All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I'd be shocked if they extend Gray. He doesn't seem to like the front office much and he's 33. He'll want a 3 year deal or longer at $15-20 million/year. They're not going to give him that and I doubt he'll take a discount to stay.
Yeah I'd bring him back for 1 year with a team option for another year but he'd never go for that. If Maeda is decent this year could see them bringing him back for a year or 2.

I'd be shocked if they extend Gray. He doesn't seem to like the front office much and he's 33. He'll want a 3 year deal or longer at $15-20 million/year. They're not going to give him that and I doubt he'll take a discount to stay.
Yep I agree. It's why I left him off my initial list.

Yeah I'd bring him back for 1 year with a team option for another year but he'd never go for that. If Maeda is decent this year could see them bringing him back for a year or 2.
Or Mahle but he's been thoroughly underwhelming so far.

Or Mahle but he's been thoroughly underwhelming so far.
Yeah I think with him you could almost gamble on bringing up someone like Woods-Richardson and just seeing if he can get you similar numbers for way less money

Yeah I think with him you could almost gamble on bringing up someone like Woods-Richardson and just seeing if he can get you similar numbers for way less money
I think it's going to depend on Paddock. If there's concerns with him even next year then they might want to bring back a veteran as they'd still be able to fill the 5th spot with a young guy.

Generally the weather sucks in Minneapolis this time of year. I actually questioned more when I first saw the schedule, why are they playing a night game tomorrow? Turns out it's going to be awesome weather fortunately.

There's also an odd day game scheduled for Friday, April 28 (3:10) vs the Royals.

Reusse raised the same question on his Twitter account. The Twins Prez indicated: "It’s experiment to see if Friday “Happy Hour” game might prove popular w/ fans & get repeated down the road. Seems like outreach to get the North Loopers & other younger adults in ballyard."

On his SkorNorth podcast he said it's an attempt to see of the Cubs success with such games can be replicated in Minneapolis.

Reusse raised the same question on his Twitter account. The Twins Prez indicated: "It’s experiment to see if Friday “Happy Hour” game might prove popular w/ fans & get repeated down the road. Seems like outreach to get the North Loopers & other younger adults in ballyard."

On his SkorNorth podcast he said it's an attempt to see of the Cubs success with such games can be replicated in Minneapolis.
Interesting, but it might have been smarter to wait a few weeks before trying it.

More strikeouts tonight. Buxton or Kepler?

We gotta skip the pointless AAA plan and get Polanco and AK up here tomorrow.

Cannot keep trotting out this inept lineup. Sale is a shell of himself and hes absolutely laughing in our faces.

Chris sale has a 9 era over 15 innings and a whip of 1.80. This disgrace of a twins lineup is making him look like Sandy Koufax tonight.

1 hit 1 walk and 8 K’s through 4. Twins have now scored 1 run in their last 15 innings.

Amazingly we’re only down by 1 at this juncture and still have 15 outs left at the plate

How can this many hitters be this fucking bad?!?!?!

We get a gifted bases loaded no outs on a walk, HBP and bunt single(great bunt though)

Solano proceeds to flail at everything with a awful AB. Correa at least gets a Sac fly but it was a quick out. Buxton with another absolutely futile AB.

Sale entered with 11.25 era for gods sake. Not one guy can hit the ball hard(aside from maybe Correa).

9/10 if Gray pitches like that he Gives up at least 5 runs and is out by like the 3rd.

Gutsy performance tonight. 5 innings 1 run with like his D+ stuff. Massive.

Just like that it’s a new ballgame kiddo

Excellent- Gray kept us in the game, without his best stuff and the team keeps grinding away, after a 7 time former All Star, has a good outing - not a complete shocker.

Let’s win this, as these are the games elite teams win!

Top Bottom