All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

KAT with a really bad half.

Why single him out? McDaniels is the only Timberwolve who didn't have a bad first half. 2nd game of a back to back and the Wolves don't seem to have their legs.

Williams hit a 30 footer at the buzzer to give Memphis a 53-50 lead at the Half.

Memphis has a bad record and they looked bad in their last gamer but before that they lost to the Clippers by 6 and beat the Bucks and the Rockets.

Minnesota needs to come out with a lot more fire and get their heads straight to get this game back.

Timberwolves wins over Memphis 110-101. they now 42-17. 42 wins. They would need to go 18-5 the rest of the way to wins 60 games. Not sure they can do it.

Anthony Edwards, Timberwolves take one half to get untracked before polishing off Grizzlies

Anthony Edwards played 40 minutes in the second game of a back-to-back and had 25 of his 34 points in the second half to lead the Wolves to their seventh win in their past eight games.

There are times the Timberwolves can win games when Anthony Edwards doesn't play all that well. Their defense is good enough to carry them, and some nights others can pick up the slack on offense.

Wednesday was not one of those nights. When Edwards looked disengaged, the Wolves did as a whole. But when he finally locked in, so too did the Wolves.

Coach Chris Finch sensed this too, as he sent Edwards out there for 40 minutes on the tail night of a back to back. The Wolves needed every second Edwards could give them in a 110-101 win over the Grizzlies.

Edwards had 25 of his 34 points in the second half to lead the Wolves to their seventh win in their last eight games..

But after Edwards drove for a dunk with 1 minute, 31 seconds to play to give the Wolves a 108-101 lead, the scare of an upset was over. Naz Reid provided a needed 19 points off the bench as he had his second straight strong offensive night. Jaden McDaniels snapped out of a recent funk with 12 points and some key defensive possessions late, like when he forced Santi Aldama into an eight-second violation.

The Wolves, including Edwards, were slow getting into the night as they fell behind 14-0 at the start. Edwards started the night 1-for-5. But Karl-Anthony Towns [13 points] hit three threes for nine points in the quarter while Reid had four threes in the first half as the Wolves went into the locker room down 53-50..

Timberwolves wins over Memphis 110-101. they now 42-17. 42 wins. They would need to go 18-5 the rest of the way to wins 60 games. Not sure they can do it.
They have a really tough road schedule plus Denver on the back end of two BtB's. I think they will get to 55. Agree that 60 is a stretch. I don't think 55 wins gets them the #1 seed. OKC has forgotten how to lose.

Probably not. With the Wolves leading the West, setting aside the Celtics, everybody else will have to win at that clip or better to get to 60.

Do you have anybody getting there?

OKC @ San Antonio tonight
Miami @ Denver

Holmgren and Wembenyama are body clones.

Last edited:

On a side note, I heard the leading candidates for two expansion teams are Las Vegas and Seattle. I guess that would probably send us and Memphis into the Eastern conference. I think I’d be okay with it. Milwaukee, Chicago and Detroit could develop into better regional rivals. Sorry if this has already been discussed, I haven’t been active in this thread recently.

On a side note, I heard the leading candidates for two expansion teams are Las Vegas and Seattle. I guess that would probably send us and Memphis into the Eastern conference. I think I’d be okay with it. Milwaukee, Chicago and Detroit could develop into better regional rivals. Sorry if this has already been discussed, I haven’t been active in this thread recently.
I think it would be only one team that goes to the east.

Right now, 15 +15 = 30.

2 new teams. 32 = 16 +16

Seems like MN makes the most sense. Memphis is a lot closer to Houston, Dallas, NO, SA, then MN is to OKC, DEN, Portland, and Utah.

Wonder if they would go back to 2 divisions in each conference

Memphis
Houston
Dallas
NO
SA
OKC
DEN
UTAH

PHO
LAL
LAC
Seattle
Las Vegas
Portland
Sac
GSW

Minnesota
Milwaukee
Cleveland
Detroit
Chicago
Toronto
Indiana
Brooklyn

New York
Boston
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Charlotte
Washington
Miami
Orlando

Could swap Brooklyn with someone else, so they could be with the Knicks, I just dont know who that would be.

NO makes more sense. The Saints are in a division with a Florida, Georgia and NC team. Moving the basketball team to a division with teams from those states makes decent rivalries.

NO makes more sense. The Saints are in a division with a Florida, Georgia and NC team. Moving the basketball team to a division with teams from those states makes decent rivalries.
Disagree. Rivalries in the NBA really only come from from late playoff runs, not geography.

Nba will put more weight in travel than a potential geographic rivalry. NO plays next to a state with 3 teams

Watched the start of the OKC @ SA, tuned out and caught about the last 5 minutes. Wemby with a couple huge 3 pointers at the end. One was really deep. Also an excellent block of Holmgren. Good finish. Spurs were really, really happy. Thank you San Antonio.

Last edited:

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAMEPOSEST. RETURN DATESTATUSCOMMENT
Kyle AndersonSFMar 1Day-To-DayFeb 29: Anderson (knee) is doubtful for Friday's game against the Kings.
Anthony EdwardsSGMar 1Day-To-DayFeb 29: Edwards (ankle) is questionable for Friday's game against the Kings.

i
Sacramento Kings

NAMEPOSEST. RETURN DATESTATUSCOMMENT
De'Aaron FoxPGMar 1Day-To-DayMar 1: Fox (knee) participated in Friday's shootaround, Chris Biderman of The Sacramento Bee reports.

Just heard on Around The Horn, that Wemby just had the best statistical month by an NBA center, since the Dream in 1983, which was in his prime.

I hope Ant and the boys don’t doodle too much, as they’re up against the Wemby 🪟 , moving forward 🕰️

Last edited:

Just heard on Around The Horn, that Wemby just had the best statistical month by an NBA center, since the Dream in 1983, which was in his prime.

I hope Ant and the boys don’t doodle too much, as they’re up against the Wemby 🪟 , moving forward 🕰️
I always marvel at how he stands next to Rudy on the free throw line and makes Rudy look like a midget. It's just unreal.

I think it would be only one team that goes to the east.

Right now, 15 +15 = 30.

2 new teams. 32 = 16 +16

Seems like MN makes the most sense. Memphis is a lot closer to Houston, Dallas, NO, SA, then MN is to OKC, DEN, Portland, and Utah.

Wonder if they would go back to 2 divisions in each conference

Memphis
Houston
Dallas
NO
SA
OKC
DEN
UTAH

PHO
LAL
LAC
Seattle
Las Vegas
Portland
Sac
GSW

Minnesota
Milwaukee
Cleveland
Detroit
Chicago
Toronto
Indiana
Brooklyn

New York
Boston
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Charlotte
Washington
Miami
Orlando

Could swap Brooklyn with someone else, so they could be with the Knicks, I just dont know who that would be.
Could see Philly maybe instead of either NY team but there's not a perfect fit.

Per the other response, think NO would stay West with Mavs, OKC, Spurs and Houston right nearby.

30-22 Sacramento after 1. Edwards has been completely irrelevant so far.

60-59 Kings at the end of the 1st Half. Edwards finally woke-up with 5 minutes left and played well after that.

Sabonis just does whatever he wants every flipping time we play them.

71-65 Kings. Edwards is gone for the rest of the game and Conley just turned his ankle.

Can we get this McDaniels every single night?

Going into overtime tied at 115.

Gobert, Towns and Sabonis all have 5 fouls.

Last edited:

Top Bottom