All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

I dont subscribe to the narrative hes good at D. All of the olays he does out there would make Dorn from major League blush

Sometimes you might get too focused on the bad and forget about the good. Metrics also back him up as a good defensive player.

Sometimes you might get too focused on the bad and forget about the good. Metrics also back him up as a good defensive player.
He is still one of the better defensive guys we have. Being versatile is his strength. When his shot isn't falling...he seems to melt down and becomes a problem.

Last edited:

It's very unlikely that either OKC or DEN loses today so if we lose, we play PHO in the First Round. If we win, I'll get ice cream while one of you figure that out.

It's very unlikely that either OKC or DEN loses today so if we lose, we play PHO in the First Round. If we win, I'll get ice cream while one of you figure that out.

Either way, the likelihood of playing Phoenix in the first round is very high.

Hold your horses. Denver might be resting most of their starters. Either to dodge Suns in first round or Wolves in 2nd round, or both. They might just assume OKC and Wolves win today, so why bother trying to move out of the #3 seed. So Grizz can still beat them, and if Wolves win, #1 seed baby!

In the very least , if wolves can be up a decent amount at half time, maybe Denver throws in the towel.

A whole bunch of teams are resting just about everyone. Phoenix and the Wolves are not. We'll see what happens at game time.

i
Phoenix Suns

NAMEPOSEST. RETURN DATESTATUSCOMMENT
Drew EubanksPFApr 14Day-To-DayApr 13: Eubanks is questionable for Sunday's game against the Timberwolves due to right ankle soreness, Gerald Bourguet of GoPHNX.com reports.
Damion LeeSGApr 16OutApr 3: Coach Frank Vogel said Wednesday that Lee (knee) has done some lighting, and while he isn't expected to return before the end of the regular season, the Suns hope to have him back at some point in the playoffs, Gerald Bourguet of GoPHNX.com reports.

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAMEPOSEST. RETURN DATESTATUSCOMMENT
Karl-Anthony TownsCApr 14Day-To-DayApr 13: Towns (knee) is questionable for Sunday's game against the Suns.
Anthony EdwardsSGApr 14Day-To-DayApr 13: Edwards is questionable to play Sunday against the Suns due to an illness.
Jaylen ClarkGOct 1OutApr 11: Clark (Achilles) is out for Friday's game versus the Hawks.

Tip off in 10-15 minutes so of course things have changed.

i
Phoenix Suns

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Eric Gordon
SG
OUTApr 17
Damion Lee
SG
OUTApr 16

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Jaylen Clark
G
OUTOct 1

Hold your horses. Denver might be resting most of their starters. Either to dodge Suns in first round or Wolves in 2nd round, or both. They might just assume OKC and Wolves win today, so why bother trying to move out of the #3 seed. So Grizz can still beat them, and if Wolves win, #1 seed baby!

In the very least , if wolves can be up a decent amount at half time, maybe Denver throws in the towel.

And all of those guys are playing for Denver today

Good grief. Suns basically coming in and saying, "We want you and we're going to beat you down,"

Good grief. Suns basically coming in and saying, "We want you and we're going to beat you down,"
Wolves have played like shit, including a franchise-record 19 turnovers in one half (and considering the history of this franchise, that's saying something).

That being said - the bias of the refs is disgusting. Any way they can spin any call in the Suns favor, they do. The NBA has their thumb on the scale, saying we can't have the almighty Durant and Booker playing in the play-in tournament.

At one point, virtually the entire Suns bench walked down to the Wolves bench after Beal and Ant were shoving each other. Walking to the other team's bench if you're not in the game is supposed to be an automatic suspension, but my guess is they will suffer zero consequences.

Wolves have played like shit, including a franchise-record 19 turnovers in one half (and considering the history of this franchise, that's saying something).

That being said - the bias of the refs is disgusting. Any way they can spin any call in the Suns favor, they do. The NBA has their thumb on the scale, saying we can't have the almighty Durant and Booker playing in the play-in tournament.

At one point, virtually the entire Suns bench walked down to the Wolves bench after Beal and Ant were shoving each other. Walking to the other team's bench if you're not in the game is supposed to be an automatic suspension, but my guess is they will suffer zero consequences.
You best not watch the playoff matchup cause it’s only gonna get worse.

We'll see how good of a coach Finch is now. He has a week to figure out something different against the Suns.

How many techs and offensive fouls in the playoff series against Phoenix. I am going with 3 techs and 9 offensive fouls.

The guy on offense is just so stupid with how he plays and Phoenix is absolutely in his head.

Suns/Timberwolves playoffs series to open up on Saturday.

Suns in 5 feels right, I hope like heck that’s wrong. Would be such a disappointment to lose first round.

Howl Wolves!!
It makes no sense other than the Suns are in their head. The turnovers today were insane, and against a team that is not good defensively

Feels like for the Wolves to win, Edwards needs to mentally mature about 5 years in the next 6 days.
It's Edwards against 3 superstars.

For the love of gawd, can McDaniels try to help. He had 6 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, and 0 steals today.

Does he even play?

The crowd will be nuts on Saturday. My suggestion would be to not be run out in the first quarter.

The west is just a fricken gauntlet...yeah it sucks we have to play Phoenix but i wouldn't be jumping for joy having to play anyone else either. Dallas, Sac, NO, Lakers, GS are not exactly easy outs. The Wolves just need to buck up and win a series...there's a reason we're the 3 and they're the 6...act like we belong.

It's as if the collective air was let out of the franchise and season in a single game. When ANT and Beal had their dust-up, we really needed to see ANT go off offensively and put the team on his back to send a message. Instead the entire team retracted. It feels as if the team itself realizes the worst scenario happened and they have to somehow make a 180 against the Suns in a week.

KD, Book and Beal will get theirs. The guy I'm most worried about is Grayson Allen. Can't believe I just typed that.

Top Bottom