All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Injury of the day today.....high ankle sprain for Gordon. Today is March 3rd

Injury of the day today.....UCL sprain and potential Tommy John for Austin Martin. You can't make up the injuries this team has had the last two years. Unreal. Today is March 5th

Didn't need him. We've got Pagan and Megill.

Supposedly, Moran, Alaca and Mefill are battling for 2 pen spots.
Mefill reminds me of a guy J played college ball with in Denver, from Seattle and threw legit 92-94, but straight as an Amish lifer and he got lit up constantly. Much to big Eddies chagrin, he was destined to DH for his career.
Morale of the post is, doesn’t matter how fast you chuck, if it comes back faster and Mefills ERA was 40.5 last time I checked.

How many teams can fans in Iowa watch this year?
I don’t live in Iowa anymore but yeah it’s still bad. I used to live 30 miles from the Missouri border and was blacked out of the Twins, Brewers, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals and Royals. Incredibly stupid.

I don’t live in Iowa anymore but yeah it’s still bad. I used to live 30 miles from the Missouri border and was blacked out of the Twins, Brewers, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals and Royals. Incredibly stupid.
Was Marty your accountant?

Anyone else watching the WBC? The favorites, the Dominican, were upset by Venezuela. Really exciting atmosphere at many of the games.

Anyone else watching the WBC? The favorites, the Dominican, were upset by Venezuela. Really exciting atmosphere at many of the games.
I saw most of the Venezuela and US games last night. The DR has more big names, but Venezuela has tons of talent as well.
I always find it interesting how some of these players end up on these international teams. Like former Twin Vance Worley started for Great Britain last night.

He actually played 3B in college and has played some in the minors too. Has also played a little 1B and OF too. It's a big advantage now days if you can play multiple positions like that.

I have a baseball man crush on Julien. He could be Arraez with more power.

well, if you believe Falvey, he is saying that Buxton and Polanco are on track to be ready by opening day. with Kirilloff, there is more uncertainty, with Falvey saying that Kirilloff is behind some of the other players in his timeline.

So - IF Kirilloff starts the season at St. Paul to get at-bats, that makes things interesting. Gallo or Solano at 1B? If Gallo winds up at 1B, that opens a spot for Larnach or Wallner to open the season with the Twins.

well, if you believe Falvey, he is saying that Buxton and Polanco are on track to be ready by opening day. with Kirilloff, there is more uncertainty, with Falvey saying that Kirilloff is behind some of the other players in his timeline.

So - IF Kirilloff starts the season at St. Paul to get at-bats, that makes things interesting. Gallo or Solano at 1B? If Gallo winds up at 1B, that opens a spot for Larnach or Wallner to open the season with the Twins.
My guess is it would be more Miranda and Solano at 1B. Maybe Gallo once in awhile but he’s a really good OF so they may want him to play out there most of the time.

I'm the most worried about Miranda right now. Wonder if he is going to have shoulder problems all season long. Twins don't seem to be worried about him, but I am.

All kinds of Twins connections in the PR-Venezuela game. Lopez starting for Venezuela, Berrios gave up a bunch of runs for PR. Moran now pitching for PR. Arraez, Escobar and Rosario playing too.

All kinds of Twins connections in the PR-Venezuela game. Lopez starting for Venezuela, Berrios gave up a bunch of runs for PR. Moran now pitching for PR. Arraez, Escobar and Rosario playing too.
WTF has happened to Berrios? It doesn't seem to be physical.

Top Bottom