All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Twins Off-Season Thread

Short term, I think it's going to be way more than a $10million hit next year.

But they won't be alone, half the league or more is going to have issues. It's got to impact the overall market somehow.
Hard to say anything for sure but I don't think it will be that bad. They will control all ad revenue including pregame and post-game etc. The teams currently getting $100 million are the ones that will see bigger impacts imo

Hard to say anything for sure but I don't think it will be that bad. They will control all ad revenue including pregame and post-game etc. The teams currently getting $100 million are the ones that will see bigger impacts imo
Very true on the hard to say aspect. I envision 1st year distribution of such games being rather problematic.

Hopefully the Victory Sports experience will not be even remotely repeated, but it's such a different landscape I don't have any idea how appropriate that comparison is.

Very true on the hard to say aspect. I envision 1st year distribution of such games being rather problematic.

Hopefully the Victory Sports experience will not be even remotely repeated, but it's such a different landscape I don't have any idea how appropriate that comparison is.
The Padres/MLB were able to get pretty good distribution with days notice it seems. They were on DirecTV and at least some SD area cable.

They only count for 1 run each but the bombs Schwarber & Harper just hit were moon shots. No need for launch angle or velo analysis.

Jeff Hoffman was a signed by the twins and released on the 28th of March. He is now gonna be getting outs in the World Series.

Jeff Hoffman was a signed by the twins and released on the 28th of March. He is now gonna be getting outs in the World Series.
Falvey has shown a good ability to find the gem at the rummage sale. And then throw it out during Spring Training and let the neighbors end up getting rich on Antique Road Show.

Falvey has shown a good ability to find the gem at the rummage sale. And then throw it out during Spring Training and let the neighbors end up getting rich on Antique Road Show.
Sometimes. This was not a shot at the front office it was just a side note.

LaVelle E. Neal III has a column in the Strib about Buxton.

a couple of interesting notes:

The search began Oct. 13 when he underwent another surgery on his right knee at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. A source close to Buxton said on Friday that his knee already feels better than it did during the regular season. He hopes to be cleared for baseball-related activities in November.

So surgery was the first step. Twins medical maven Dr. Chris Camp conducted the procedure. The Star Tribune reported that it was to treat fat pad syndrome irritation. A Twins official this week also referred to a plica cleanup in the area.

There was scarring from the 2022 surgery that doctors believe led to the irritation Buxton battled with throughout the season. The plica and the fat pad are in the same area. Doctors were pleased to find that the surgery Buxton had last year is in good shape.

Buxton, the Twins hope, will be better off next season from being a year removed from the initial surgery and having the scarring addressed.

Mitch Garver having a big game at the plate. 3-4 (HR, Double, Single) with 2 runs and 2 RBIs. Looking good for a game seven. Hope the Rangers take out the Astros.

With the Rangers forcing a Game 7, crazy that the Astros are now 1-4 in the postseason at Minute Maid Park, but 5-0 on the road.

One would think the road team winning each time in a 7 game series has never occurred, but it did in the WS just 4 years ago. The Astros lost to the Nationals in 7. On the bump for the Nats was Max Scherzer. He got a No Decision throwing 5 innings as Washington finished the comeback both in the game and for the hunk of metal.

Rangers & Astros tied in the AL West standings. All knotted up after 6 more. Game on.

The Rangers complete the "road wins only" series. Amazing how bad Houston has been at home this season.

From a like/dislike standpoint, I want Arizona to win tonight. From a best baseball matchup, Texas-Philadelphia would be fun to watch.

Twins prospect Kala'i Rosario is on a tear. after a slow start in the Arizona Fall League, Rosario has hit 5 HR in his last 8 games. he is tied for the league lead in HR.

Rosario was the MVP in the Midwest League in 2023, leading the league with 21 HR and 94 RBI. He has played all 3 OF positions.

I'm guessing he starts the '24 season at Wichita.

Twins prospect Kala'i Rosario is on a tear. after a slow start in the Arizona Fall League, Rosario has hit 5 HR in his last 8 games. he is tied for the league lead in HR.

Rosario was the MVP in the Midwest League in 2023, leading the league with 21 HR and 94 RBI. He has played all 3 OF positions.

I'm guessing he starts the '24 season at Wichita.
Eddies bro?

Corbin Carroll is a hell of a player. Drafted 3 spots after the Twins pick in 2019. They took Keoni Cavaco, who was batting under .200 at Class A ball at last check.

Bryson Stott who is also playing in this game for the Phillies was taken one pick after Cavaco. What a bad pick that was. At least they ended up taking Wallner with their next pick. They also took Spencer Steer in the 3rd round of that draft.

so no repair needed of the labrum or rotator cuff for Kirilloff. that should mean a shorter recovery time.

FWIW - I still think the Doctor's name should be Dr. Re-attach.

Top Bottom