All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Wolves play in Portland tonight and again Thursday both at 9:00 our time.

Wanted to keep an eye on Morris, but really only caught his play in the 1st half. Box score showing no turnovers, that’s good. Looked okay the little I watched him play. Fell asleep for a while right after that horrendous turnover by NAW at the end of the 2nd period and resulting 3 pointer by Harden. Woke up to a sizable lead in the 3rd.
Morris was out there a lot with Conley on the floor. I liked it.

The wolves matchup well with the Clippers. They have star players, but none of them are what you would call explosive. They are somewhat guard able with our size.

I almost thing we are in their heads a little. That's 4 in a row.

Leonard really did throw down a couple right at the end of the 1st period.
Watched a little as I was having trouble sleeping, taped it, do I can enjoy some action today.

The announcers were enamored of McDaniels and he had a sweet block of Kwahi going for a dunk.

That's the problem for many of us when they play at late night game out West. We go to sleep by the Half. Last night it looked like they wouldn't get their 4th win in a row against the world beaters in L.A. When we went to sleep, the Wolves were down by 4.

If someone only got to see the 2nd Half of the game you'd have thought that the Wolves, even without the great Walter Kessler, are by far the best team in the Western Conference.

"A smile creased Rudy Gobert’s face as Bally Sports North sideline reporter Lea B. Olsen told him that she could see the LA Clippers hesitating to shoot the ball as they got into the paint to find him lurking near the rim.

“As they should,” Gobert told her. “As they should.”

Last edited:

I stayed up to watch the whole thing. The wolves dominate when they move the ball. Last night was like watching the Nov-Dec wolves. I'll be happy with a split in Portland. Awfully tough to beat any NBA team back to back on its home court.

I'm super happy for Amir Coffey. To go from undrafted to a rotation player on a top 3-4 NBA team is a big deal.

Morris was out there a lot with Conley on the floor. I liked it.

The wolves matchup well with the Clippers. They have star players, but none of them are what you would call explosive. They are somewhat guard able with our size.

I almost thing we are in their heads a little. That's 4 in a row.
For a short stretch in the first half he had Conley, Morris, Edwards, McDaniels and Gobert. It was 43-36 when he went to that lineup. Think he wanted to see if he could go small. Gave up 5 points and brought KAT in for Morris when it got to 43-41

For a short stretch in the first half he had Conley, Morris, Edwards, McDaniels and Gobert. It was 43-36 when he went to that lineup. Think he wanted to see if he could go small. Gave up 5 points and brought KAT in for Morris when it got to 43-41

Yep, and that group scored 4 points and gave up 12. Momentum is really a thing in the NBA isn't it?

Turning a 2pt lead into a 4 point deficit. Then at the Half, Finch & Gobert told Edwards that he should make an adjustment.

“We got Jaden and Rudy, so pretty much let Jaden do what he do and send them down to Big Ru,” Edwards said of their defensive philosophy.

McDaniels turned in one of his best performances of the season. He scored 11 points on 5-of-8 shooting and toggled defensively between Harden, George and Leonard.

Last edited:

I stayed up to watch the whole thing. The wolves dominate when they move the ball. Last night was like watching the Nov-Dec wolves. I'll be happy with a split in Portland. Awfully tough to beat any NBA team back to back on its home court.

I'm super happy for Amir Coffey. To go from undrafted to a rotation player on a top 3-4 NBA team is a big deal.
He keeps getting incrementally better. If he can play well next season, he should earn one more multi-year deal worth a little more than he makes right now.

He's almost set for life with his current deal. Those California taxes sap a lot of earnings. One more good deal, and he will be.

That's the problem for many of us when they play at late night game out West. We go to sleep by the Half. Let's night it looked like they wouldn't get their 4th win in a row against the world beaters in L.A. When we went to sleep, the Wolves were down by 4.

If someone only got to see the 2nd Half of the game you'd have thought that the Wolves, even without the great Walter Kessler, are by far the best team in the Western Conference.

"A smile creased Rudy Gobert’s face as Bally Sports North sideline reporter Lea B. Olsen told him that she could see the LA Clippers hesitating to shoot the ball as they got into the paint to find him lurking near the rim.

I like Rudy’s personality - confident about his abilities and checking his guys when they play soft, as per the your previous post. You can say those things if you’re a three time D player of the year and Ant and KAT will listen, he’s earned it, he has that gravitas.

Those are intangibles which winning teams need. That’s why Mahomes is so special, he’s such a good leader, in
addition to his physical abilities. Big Perk, who I like, said on NBA Today, the Wolves don’t get the respect they deserve and are a legit title contender because of their D, which is predicated on Rudy being the anchor, unless I’m missing something.

Nice stretch in the 3rd period as far as game score for Morris.
Enters for Conley with Wolves up 67-64
Plays the rest of the period (5:51) score goes to 89-72
Not bad.

That's the problem for many of us when they play at late night game out West. We go to sleep by the Half. Let's night it looked like they wouldn't get their 4th win in a row against the world beaters in L.A. When we went to sleep, the Wolves were down by 4.

The "Great Walker Kessler" had 9 boards, 10 points and four blocks last night in 25 minutes. Don't know how many Big Ru flexes he did. :)

Checked the score this morning and had to blink a couple times. Suns, Warriors, Mavs, Kings, Pels also stepping up. The West is insane.

Wolves play in Portland tonight and again Thursday both at 9:00 our time.
Next 3 games are 9pm starts. Those two, and then at 9pm, at Target Center, when they return from the break on Friday the 23rd to face the Bucks. They play the Nets at home next Saturday at 8pm. Feel bad for the "early to bed" folks.

The "Great Walter Kessler" had 9 boards, 10 points and four blocks last night in 25 minutes. Don't know how many Big Ru flexes he did. :)

Rudy had 17 pts., 10 rebounds and 4 blocks. The Timberwolves won by 21 and Kessler's Utah Jazz lost by 22.

Wally probably did zero flexes. Shouldn't be doing that when you are getting your ass kicked.🤔

Last edited:

Probably no flexes. Shouldn't be doing that when you are getting your ass kicked.

Rudy had 17 pts., 10 rebounds and 4 blocks. The Timberwolves won by 21 and Kessler's Utah Jazz lost by 22.

Wally probably did zero flexes. Shouldn't be doing that when you are getting your ass kicked.🤔
The Great WK would have Ant, KAT, Jaden and Naz plus possibly Conley and NAW around him. Add in $38M in salary for additional talent plus a 2023 1st round pick. He's not getting his ass kicked and he's Big Ru flexing for years to come.

Love the year that the wolves and Rudy are having. If the wolves win a championship the trade will have been worth the long term consequences of the deal. Short of that, it's a mistake. As KAT said after the deal was announced: "Championship or bust."

The Great WK would have Ant, KAT, Jaden and Naz plus possibly Conley and NAW around him. Add in $38M in salary for additional talent plus a 2023 1st round pick. He's not getting his ass kicked and he's Big Ru flexing for years to come.

Love the year that the wolves and Rudy are having. If the wolves win a championship the trade will have been worth the long term consequences of the deal. Short of that, it's a mistake. As KAT said after the deal was announced: "Championship or bust."

Quoting Towns? The guy you've been begging to be traded for years now?

Yeah, we all get it.

Edwards says Rudy is the best defender in the league.

Towns says that Rudy often is the Great Eraser.

Opposing Coaches say they have to adjust their Offense when Gobert is in there.

Finch says that Gobert is a great team leader. A guy who the others will and do listen to.

Jamiche says the Wolves will never win or draft well but without the Gobert trade they would have suddenly gotten better at both!

Jamiche mainly says that he hates the ownership and that's the only purpose of his posts.

Last edited:

The "Great Walker Kessler" had 9 boards, 10 points and four blocks last night in 25 minutes. Don't know how many Big Ru flexes he did. :)
Wolves have the best team defense rating, per the NBA.com, with 5 of the top ten players, including Ru; Jazz aren’t in the top 10 as a team, nor are any Jazz players, including the Wonderful Walker.

I don’t know much, but D travels and if the other team scores less than your team, they win, that’s good for a deep playoff run.

Last edited:

I'll give you credit for this - you're consistent with your terrible takes and lack of basketball knowledge. You'll never admit you're wrong even when you constantly are.

Next 3 games are 9pm starts. Those two, and then at 9pm, at Target Center, when they return from the break on Friday the 23rd to face the Bucks. They play the Nets at home next Saturday at 8pm. Feel bad for the "early to bed" folks.

No problem. If they are comfortably ahead at the Half or end-up winning nobody should care that they missed the 2nd Half.

If they lose people will be here complaining about them whether they saw the whole game or not.

No problem. If they are comfortably ahead at the Half or end-up winning nobody should care that they missed the 2nd Half.

If they lose people will be here complaining about them whether they saw the whole game or not.
I rarely punch out before 11 anyway, so it doesn't affect me. I don't have to share the "good" TV for those games either. If Gopher football happens to kick off at 9:30 out at the Rose Bowl this fall, that's fine by me.

Injury report for tonight's game in Portland

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Anthony Edwards
SG
GTDFeb 13
Jaden McDaniels
PF
GTDFeb 13
Wendell Moore Jr.
G
GTDFeb 13

i
Portland Trail Blazers

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Duop Reath
C
GTDFeb 13
Anfernee Simons
SG
GTDFeb 13
Scoot Henderson
G
GTDFeb 13
Malcolm Brogdon
PG
OUTFeb 25
Shaedon Sharpe
SG

Quoting Towns? The guy you've been begging to be traded for years now?

Yeah, we all get it.

Edwards says Rudy is the best defender in the league.

Towns says that Rudy often is the Great Eraser.

Opposing Coaches say they have to adjust their Offense when Gobert is in there.

Finch says that Gobert is a great team leader. A guy who the others will and do listen to.

Jamiche says the Wolves will never win or draft well but without the Gobert trade they would have suddenly gotten better at both!

Jamiche mainly says that he hates the ownership and that's the only purpose of his posts.
Chill out, ice.

For years you said I wanted the franchise moved.

Now you are saying I want KAT traded.

Now you say that I say the wolves never draft well even though they drafted Ant, McDaniels and "The Great WK." And you wonder why I advocate hanging on to draft picks.

Do you shoot that many airballs in real life?

Chill out, ice.

For years you said I wanted the franchise moved.- That was a shot at you because all you did was constantly complain about their ownership. My response was so you want them to just leave. Those were also the days when you denied they were going to leave because the league wouldn't let them! Then that morphed into they weren't gonna go to Seattle because of the league money and now you've got them going to Mexico instead!:cool03:

Now you are saying I want KAT traded. -:blah: You're trying to lie about that now too? You constantly complained about his complaining and wanted him traded. Again and again and again. Now you've erased that from your memory bank.😀

Now you say that I say the wolves never draft well even though they drafted Ant, McDaniels and "The Great WK." And you wonder why I advocate hanging on to draft picks. Now you're saying you've never complained about the Wolves draft picks? This is a bit right?

Last edited:

Ha! Good thing Edwards decided he could play.

Nice to get that front end of this back to back away games at Portland. Should be able to get both but certainly not a gimmie.

Bad game for McDaniels, 24 minutes, 0 points, 2 rebounds.

But ANT was fantastic, just a pleasure to watch.

Howl Wolves!!

Wolves 121 Portland 108

Watched and/or listened and followed the whole game. Eye got tired and had to switch at Halftime. Glad I couldn't watch that 3rd Quarter! Though wish I could have seen the 4th. It was 113-94 with 3:30 left in the game when Finch emptied the bench. Yes, great game for Edwards, very good game for Alexander-Walker and Gobert. Good game for Anderson too. Reid had a rough start but turned it around.

MCDaniels was godawful. Conley also had pretty bad game as did Towns. KAT got into foul trouble Though but did get to the line and went 8-8.

OKC and Phoenix both won last night. Wolves are now a game ahead of OKC, 2 games ahead of the Clippers and Denver and 6 games in front of the Suns.

Edwards has 41 and the Timberwolves win the first of 2 against the Blazers 121-109

PORTLAND, Ore. -- — Anthony Edwards didn't think he could play against the Trail Blazers. Then he scored 41 points.

Edwards shook off the right knee soreness that he felt going into Tuesday night's game at Portland and helped lead the Minnesota Timberwolves to a 121-109 victory.

“At the last second I was like, 'I'm going to try it out,' because I wasn't going to go tonight,” Edwards said. “But like I said, at the last second I was 'I'm gonna try it out, see how I feel,' and it felt good.”

Rudy Gobert added 16 points and 15 rebounds for his sixth straight double-double. Karl-Anthony Towns, who had foul trouble early, finished with 13 points for the Western Conference-leading Timberwolves...

2. Minnesota Timberwolves
2023-24 record: 38-16

• Previous ranking: 6
    gn-arrow.png
  • Next games: @ POR (Feb. 15), vs. MIL (Feb. 23), vs. BKN (Feb. 24), vs. SA (Feb. 27)
The Wolves are back on top of the Western Conference by a game after a pair of road wins. Minnesota won in Milwaukee and picked up a dominant 21-point victory over the Clippers on Monday in Los Angeles. The Wolves have 12 wins this season by at least 20 points and own the most road wins in the league with 18. -- Collier

Reactions: Rex

Top Bottom