All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

The Connelly extension was smart. However, that contract seems to mean Connelly will be a good backup PG who plays 15-20 minutes a game. Who is going to start?

The Connelly extension was smart. However, that contract seems to mean Connelly will be a good backup PG who plays 15-20 minutes a game. Who is going to start?
Of course Connelly will be starting.

Kyle Anderson need to be gone tomorrow morning. I can no longer take him on this team. The Wolves are worst when he on the floor. Get him out of this game and don't bring him back in.

24-20 Bucks with 2 minutes left in the 1st Quarter. Brook Lopez has half of the Bucks points. The Wolves? They have been playing some very sloppy basketball

Everywhere around the NBA "experts" are saying "See!. The Wolves really are bad!"

Bucks 31 - Wolves 27 after the 1st Quarter. Wolves were awful from the floor, the free throw line and in handling the ball. What they did well was rebound.

And that was about it.

Crowder pulls Ant's arm out, laughs about it and since that point Edwards has been awful. Finch should get him outta there.

Our little buddy was horrific again tonight. 2 points and 1 rebound to go along with 5 fouls. Half those fouls are always, what the hell are you thinking fouls. It gives the Bucks free throws or gets them closer to shooting them.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

There are no words anymore. Minott will get you 10 points and 8 boards if you play him.

Last edited:

Plenty of problems tonight.
Not quite sure Kyle Anderson cracks the top 10.
Anderson was 4 of 4 for 8 points, with 6 assists.

He was +9 on the night.

I'd start him over you know who and see if that lights a fire under his ass.

I hope he's not starting at age 38. He should be a very high quality backup at that point and the salary slot is in line with that role. This gives the wolves two years to figure the position out.

Our little buddy was horrific again tonight. 2 points and 1 rebound to go along with 5 fouls. Half those fouls are always, what the hell are you thinking fouls. It gives the Bucks free throws or gets them closer to shooting them.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

There are no words anymore. Minott will get you 10 points and 8 boards if you play him.
He got the five fouls because he was mostly guarding Giannis, who is a freight train with one move who gets every call. That part of his game was predictable and understandable. The 2 pmts and 1 board sucked.

Reid, McDaniel and Alexander-Walker were the problem in the Wolves 112-97 loss to the Bucks last night. They were all bad, but If you only read the box score, you might think they were the main problem. They weren't. Anthony Edwards was.

He was awful for half the game at least. He started out playing the same way he did in the All Star game. All show and no substance. He disappeared in the 3rd Quarter but showed up about midway in the 4th and helped get them make it a close game.

This was after Monte Morris and Kyle Anderson did the heavy lifting closing the deficit left after 3. Towns, Gobert and for chunk of the game Conley, all played well. McDaniels and Edwards did not. At least when it counted.

Crowder did hurt Edwards and that did hurt his game. Finch should have pulled him then rather that waiting and watching Ant try to throw the game away.

Timberwolves return from All-Star break with 112-107 loss to Bucks

The Wolves were outscored 36-13 in the third quarter and could not fully recover the rest of the way.

Call it the Cabo effect.

The Timberwolves came back from the All-Star break and looked like they left their offense on the various beaches they frequented over the last week at times during a 112-107 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks.

This was especially true during an abysmal third quarter Friday night at Target Center in which the Bucks outscored the Wolves 36-13. The Wolves had just as many turnovers as made baskets (six) and shot just 26% on the night. After the game, Anthony Edwards wasn't afraid to lay the blame at the feet of the All-Star break.

"You know how it goes after the break," Edwards said. "I know I was out of shape tonight, for sure."

By that, he meant more his shot than physical conditioning. He scored 28 points on just 10-for-27 shooting, and his shot didn't come around until it was too late. The Wolves got as close as three in the final minute before Damian Lillard (21 points on 8-for-23) delivered a dagger jumper from the right wing to lift Milwaukee to the victory..

"You know how it goes after the break," Edwards said. "I know I was out of shape tonight, for sure."

Disappointing

Disappointing

Yep and usually people get credit for being honest. In this case he shouldn't.

This was also disappointing:

The Bucks star forward and two-time NBA MVP finished with 33 points and was 14-for-21 from the free-throw line. Antetokounmpo shot more free throws from the line than every other player on the floor combined on both teams (17).

The Bucks star forward and two-time NBA MVP finished with 33 points and was 14-for-21 from the free-throw line. Antetokounmpo shot more free throws from the line than every other player on the floor combined on both teams (17).
Wasn’t going to mention the free throw disparity because of the lackluster performance by the home team.
Believe the Wolves had 1 (ONE) free throw in the 2nd half.

He got the five fouls because he was mostly guarding Giannis, who is a freight train with one move who gets every call. That part of his game was predictable and understandable. The 2 pmts and 1 board sucked.
It's a rare night he isn't in foul trouble.

I hope he's not starting at age 38. He should be a very high quality backup at that point and the salary slot is in line with that role. This gives the wolves two years to figure the position out.

They have it figured out. His name is Anthony Edwards.

Edwards has improved every year. He still isn't a super star that everyone wants him to be.

He's still immature and his game is still rounding into form.

The Wolves don't have what it takes to win the title this year. They'll lose in Round 2.

You have it figured out. They don't.

He’s already bringing the ball up and facilitating the offense with Conley on the court regularly this season.

Another reason I don’t believe you’ve actually watched a game this season. Or know anything about today’s NBA.

He’s already bringing the ball up and facilitating the offense with Conley on the court regularly this season.

Another reason I don’t believe you’ve actually watched a game this season. Or know anything about today’s NBA.
The only guy on the team who doesn't bring the ball up is Rudy. Literally everybody else brings the ball up and "facilitates the offense." I guess that makes them all pg's by your definition.

Last night the following players brought the ball up the court and facilitated the offense:

Conley
Ant
Towns
Anderson
McDaniels
Reid
Monte

Even Rudy started to bring the ball up the court once, thought better of it, and wisely passed it to a teammate.

Somebody on the hoops board called you a prick yesterday. That's an insult to people who are pricks.

Be honest with me, when I sprinkled a few bucks on the T-Pups to win the West and another to win the Title, I pretty much threw my money away, lit it on fire, didn't I?

I figured what the hell, the odds were pretty long for a team that's leading the Western Conference?

Be honest with me, when I sprinkled a few bucks on the T-Pups to win the West and another to win the Title, I pretty much threw my money away, lit it on fire, didn't I?

I figured what the hell, the odds were pretty long for a team that's leading the Western Conference?

They still have a solid chance to win the West. Last month it was all about how nobody was going to beat the Clippers. Now it's the Lakers or Golden State with experts grudgingly giving OKC and Minnesota a shot.

Though wouldn't bet on anybody beating the Celtics for the title.

The only guy on the team who doesn't bring the ball up is Rudy. Literally everybody else brings the ball up and "facilitates the offense." I guess that makes them all pg's by your definition.

Last night the following players brought the ball up the court and facilitated the offense:

Conley
Ant
Towns
Anderson
McDaniels
Reid
Monte

Even Rudy started to bring the ball up the court once, thought better of it, and wisely passed it to a teammate.

Somebody on the hoops board called you a prick yesterday. That's an insult to people who are pricks.

So what’s your fixation on needing a PG then? Do you not understand how today’s basketball functions?

I’m a prick to those who are full of shit, and never admit when you’re wrong. You have a long, proven track record of that.

Top Bottom