All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

And game 2 begins at 4:30 PM Tuesday Phoenix time. Apparently as soon as the Lakers made it, the NBA decided they don't care about this series.
That's because Lebron is better than everyone else and deserves more than everyone else.

That's because Lebron is better than everyone else and deserves more than everyone else.
Nuggets better not mess around. Lakers get the whistle. That's what scares me most about the Suns series. NBA deciding they want suns moving forward

And game 2 begins at 4:30 PM Tuesday Phoenix time. Apparently as soon as the Lakers made it, the NBA decided they don't care about this series.
People will literally bitch about anything, won't they? Everyone (rightly) bitched about the 8 pm start times for a ton of Gophers and Timberwolves home games this year. Everyone here hates the 9:30 pm starts for West Coast games. Now, there's a 6:30 pm start and you're still bitching. Would you rather have a 6:30, 8, or 9:30 start? I know which one is my answer. Of course, I prefer being in bed before midnight.

People will literally bitch about anything, won't they? Everyone (rightly) bitched about the 8 pm start times for a ton of Gophers and Timberwolves home games this year. Everyone here hates the 9:30 pm starts for West Coast games. Now, there's a 6:30 pm start and you're still bitching. Would you rather have a 6:30, 8, or 9:30 start? I know which one is my answer. Of course, I prefer being in bed before midnight.

I don't understand the complaining about the times either. Of the first four games in a series against a west coast team, the latest one on a school night is 8:30 PM CT and that's game 4.

I was definitely expecting a bunch of 9:30 PM weeknight games coming into it.

I don't understand the complaining about the times either. Of the first four games in a series against a west coast team, the latest one on a school night is 8:30 PM CT and that's game 4.

I was definitely expecting a bunch of 9:30 PM weeknight games coming into it.
Yeah, these times are great. Kids can actually watch the games and become fans. They'll see the NBA at it's best.

At the 9:27 mark of the 1st Quarter Edwards gets a technical complaining about a missed call. He was right but his promise to be better was hollow.

Nice play by Towns and McDaniels and the refs called the foul too.

Wolves by 10 at the Half, 61-51. Kevin Durant had 18 for the Suns. Their only player in double figures.

Wolves have 3 players in double figures,Towns has 13, Alexander-Walker has 12 and Edwards has 10.

Am a little concerned with 3 fouls on Edwards and 3 on Conley. Just didn't understand why Finch left Conley in at the end of the half and then he got that third one.
Oh well, good half, obviously.

Kyle Anderson only played 5 minutes. He got hurt in the 2nd Quarter and had to leave the game.

(Edit: They just said Anderson' injury was a hip pointer)

Anthony Edwards had a great 3rd Quarter! The rest of the team wasn't bad either.

Wolves up by 20, 92-72, going into the 4th.

Well this is a statement.
Never saw it coming. Thought we'd get swept.

We took their will away. I wish the next game was Monday night, because we can wear them down. We were coming in waves at them.

Hell of job wolves.

Wolves win going away 120-95

A week ago, Minnesota didn’t seem to have an answer for Phoenix’s plethora of perimeter scorers. Conversations centered on ways in which Minnesota could go smaller to better match up with Phoenix.

But that was far from the case Saturday. Size was very much Minnesota’s ally. Rudy Gobert grabbed 16 rebounds on a day where the Wolves out-rebounded Phoenix 52-28 and scored 52 points in the paint to the Suns’ 34.

That was the thing Minnesota could hang its hat on throughout the day, and utilized it to maintain a healthy advantage capable of enduring any mini-Phoenix run. The Wolves led by 10 at the break.

And then the Anthony Edwards show came to life.

The 22-year-old all-star has always been a primetime performer who’s shined in the playoffs. Saturday was no different. Phoenix had trimmed Minnesota’s advantage to four midway through the third frame when Edwards delivered one of his patented third quarter explosions...

Top Bottom