All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Julien will stay until Polanco returns. Hard to keep him after that unless you have him play 3rd while Miranda plays 1st.
You might be right. But feel like there's a lot of flexibility with the lineups, especially if Buxton can start playing some in CF so you find a way. Certainly could see Miranda playing more 1B now. Julien has played 3B in the past but it's been a few years. I do really like the depth that have right now across the board.

We'll continue to speculate because that's what we do but most of the time there's some unexpected injury that will allow it to all work itself out.

Wow, 1st inning facing German 3 up, 3 whiffs. Julien, Correa nor Buxton even managed to hit a foul ball.

Her
Wow, 1st inning facing German 3 up, 3 whiffs. Julien, Correa nor Buxton even managed to hit a foul ball.
He’s cheating. The umps clearly felt something coming off the mound. Then felt something again going back to the mound to start the 4th. Don’t do anything but talk to him and Rocco gets thrown out.

So who goes down if all these guys come back shortly?

It looks like Wallner has already been sent back to make room for Kepler.

Garlick? Castro? Julien? Varland?

Quietly, this team has put together some pretty good depth.

Yep, Polanco, Kiriloff, and Gallo are all playing now in the minors so will be called up before too long.

Which means Castro, Garlick, and Julien sent down

Will be interesting when Farmer comes back. Gordon is out of options so can't send him down.

The ump also says something like “I can’t have you out here with something on your hands.” Either it’s illegal or it isn’t.

His spin rate did drop after that too.

Part of me wishes the game would get out of hand and the twins put in a position player to pitch. Make it obvious that he’s using some kind of substance as he throws.

Kepler is trying run at the plate but like clockwork hits a grounder to second and double play.
When Gallo returns here shortly, wonder if the twins might send down Kepler instead of Garlick.

On the post-game show the host brought up Jackie Robinson Day with Tim Laudner. He referenced that early in his Twins career that Johnny Podres was their Pitching Coach and a Dodgers teammate of Jackie's, "I believe he threw a no-hitter in the '55 World Series."

Ummm, not exactly. He did win Game 7 to bring Brooklyn their first and only Championship. It was Don Larsen that pitched the no-hitter, for the Yankees against the Dodgers the following year.

can't win them all. for me, story of the game was Mahle not pitching well and then Alcala having a poor outing in relief.

Pablo Lopez facing Cole in Sunday's pitching matchup.

on a side note, did anyone see the box score from that Mets-A's game on Friday?
Mets won 17-6. The Oakland pitching staff allowed 17 ER on 11 hits and 17 Walks. Oakland threw a total of 245 pitches in the game - only 125 for strikes. game time was 3:29.

imagine sitting through that piece of dung.

can't win them all. for me, story of the game was Mahle not pitching well and then Alcala having a poor outing in relief.

Mets won 17-6. The Oakland pitching staff allowed 17 ER on 11 hits and 17 Walks. Oakland threw a total of 245 pitches in the game - only 125 for strikes. game time was 3:29.

Just think how long that game would have been without the pitch clock.

I thought Alcala was going to be a solid bullpen piece, but so far in his career it has just not been there.

So he was given a warning, didn’t comply and then was just warned again. That’s rather nice of them. What’s the point of the first warning then?

I don't get that the first inspection happens after 1st inning. Seems like it gives starters a free shot to do something nefarious. Most relievers only pitch 1 inning anyway.

Excellent article on the whole smear by MLB beat writer Park -

What I don’t understand is why they didn’t make him go wash his hands again. You feel something after the 3rd and tell him to get rid of it. You then feel something before he pitches in the 4th, but you just let him go out and pitch anyway. Either tell him to go wash his hands and reinspect them again or kick him out. You can’t do nothing.

What I don’t understand is why they didn’t make him go wash his hands again. You feel something after the 3rd and tell him to get rid of it. You then feel something before he pitches in the 4th, but you just let him go out and pitch anyway. Either tell him to go wash his hands and reinspect them again or kick him out. You can’t do nothing.
The whole thing makes no sense. The umps actions and words completely contradict each other. They say they don’t think it created an advantage (even though it appears it did) but then make a big stink about it twice. But then doing nothing about it like you said.

Top Bottom