All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Good to see Edwards starting the 3rd.

Last edited:

Not to be "old man yelling at clouds guy" but allowing one team to wear black (Spurs) and the other to wear dark blue (Wolves) is really stupid.

Differentiating one team from the other is challenging.

MINNEAPOLIS -- — Anthony Edwards scored 34 points, returning from an injury scare right before halftime, and the Minnesota Timberwolves beat the San Antonio Spurs 114-105 on Tuesday night without All-Star Karl-Anthony Towns.

Towns missed the game due to personal reasons. Earlier in the day, Towns memorialized a high school teammate on Instagram. Minnesota coach Chris Finch said before the game that he hoped Towns would only miss one game.

Rudy Gobert, back after missing a game with a left ankle sprain, added 13 points and 17 rebounds for the Timberwolves in his latest matchup with fellow French countryman Victor Wembanyama.

Wembanyama had 17 points and 13 rebounds as San Antonio lost its fifth in a row and 12 of its past 13 games. Wembanyama scored eight points in just over five minutes to open the game but didn’t score again until a 3 with 2:55 left in the third quarter.

Naz Reid added 22 points off the bench for Minnesota, which has won six of seven and started the day tied with the Oklahoma City Thunder atop the Western Conference at 40-17..

Conley and Reid shot the ball really well tonight. A combined 14 for 20 and 5 for 8 on 3’s
Conley with 0 turnovers in his 20 minutes.
OKC and Houston close in the 2nd period

Not to be "old man yelling at clouds guy" but allowing one team to wear black (Spurs) and the other to wear dark blue (Wolves) is really stupid.

Differentiating one team from the other is challenging.
I’m going to 🥚 your house on Halloween 🎃

I think it's interesting that they basically lay out weeks in advance what uniform they wear each night (it's on the website they're wearing the dark blue again tonight).
I'm superstitious, I'd let they team play dictate uniforms, but it doesn't work that way.

I'm just looking out for the folks that still have black and white tvs.

There has to be a couple of Wolves fans still with b/w that were even more challenged than I was last night.
You’re going to be a great oldster.

Which path are you on?

1709132639393.jpeg

OR

1709132930703.jpeg

Last night I’m watching and Wemby hits a 3. Think to myself “dang, nice having a big guy like that hitting a 3”. My dumba$$ forgot, just for a moment, Towns and Reid.
But that play that Wemby almost completed would have been quite the highlight. Driving from top of the key, goes behind the back, throws it up against the glass, grabs it and just misses the shot.

Injury report for tonight's game at Target Center.

i
Memphis Grizzlies

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Luke Kennard
SG
OUTMar 1
John Konchar
SG
GTDFeb 28

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Karl-Anthony Towns
C
GTDFeb 28
Kyle Anderson
SF
OUTFeb 28

I wonder if KA's hamstring injury will lead to minutes for Minott or Miller that don't come in garbage time

Apparently KAT is going to play tonight. That's good with a couple of the big guns questionable in Edwards and Gobert. Memphis has nothing left, but it's a back-to-back for the Wolves and they've had a bad habit for playing down to competition (not so much this year).

Timberwolves down 14-0 and they just scores there 1st points on a 3 pointer.

Top Bottom