All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Just stop. You’re reaching for something that isn’t there my friend. You have been bitching incessantly about a 9-4 baseball team. End of story.
If you really want examples of “dumb”, siphon through some of your own posts.
Great post!!! Spot on!

Before the series I posted best case scenario is a split. Let's win one more (sweep isn't possible is it?), the crow served will be happily accepted.

Before the series I posted best case scenario is a split. Let's win one more (sweep isn't possible is it?), the crow served will be happily accepted.
It would be a big shot in the arm to come away with either 3 or 4 wins. The mental part would be much easier when playing on the road with these wins.

Interesting stuff!
Unfortunately Elon and company just shut down these type accounts today. They’re hoping to find another way to keep it going. Seems incredibly stupid to keep shutting down account like this that are provided content for your company.

Radio broadcast said this is the first time they’ve won 3 straight (going back to last season) against NY since 2014. Correa was devoid of clutch hits last season, but boy did he come through today. Great win against a great pitcher!

Credit where credit is due, I did not understand signing Solano. But he might be the offensive MVP for me thus far.
Most figured pitching would be improved. Starters have been better than expected, but the key for me has been Lopez. Pretty confident in him, Jax and Duran getting through a lot of 7-8-9s

Credit where credit is due, I did not understand signing Solano. But he might be the offensive MVP for me thus far.
Most figured pitching would be improved. Starters have been better than expected, but the key for me has been Lopez. Pretty confident in him, Jax and Duran getting through a lot of 7-8-9s
Solano has always hit wherever he’s played. Not necessarily a guy you want as a full time starter but a nice utility guy that can hold his own if needing to play every day for awhile.

Also agree on Lopez. He looks great so far. If the pitching staff can stay relatively healthy, this has the chance to be one of the better pitching seasons in awhile.

In former Twins news, Taylor Rogers faced 4 batters and walked 4 batters the other night. Was charged with 4 ER. Yikes, how quickly he fell flat on his face.

Sounds like Kepler could be back as soon as Saturday. Polanco, Kirilloff and Gallo are all playing minor-league rehab games. Losing Farmer hurts, but with a little good fortune, the Twins could be a lot deeper in just a few days.

Being a Twins fans.....I figure that the rug will be pulled at some point. But.....beating the Yankees gives this start a little bit of a different feeling. Hope!

Also....third best run differential in the MLB at +25. Brewers are +34 while the Rays are a mindblowing +68 through 14 games. Runs against only 37. Second to the Rays with 36.

Being a Twins fans.....I figure that the rug will be pulled at some point. But.....beating the Yankees gives this start a little bit of a different feeling. Hope!

Also....third best run differential in the MLB at +25. Brewers are +34 while the Rays are a mindblowing +68 through 14 games. Runs against only 37. Second to the Rays with 36.

Great numbers - Txs!
Love that winning cleans out the negativity and it’s interesting to see which posters go on mute subsequently.

And the off season acquisitions thus far may prove the front office aren’t complete dopey 🤠.

Remember, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
giphy.gif

It's too bad Garlick can't be at the least average against righties. Because he's so good against lefties. But he's so bad against righties it's hard to have him on the roster.

Edit: I'll just add though that if you can position the roster to where he is only needed to play against lefties then I do think he's an asset. But if Buxton isn't playing the field and someone else gets banged up, he's such a liability as an every day player.

Last edited:

Sounds like Kepler could be back as soon as Saturday. Polanco, Kirilloff and Gallo are all playing minor-league rehab games. Losing Farmer hurts, but with a little good fortune, the Twins could be a lot deeper in just a few days.

So who goes down if all these guys come back shortly?

It looks like Wallner has already been sent back to make room for Kepler.

Garlick? Castro? Julien? Varland?

Quietly, this team has put together some pretty good depth.

Hopefully we can get the game in today as as we’re supposed to have thunderstorms this afternoon after near record highs Thursday and Friday.

So who goes down if all these guys come back shortly?

It looks like Wallner has already been sent back to make room for Kepler.

Garlick? Castro? Julien? Varland?

Quietly, this team has put together some pretty good depth.
They will replace Varland with another pitcher. My guess is Winder will come of the IL shortly. But maybe they wait a day or two in case Maeda isn't ready for his next start.

If Julien looks good, they'll find a way to keep him up I'm guessing. Garlick and Castro would be the first two to go. Someone will always be hurt or they'll find an injury of someone not playing well.

They will replace Varland with another pitcher. My guess is Winder will come of the IL shortly. But maybe they wait a day or two in case Maeda isn't ready for his next start.

If Julien looks good, they'll find a way to keep him up I'm guessing. Garlick and Castro would be the first two to go. Someone will always be hurt or they'll find an injury of someone not playing well.
Julien will stay until Polanco returns. Hard to keep him after that unless you have him play 3rd while Miranda plays 1st.

Top Bottom