All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

See here is the issue for that.

The Correa "check swing" was after the foul ball called double. Only we reason we were down.

The bats definitely shrivled in the clutch big time. Solanos 3 pitch K(I believe it was 3) before the AK hose job was embarrassing. And usually blaming the umps is bad.

But this was a special circumstance where one blatantly foul ball didnt just give the hitter new life. It straight up gave them a double and a run.

Where two calls straight up took the bat out of our hitters hands in a 8-7 bases loaded 1 out situation.

At least in the Correa AB he still had to complete the walk and Buxton still had to hit a 170 mph frozen rope grounder that went all the way to the wall for us to benefit.

For Correa, regardless he would have been rung up and Buxton would have been up with bases empty, 2 out.

Here's the rabbit hole aspect of it, say the Dodgers go ahead double does get called rightfully a foul ball. For all we know that hitter may have hit a HR to put the Dodgers up 2.

In the end, Twins went 1-11 after Buxton's hit with RISP. The hit was bunt misplayed by the pitcher.

AK even had another chance at redemption in the 12th but flied out, unfortunately this time with 2 outs. Sure it would have been nice in the 10th if he had another hack or two to get the ball to the outfield. He also might have grounded into an inning double play.

The calls sucked. No doubt. Everyone can choose whatever angst they want obviously. I'm more frustrated with the lack of ability to drive in the runs on the other 10 ABs after the 9th inning, but to each their own.

For Correa, regardless he would have been rung up and Buxton would have been up with bases empty, 2 out.

Here's the rabbit hole aspect of it, say the Dodgers go ahead double does get called rightfully a foul ball. For all we know that hitter may have hit a HR to put the Dodgers up 2.

In the end, Twins went 1-11 after Buxton's hit with RISP. The hit was bunt misplayed by the pitcher.

AK even had another chance at redemption in the 12th but flied out, unfortunately this time with 2 outs. Sure it would have been nice in the 10th if he had another hack or two to get the ball to the outfield. He also might have grounded into an inning double play.

The calls sucked. No doubt. Everyone can choose whatever angst they want obviously. I'm more frustrated with the lack of ability to drive in the runs on the other 10 ABs after the 9th inning, but to each their own.
Over the course of the season, these things are supposed to even out. But when it's Twins against the Yankees/Dodgers/Astros they never seem to.

Over the course of the season, these things are supposed to even out. But when it's Twins against the Yankees/Dodgers/Astros they never seem to.
Even the Dodger foul/double call, I am way more upset that it's not reviewable than the fact it was missed. That's just stupid on MLBs part.

Thats not how it works though haha.

In the plays the impacted the Twins they were directly impacted on those calls, they didnt have another chance. Unless you cherry pick AK fould hit his 2nd strike foul fair.

The Dodgers literally had a chance to still get Correa out. They failed. They also could have gotten Buxton out. They failed.

The Twins had no chance at another pitch to Peralta. Kiriloff didnt have a chance at a real AB or even another pitch after his second awful call.

The twins were directly impacted immediately by calls. Dodgers were impacted after failures that followed. Absolutely massive difference.

Thats not how it works though haha.

In the plays the impacted the Twins they were directly impacted on those calls, they didnt have another chance. Unless you cherry pick AK fould hit his 2nd strike foul fair.

The Dodgers literally had a chance to still get Correa out. They failed. They also could have gotten Buxton out. They failed.

The Twins had no chance at another pitch to Peralta. Kiriloff didnt have a chance at a real AB or even another pitch after his second awful call.

The twins were directly impacted immediately by calls. Dodgers were impacted after failures that followed. Absolutely massive difference.
I disagree that they were massive differences.

It is also skirting the Twins ineptitude in their other 10 ABs that resulted in outs after the Buxton double that tied the game (again). They had plenty of chances, including Kirilloff in the 12th. He flew out.

I disagree that they were massive differences.

It is also skirting the Twins ineptitude in their other 10 ABs that resulted in outs after the Buxton double that tied the game (again). They had plenty of chances, including Kirilloff in the 12th. He flew out.

Its not skiriting I quite literally said the bats were bad.

But it doesnt change the fact that 3 awful calls directly impacted immediate scoring. Youre skirting and basically reading posts half blind based on the fact you had to even bring up the Abs again

Twins bullpen 2023 AL ranking
ERA 8th. WHIP. 11th. BB. 11th

Twins bullpen 2022 AL ranking
ERA 10th. WHIP 11th. BB. 12th

That was about as bad of a scoreless inning as you can have.

Ober was all over the place. 26 pitches. Need length out of him tonight with the bullpen. Hopefully he settles in. He was 0 for 5 on 1st pitch strikes(one as a gift nearly as bad as strike 1 on AK last night so 1/5 technically)

Correa is still 95% bum. Stop hitting him in the top to middle of the order. He clearly fuckings sucks and isnt about to figure it out. Just awful swings constantly.

Brightside team wise. Kershaw racking up a massive pitch count through 2 innings himself

Last season when we played the dodgers felt like we were the junior varsity. Doesn't feel like that so far this series.

So valuable to have a shortstop who can make all the plays.

FUCK CORREA.

3 At Bats. 0/3 with RISP. 2 ks. 1 DP. 4 outs made. This dude is a fucking joke.

Kershaw at 90 pitches and 26 for the inning and our big signing lets him off the hook.

Ober!!! Thats working out of the jam.

Also, the Dodgers trying a 2 out double steal of home with JD Martinez and Max Muncy was a choice

Put a couple more on the board. The pen is going to be real interesting tonight, if/when Ober is done.

Manufactured a run. Scored without a hit. Walk, hbp, stolen base, safety squeeze. Did I really see that? Rocco lose his analytics chart?

Manufactured a run. Scored without a hit. Walk, hbp, stolen base, safety squeeze. Did I really see that? Rocco lose his analytics chart?
3 stolen bases and a safety squeeze. Is it 1985?

Tough play but Taylor gotta hold onto that.

I think we have to try and milk one more inning out of Ober. Hes kinda hanging by a thread but pen doesnt have many options.

Jax and Duran should be available for 8/9. Moran I am guessing is the plan for 7th. Maybe Pagan. Scary stuff.

Top Bottom