All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Tomorrow’s another day - per the broadcast, we had the second best AL record prior to tonight- get the next 2 and win the series

Tomorrow’s another day - per the broadcast, we had the second best AL record prior to tonight- get the next 2 and win the series
I knew there was a reason I should pumped after that.

Thanks.

Good Grief!

Lefty Danny Coulombe didn't give up a run for us in spring training.
We rewarded him by sending him through waivers. Has thus far pitched in 7 games for the Birds, sporting a 0.450 whip and 1.45 era.

Lefty Danny Coulombe didn't give up a run for us in spring training.
We rewarded him by sending him through waivers. Has thus far pitched in 7 games for the Birds, sporting a 0.450 whip and 1.45 era.
That move never made sense. All to keep Cole Sands. Ugh.

How is Kepler not going all the way after that even if he thinks its foul?

Coulombe is a 33 year old journeyman, and Sands is a 25 year old who was one of their top 25 prospects last year. It makes sense.

Well, Baltimore is pleased 🙂. Romero has never shown control, why not keep Coulombe and let Romero work on control in St. Paul?
Seems like Twins like Sands despite his lack of results, so maybe he figures it out. He will no doubt be sent down shortly to make room for Winder.

A Minnesota Sports type of game.

100 ways to win the game, but NO!

Getting outhit 12-4 and committing 2 errors means victory was an unlikely outcome.

Gifted 2 runs in the top of the 10th without a hit, unfortunately karma bit them back. That and not catching/blocking a 3rd strike.

Stupid Pesky Pole dimension.

I knew there was a reason I should pumped after that.

Thanks.

Good Grief!

Obviously. I was positing regarding a mature perspective when taking an L; let those who have ears hear.

I assume that when catcher's interference was called, the players including Solano thought it was a dead ball. I've been watching baseball for almost 60 years and I did not know that rule. Just talked to a guy who caught in HS and college, and he didn't know that you could decline the catcher's interference and take the result of the play.

to be sure, ignorance of the rule is no defense - but just saying that it's a pretty unusual situation. Rocco said after the game he had never seen that rule come into play in his career. And that led to the Sox scoring a run that would not have scored if the Twins had made the "out" at First, because then the Sox would have accepted the Catcher's interference and had runners at 1st & 2nd.

now Moran, that's a different situation. the writers always talk about how great his "stuff" is - but if he can't get the ball close to the strike zone, what good is his "stuff?" Then again, the other options were Pagan, Alcala and Headrick.

162 games in a season. there will be games the Twins give away, and there will be games that the other team gives away. just have to hope it evens out in the end.

I like it. If only they could make those prices every game. You can still charge me $17 for a Cuban sandwich, but sell me a hotdog for $3.00 please.

Cool they are trying new things and having an open mind - that’s how you find out what works😃

It's a great idea but done at a terrible time. The weather is going to suck Friday so it's probably not going to be successful. Apparently they're trying this idea out to see if they want to do more in the future. Should have done it in May.

It's a great idea but done at a terrible time. The weather is going to suck Friday so it's probably not going to be successful. Apparently they're trying this idea out to see if they want to do more in the future. Should have done it in May.

This is for next Friday.

Currently supposed to be 62. Will see how it holds.

This is for next Friday.

Currently supposed to be 62. Will see how it holds.
giphy.gif

Damn. Where did this Brent Headrick come from? Hope he keeps it together and adjusts as the hitters will. Very impressive start.

1681954369599.png

Top Bottom