since he arrived), and Ivan Pace, Powell, Addison, Blackmon (certainly looks the part already), and it's hard to say the trade for Hockenson hasn't been a success to this point.

I'll also give it another year before completely writing off Cine, Booth and even Asomoah, Chandler, Jay Ward, and J. Roy.

The offense has issues besides JJ being out. Mattison and Akers should get equal touches.

That was one of the worst intentional grounding call’s I’ve ever seen. Ham almost got his hands on the ball.

The defense won the game. Why do the Bears not have a veteran backup QB? The kid looked ok but made a mistake you’d expect from a non drafted D2 QB.
The Vikings had 6 second half possessions.

4, three and outs

one 6 play drive for a field a field goal

and the run out the clock at the end.

That is beyond hideous. Chicago is a crap defense and ranked 30th in the league.

This was the type of game where Cousins doesn't do it for me. You need a 15 yard scramble to get something going. You need some moving around in the pocket for some creativity. It was all robotic and hopeless.

Oh, and Mattison, who plays hard, but is not a great offensive player rushed the ball 18 times, and get this......was targeted on 7 passes. 7 passes to Mattison(LOL)

Sorry for the rant, I'm still pissed about this win.

Last edited:

The frustration with KAM is how terrible his draft picks have been which have nothing to do with the cap. His talent evaluation has been poor so far.

The cap situation he inherited is awful though. Right now the dead cap for next season is only 3.5 million, mainly from Dalvin Cook. That could jump back up to 32 million if they move on from Cousins, but then could drop to nearly nothing in 2025 where they will have a significant amount of cap space even if they sign JJ and Darrisaw.

Either way this season is their worst for cap space and it will get better over the next two seasons.

Absolutely. 2022 draft is a disaster of course. 2023 draft looks below average at this point as well. Pace was a good pick up admittedly.

Jameson Williams just caught an impressive 50 yd TD for the Lions. If Williams and Watson stand out, Vikings 2022 draft may be an all time NFL draft worst

My prediction is looking better - Vikes will win enough games to ensure that they will not have a top draft choice. If they really want to draft one of the top 2 or 3 QB's in the class, they will have to trade up - and that will cost them a lot in draft capital.

we'll see. upcoming schedule: (current record of opponent)
host 49'ers (on MNF) (5-1)
at Packers (2-3)
---NFL trade deadline after Packers game--
at Falcons (3-3)
host Saints (3-3)
at Broncos (1-5)

the Vikes will be an underdog against the 49'ers, but the next three games are toss-ups. They could potentially be around 5-6 or even 6-5 after the Broncos.

But - if they dump any talent at trade deadline, that changes the picture. lot of buzz on various sites that the Vikes are getting calls about possible trades for Hunter, Osborn and Harrison Smith, among others. If they lose to the Packers and wind up 2-6 at that point, who knows?

Absolutely. 2022 draft is a disaster of course. 2023 draft looks below average at this point as well. Pace was a good pick up admittedly.

Jameson Williams just caught an impressive 50 yd TD for the Lions. If Williams and Watson stand out, Vikings 2022 draft may be an all time NFL draft worst
I was pretty adamant that the move to help two teams in your own division to move up in the draft was beyond stupid.

However, Williams has 5 catches in his first 8 games, and Watson has 5 catches in his 2 games this year. Not ready to anoint them as massive difference makers.

I was pretty adamant that the move to help two teams in your own division to move up in the draft was beyond stupid.

However, Williams has 5 catches in his first 8 games, and Watson has 5 catches in his 2 games this year. Not ready to anoint them as massive difference makers.

Yep, 2022 an awful draft. Becomes epically awful if Watson and Williams pan out. Time will tell.

49ers coming to the Dome after their first regular season loss in about a calendar year and Purdy's only one ever.
Samuels and McCaffrey both exited that game at some point- no idea about their availability for next week.

Should be 4-2 right now. 5-1 not off the table. Weren't going to win in Philly on a Thus night, NFL F'ed us on that one, but rest should be wins other than maybe KC.

Risner did not start.

But he did come in for Cleveland with an injury. Looks like that was the strategy all along.

Wannabe GM's on here wrong, who'd a thunk it.

And look at that, SF goes down to Cleveland!

That's why we play the games! Sheesh

Should be 4-2 right now. 5-1 not off the table. Weren't going to win in Philly on a Thus night, NFL F'ed us on that one, but rest should be wins other than maybe KC.
Could also be 0-6 if a couple of things hadn't gone the Vikings way.

They are what their record says they are, 2-4, still 3 games back of the Lions.

Combined record of their 2 conquests, 1-11. Both on the road though, to their credit. Skol.

The Giants-Bills was a dramatic finish.

If it was PI on the 2nd to last play, I don't see why it wasn't on the final pass as well, or holding.

Risner did not start.

But he did come in for Cleveland with an injury. Looks like that was the strategy all along.

Wannabe GM's on here wrong, who'd a thunk it.
The offense sucks with either one, so no biggie!

2 first downs the whole second half yesterday.........buckle up, San Fran.......LMAO

False. They should be 4-2. That's what their record should show them to be.

*IF* they beat SF next week, none of you get to participate. You're off. If you apologize and repent, MAYBE you'll be allowed back on.

Were Cleveland fans buckled up? :)

Read in the Strib post-game notes that the players were blasting Creed's "Higher" after the win, spearheaded by Bradbury and Cousins.

I think that says all that's needed to say about the 2023 Vikings squad. Burn it down.
Rocky 4 was the answer

Not having a veteran backup QB is how one assures the Bears don't win a few games by accident to maintain their draft position. Like yesterday.

Top Bottom