All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Did Cine, Booth, or Aasamoah play at all? I know hindsight is 20-20 but was there no dline or oline help available in that draft? I know Jordan Davis was taken with pick #13, after we had traded #12 away.

Last edited:

saw a report that at one point, the Vikings defense had 1 DL on the field with 5 LB, 3 CB and 2 S.

so Philly just says, fine, let's run up the middle. there is such a thing as being too smart for your own good.

the truly sad part is this: somehow, the Vikings will find a way to win enough games so they are not in position to draft one of the top QB's. the ultimate 'stuck-in-the-middle' franchise. Not good enough to contend for a championship, and not bad enough to bring in good, low-priced talent - forcing the team to use trades or free agency to acquire higher-priced talent, leading to cap issues.

Did Cine, Booth, or Aasamoah play at all? I know hindsight is 20-20 but was there no dline or oline help available in that draft? I know Jordan Davis was taken with pick #13, after we had traded #12 away.
When Metellus got hurt, they went with Theo Jackson. Jackson is a practice squad player. Cine just can't play.

Booth did not see the field.

Asamoah, I'm not sure.

It's interesting that some here believe the Vikings braintrust is absolutely hopeless when it comes to the draft, and yet some of these same folks want to dump Cousins and draft a rookie QB to play the most important position on the field.

It sure seems as if this plan is about to be carried out, to the letter. And what makes it doubly puzzling is watching while the team makes major financial commitments at wide receiver and tight end — two positions that are highly dependent on competent quarterbacking.

The Eagles have the best off line in the league and maybe the best def line as well. I am trying not to judge Flores to harshly as there is very little defensive talent. Hunter is probably the only guy who could start on that Eagles defense.

Vikings media Luke Braun:
- 8 NFL teams' longest field is against the Vikes. This is remarkable.
- Beat the Chargers and Panthers. Would feel like we have life again.
- Our dline got their manhood handed to them. Consider a trade.

MORE fuel for the fire...

Interesting. A lot of talk about
how Jets should go after Cousins.

I have heard there are sposed to be 5 or 6 top notch quarterbacks coming out in draft next year. Trade Cousins and maybe even Hunter and then tank. Use the draft capital to move up even more for a top quarterback.

Harrison Smith looked bad last night too. Being lost on a deep ball and having Hurts just push him away on a run.

Harrison Smith looked bad last night too. Being lost on a deep ball and having Hurts just push him away on a run.
I believe he was also the one that totally whiffed near the goal line on an Eagles TD.

Edit: Found the play. Bad miss.

Last edited:

Mean tweets unwarranted! But so far he's, by his pay, proven why he was a second string player.
Fumbles aside it's too early to tell how much is the awful O line and how much is him. They didn't exactly break the bank keeping him either.

If someone wants to give a first rounder for Cousins, that's a great deal.

Trade anyone that will fetch anything in return. Clean the house.

Cue the “the oline is terrible because of injuries” excuses.

Kirk isn’t going to be able to walk by the end of the season with how bad he’s going to get pummeled unless they do something about this.
Not to rip an injured guy, bu Udoh isn't good, so there's no great loss there. Hopefully Darrisaw is OK. The re-signing of Bradbury was another Quesi mistake.

Bummer for Udoh. That play he literally got tossed in the air like a ragdoll (I think by Sweat?). Now wondering if the quad snapped before the contact, and that's why he got tossed? That would make sense.

Can someone please explain this:

- last year, Brandel started for an injured Darrisaw against Buffalo. They have a pretty good DE by the name of Epenesa, who Gopher fans should know well.
..... as far as I recall, he seemed to do OK?? Good enough to win the game.

So ..... instead of putting him back there ..... we go with Udoh??? And then when Udoh goes down, we bring in brand new signee Quessenberry.

What???

The Vikings are going to be just fine. Lot of hyper-reactive, brow-beaten rubes on this thread. (Which is fine, that's what the internet is for.)

It was the Eagles. It was that DL. It was that OL. It was in Philly. And we scared the hell out of them. We turned the ball over 4 times (including an absolute horseshit rule that needs to be removed from the rulebook). They figured out they could run the ball every play and we couldn't stop it.

Osborn is still the clear #2 WR on the roster. Addison is fast, but he's a shrimp. 175 pounds and that's probably cheating a bit. Can he block, without being cut in half, then? You have to block. You don't just get to be a little fast guy.

Very unfortunate that KJO has been the frequent target of misthrown, uncatachable balls by Kirk in very important situations. Int against Tampa was 100% Kirk's fault, very badly thrown behind. The other one was an uncatchable missile that slipped through his fingertips. The two vs the Eagles, the first one was again thrown behind him, but he could have caught it. The second one was fully KJO's fault. Bummer.

Still think this is a 9-11 win team, playoff team, maybe win a Wild Card game (especially if at home). Obviously if the Lions slip and we manage to win the division, then that's that. Probably same outcome as last year.

Win the next two and the hyper-reactive rubes will be 180 the other way. Yawn

Drafting Addison was a mistake. One hard hit against an NFL guy, and he'll be out for weeks.

We badly needed help on defense, and there was plenty there to get that help in that spot.

Top Bottom