All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Good win. Jeffers is hitting. He needs to catch 60-70% of the time. Vazquez can be a $10 million back-up.

HAHAHAHAHA Rocco strikes yet again. God this guy is so bad at his fucking job.

Huge series vs Cleveland. 4 games. Varland is absolutely carving guys up. Keep him in??

Nah lets go to Lopez. A key set up man. Who is continuing his struggles as he gives up 2 bombs.

This guy is incapable of feeling out a fucking game.
Lopez needed a low stress inning to get his head right. Unfortunately....

The good: Won the season series vs. Houston 4-2
The bad: Record might be skewed because they missed Valdez and Javier both times
The ugly: Correa 2-18 vs. his former team

Yeah, Julien struggled again. Really hope he can figure it out. Hopefully not a AAAA player.
He just turned 24 so think he's still got time. I would not be surprised if he is traded.

People complaining about the Twins record need to remember the first half of their schedule is much more difficult than the 2nd half.

Detroit actually has the easiest remaining strength of schedule:

22. Cleveland
26. Minnesota
30. Detroit

People complaining about the Twins record need to remember the first half of their schedule is much more difficult than the 2nd half.

This month is going to be rough. They have to take advantage of the games against Cleveland and Detroit. Because they play at Tampa, Toronto, Atlanta, and Baltimore (goes into July). The rest of the way is so much easier.

It’ll be a race between Polanco and Kepler to see who goes back on the IL. I say Kepler, tearing his Achilles while running out another 3-hopper.
Sadly Polanco and Buxton have basically the same chronic knee issue. Both will struggle to remain off the IL I'm afraid. Kepler just seems like a guy who will always be prone to pulled muscles but it's much more random.

I love the Balleys guys talking about how unfortunate the timing of Max’s IL trip was and how he’s really battling. The guys been trash for 3 years and the front office can’t bring themselves to accept it or they are too proud to admit it. Which is funny cause they tried all off-season to move him.

The front office didn’t want him to start the year, but now he’s too valuable to get rid of as soon as he’s healthy. Plus why does he get to come off the IL and instantly get into the lineup vs having to go rehab somewhere. Not to worry though he’s 1-15 since coming back into the lineup.

Win 3 out of 4. Be 5.5 ahead of Cleveland come Sunday evening and let's start to make a move on this division.

I love the Balleys guys talking about how unfortunate the timing of Max’s IL trip was and how he’s really battling. The guys been trash for 3 years and the front office can’t bring themselves to accept it or they are too proud to admit it. Which is funny cause they tried all off-season to move him.

The front office didn’t want him to start the year, but now he’s too valuable to get rid of as soon as he’s healthy. Plus why does he get to come off the IL and instantly get into the lineup vs having to go rehab somewhere. Not to worry though he’s 1-15 since coming back into the lineup.
I think they can buy him out for 1 million dollars heading into next year.

Motivation

Yes Dick I get it they didn’t hit the ball hard. Guess what they ain’t giving the runs back just because the exit velocities were not as cool as Gallo’s.

What the hell have the twins done to both Lopez’s? They both stink right now.

A key guy who is struggling. That was the perfect time to bring in a guy who has struggled.

No it wasnt.

Because it also made us use up Stewart. You dont bring in guys just because haha. Thats why we cant get on a winning streak. We do stupid shit

So glad we keep batting Correa 3rd. How long we gonna do it?? He fucking SUCKS. Like hes lucky to be allowed to bat much less 3rd.

Lopez is a mental midget as well. Got paid and the jig was up. Scammed us.

No it wasnt.

Because it also made us use up Stewart. You dont bring in guys just because haha. Thats why we cant get on a winning streak. We do stupid shit
So when is the best time to bring in a relief pitcher that’s struggling? In a close game?

So Rocco is giving up on this game? The whole thing is laughable right now.

I am so done with Gallo everyone else in the 8th was hitting the ball hard. He’s gets up there and K’s on 4 pitches. He’s now K’d 3 times tonight and is batting a strong .190. I know averages don’t matter, but they must matter some.

On other news Lewis is good.

Top Bottom