All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Please don’t stop scoring and making Lynn throw pitches. Too many times the twins score in the first couple of innings and then do nothing for the next 5. That allows the stater to stay in longer and saves the other teams bullpen all while potentially taxing your bullpen.

How good did that have to feel for Buxton.

Julien and Kiriloff are something. They are carrying us.

Love that we stepped right on the White Sox's throat. Don't allow them any thought that they still have hope this season.

Terrible idea. Just let Castro go when Polanco is healthy. The guys 26 and was a cast of from the tigers. He ain’t that good. Polanco has an arm for 2nd not 3rd. Plus you have a better corner outfielder in AAA right now in Larnach to call up if you need to.

How good did that have to feel for Buxton.

Julien and Kiriloff are something. They are carrying us.

Love that we stepped right on the White Sox's throat. Don't allow them any thought that they still have hope this season.
I don't know if it's the Ozzie Guillen days or the black uniforms or what.......they are no threat this year, but I just hate the White Sox.

Terrible idea. Just let Castro go when Polanco is healthy. The guys 26 and was a cast off from the tigers. He ain’t that good. Polanco has an arm for 2nd not 3rd. Plus you have a better corner outfielder in AAA right now in Larnach to call up if you need to.
That doesn’t solve the problem. Both can’t play 2B at the same time. Plus Castro can just flip the ball to Correa to throw to first.

Castro should stay up with the team due to his base stealing.

Last edited:

I don't know if it's the Ozzie Guillen days or the black uniforms or what.......they are no threat this year, but I just hate the White Sox.

Yes. IMO they are baseball's Packers.

Terrible idea. Just let Castro go when Polanco is healthy. The guys 26 and was a cast of from the tigers. He ain’t that good. Polanco has an arm for 2nd not 3rd. Plus you have a better corner outfielder in AAA right now in Larnach to call up if you need to.
Polanco couldn't hack it at Ss

He could have opted out if he wasn’t called up by a certain date.

He could have opted out if he wasn’t called up by a certain date.

I'm a little surprised he didn't. There are plenty of contending teams that are more in need of a starter than the Twins. I'd assume someone would have gladly given him a shot based on his stint with the Saints.

Nice night for Buxton. that does not mean he is "fixed." he is - and I suspect always will be - a very streaky hitter, and fans have to live with that. the hope is that he can make some physical and mental corrections to keep the bad streaks shorter and the good streaks longer.

and I suspect a lot of it comes down to how he feels physically on any given night. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy nut - but I get the sense that Buxton's knee is a lot worse than anyone outside the team really knows.

contrary to what some people think, the people running the Twins are not stupid. they know the Twins are a better team with Buxton in CF. if he was physically capable of playing CF, he would be in CF. the fact that he is not in CF should tell you plenty about the condition of his knee.

The fact he can’t play there even on a limited basis and hasn’t had surgery to correct issues makes it sounds very much like career ending possibilities,

That doesn't help you get Polanco and Julien in the lineup at the same time though... I think Polanco is fine at 3B.

Nice night for Buxton. that does not mean he is "fixed." he is - and I suspect always will be - a very streaky hitter, and fans have to live with that. the hope is that he can make some physical and mental corrections to keep the bad streaks shorter and the good streaks longer.

and I suspect a lot of it comes down to how he feels physically on any given night. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy nut - but I get the sense that Buxton's knee is a lot worse than anyone outside the team really knows.

contrary to what some people think, the people running the Twins are not stupid. they know the Twins are a better team with Buxton in CF. if he was physically capable of playing CF, he would be in CF. the fact that he is not in CF should tell you plenty about the condition of his knee.
It tells me the front office are idiots if they know his knee is bad and still signed him long term.

I think it's clear that Buxton cannot play in the field.

Whether the Twins are smart will be determined by how they adapt to this situation (a world where Buxton cannot play in the field).

Why does Vazquez keep starting 50% of the games?? This dude sucks.

He repeatedly does stupid shit defensively as well. Just handed the White Sox a run.

Sonny also needs to figure things out but wow tough when your catcher is a total liability.

It tells me the front office are idiots if they know his knee is bad and still signed him long term.
He signed in late 2021 and his knee issues really came about during the 2022 season.

It was a no-brainer deal for the Twins, he’s the 82nd highest paid player this year and probably not even top 150 by the end of the contract. The injury is unfortunate though.

Sonny finished strong.

We had Cease on the ropes Julian swung at ball 4 then AK and Kepler went down on 3 pitches. Now he may stay in.

Why does Vazquez keep starting 50% of the games?? This dude sucks.

He repeatedly does stupid shit defensively as well. Just handed the White Sox a run.

Sonny also needs to figure things out but wow tough when your catcher is a total liability.

Well reverse Jinx worked for vazquez once in a month.

Great AB by Michael A

Fouled off a 3-2 pitch that was probably ball 4 but this ump like most blows so he had to swing.

Then lines next one up the middle.

Classic Jax bad luck

Robert rolls a weak grounder down 1st for a double cause we had AK shading way over.

I will never understand how a professional hitter can just stand there as a fastball goes right down the middle on a 3-2 count.

Top Bottom