All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Wolves have to sign a full time player by Feb 22.

Any guess on who it will be?

I think they sign some schmuck to a 10 day while waiting for the buyouts to materialize
Marcus Morris is the name being thrown around.

I wouldn't mind Joe Harris if Morris doesn't work out.

Hoping Karl-Anthony Towns doesn’t have a shoulder injury from 35 attempts in 28 minutes. Even in an NBA all star game, that’s incredible.
He took 35 shots coming off the bench. The next closest western player was Steph curry with 17 shots.

It doesn't seem like a good look.

I didn't watch a second of it, but man...................

He took 35 shots coming off the bench. The next closest western player was Steph curry with 17 shots.

It doesn't seem like a good look.

I didn't watch a second of it, but man...................
There was less defense than you and I playing one on one. KAT came across as the only guy that cared surrounded by 23 guys that didn't. Only four (4) guys have ever scored 50 or more in an ASG. Tatum took 31 shots last year and was hailed as a hero. KAT can do no right for many.

Last edited:

There was less defense than you and I playing one on one. KAT came across as the only guy that cared surrounded by 23 guys that didn't. Only four (4) guys have ever scored 50 or more in an ASG. Tatum took 31 shots year and was hailed as a hero. KAT can do no right for many.
Agree.
I only watched clips and from that you are 100% correct about the defense.
Excited about this upcoming home stand.

There was less defense than you and I playing one on one. KAT came across as the only guy that cared surrounded by 23 guys that didn't. Only four (4) guys have ever scored 50 or more in an ASG. Tatum took 31 shots last year and was hailed as a hero. KAT can do no right for many.
I didn't watch a second of it, but it seems weird is all.

Awesome deal for both parties. I thought around $15 a year was going to be the deal.
I don't know how the extension impacts the salary cap but the deal appears to be a very good value for both parties. If all goes well, by the second year of the extension Conley will give the wolves an excellent 15 or so minutes off the bench. As for Conley, there are very few 38 year old guys still playing, much less making $10.5M. Win-Win.

I don't know how the extension impacts the salary cap but the deal appears to be a very good value for both parties. If all goes well, by the second year of the extension Conley will give the wolves an excellent 15 or so minutes off the bench. As for Conley, there are very few 38 year old guys still playing, much less making $10.5M. Win-Win.
When you think about how much guys like Tyus Jones will get this off-season, this seems like an absolute steal. His leadership and maturity alone are worth half of what he signed for.

Hoping Karl-Anthony Towns doesn’t have a shoulder injury from 35 attempts in 28 minutes. Even in an NBA all star game, that’s incredible.
Ice goes crazy on me once or twice a year for no logical reason. Now I'm going to give him one. I'm deeply embarrassed to admit that I watched the ASG for six or seven running minutes last night. Long enough for KAT to get off about 40 shots. It was an embarrassment. I'm embarrassed that I attached my eyeballs for a few minutes to that sorry spectacle. I can promise you that it won't happen again. Ever.

Have at it, ice. I deserve it.

Nice long rest. NBA kicks off again tonight, but the Wolves get another night off. Milwaukee has lost 5 of their last 7 and 7 of their last 10. Maybe Doc wasn’t the answer? (Edwards with only 4 turnovers in the last 4 games.)

Nice long rest. NBA kicks off again tonight, but the Wolves get another night off. Milwaukee has lost 5 of their last 7 and 7 of their last 10. Maybe Doc wasn’t the answer? (Edwards with only 4 turnovers in the last 4 games.)
Games start again on Thursday. The wolves play Friday night.

Games start again on Thursday. The wolves play Friday night.
YES!! My apologies. Looked at the schedule and was too dumb to realize that I was looking at Thursday’s games!!
Way, way, way ahead of myself.
(Can’t fix stupid, I guess.)

Doc is one of the worst coaches and always finds a new gig.

Doesn't look like he's played much in the last 3-4 years so my guess is he'll be gone after the 10 day contract.
He's an undersized stretch 4 who was ever only a good shooter in theory. He also doesn't handle the ball well enough to get his own shot.

Doc is one of the worst coaches and always finds a new gig.
An NBA coach who wins a championship is sort of like a golfer who wins a major on the PGA tour. I think the golfer gets a lifetime exemption from having to qualify for major tournaments. The championship winning coach will land head coaching gigs long after he has lost his effectiveness in the locker room and on the sideline. Doc is still floating on the fumes of his 2008 title.

An NBA coach who wins a championship is sort of like a golfer who wins a major on the PGA tour. I think the golfer gets a lifetime exemption from having to qualify for major tournaments. The championship winning coach will land head coaching gigs long after he has lost his effectiveness in the locker room and on the sideline. Doc is still floating on the fumes of his 2008 title.
Exactly! I think this will be it for him though as the fumes are dissipating quickly now.

Doesn't look like he's played much in the last 3-4 years so my guess is he'll be gone after the 10 day contract.
He's gone for sure if they get the other Morris. He might stick a while if no Morris and he hits a few 3's.

Top Bottom