All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Kepler contributes the most by getting hurt, going on the IL, and letting someone else take his roster spot. No wonder we haven’t been able to unload him.

Could this be the game we all look back on that springboarded us to the promised land?

A great day. Lots of great barbecue meat, my wife's amazing banana cream dessert, lots of pickleball with family, and a twins game to be remembered.

Thanks to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice on foreign fields so that we can enjoy days such as today.

I wasn't able to see the game but read an Astros comment board. They thought Gray got hosed by the umpire and then were very surprised when he got pulled out after 79 pitches.
Just wondering if Dick and Justin expressed any surprise when Gray was pulled? I know Gray has felt before that Rocco has a quicker hook than necessary.

I wasn't able to see the game but read an Astros comment board. They thought Gray got hosed by the umpire and then were very surprised when he got pulled out after 79 pitches.
Just wondering if Dick and Justin expressed any surprise when Gray was pulled? I know Gray has felt before that Rocco has a quicker hook than necessary.

I don't know what Dick or Justin said, but normally if you're a starting pitcher and start the 7th inning giving up a double, then a walk, you're likely going to get pulled in a 3 run game.

Justin's not in the booth, it's Glen Perkins, who is the best color commentator they currently have on the roster, IMO.

Last edited:

Justin's not in the booth, it's Glen Perkins, who is the best color commentator they currently have one the roster, IMO.

Thankfully the days of Bert reading the media guide are in the distant past. I appreciate having the volume on.

Totally. Let's trade 6 years of Lewis for 2.5 months of Ohtani so we can finally win a single play-off game and lose 2-1 in the first round.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic but I have seen this suggested sincerely by others.

Totally. Let's trade 6 years of Lewis for 2.5 months of Ohtani so we can finally win a single play-off game and lose 2-1 in the first round.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic but I have seen this suggested sincerely by others.
Yeah Lewis would be a tough one. I think he can be a superstar very quickly. He'd probably be the only prospect off limit for an Ohtani trade. But I'm not sure Trout would be happy either if they're trading him for just prospects and no MLB ready players.

Mostly sarcastic. If this team was ready to win now (not including Lewis), then I would entertain it. But they are not.

If there was some greater than 50/50 chance they could sign Ohtani to extension, it would also be something to consider. But they are not.

Yeah Lewis would be a tough one. I think he can be a superstar very quickly. He'd probably be the only prospect off limit for an Ohtani trade. But I'm not sure Trout would be happy either if they're trading him for just prospects and no MLB ready players.
It's unlikely the Angels will fall far enough out of it to trade him and if they do, the price will be insane. At least the Dodgers/Yankees/Mets can trade for him knowing signing to an extension is possible. Very hard to justify for Twins. They are more than Ohtani away from being WS contenders.

It's unlikely the Angels will fall far enough out of it to trade him and if they do, the price will be insane. At least the Dodgers/Yankees/Mets can trade for him knowing signing to an extension is possible. Very hard to justify for Twins. They are more than Ohtani away from being WS contenders.
If I'm any of those teams I might not even deal with the whole trading business and just wait to throw oodles of money at him in the offseason. If your odds to sign him are extremely high due to what you spend why waste your whole farm system on the small chance you won't resign him?

It's time for Buxton to move to CF. Castro single-handedly torpedoed their chances today and Taylor can't hit. And Buxton's not hitting well enough to justify only DH'ing. If he gets hurt playing CF, oh well.
I don't think Buxton is nearly healthy enough right now to field the CF position well at this point.

I have serious doubts that he will even be a semi-regular outfielder ever again.

I don't think Buxton is nearly healthy enough right now to field the CF position well at this point.

I have serious doubts that he will even be a semi-regular outfielder ever again.
Perhaps not. They have to consider putting Kepler or Gallo in CF against RH pitching in that case.

Joe Ryan with a bad start tonight and the Twins on there way to a loss.

Odd how this team loves splits, but Correa bats 2nd or 3rd, no matter what, while maintaining a .200-ish average vs. RHP.

Correa and Buxton are killing the lineup right now. Our leaders aren’t leading.
Buxton is a .240 career hitter. He is what he is and now doesn't play the field.

It's just so Minnesota sports.

Trade him if anyone will bite.

Cleveland and Detroit both lose.

No harm yet again tonight.

It's kind of hilarious.

Buxton was supposed to be a 5-tool player.
He's currently one of those Allen wrenches that gets thrown in with a ready-to-assemble bookcase from Ikea.

Top Bottom