All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

I also bet Gobert is gonna get a game or two suspension for the money motion. The league is willing to take all the money from the gambling sites, but also don’t need players insinuating that refs are on the take. So down the closing stretch you lose LAT and then the veteran Gobert will be gone a game or two.

Allen is working a lot harder than Gobert. Plus he is smaller and those guys usually get the calls.

He certainly out flopped him didn't he? Being big doesn't seem to stop Embid or Davis from getting foul calls.

Your excuses for the Refs never end. You do have one thing right. No matter what the Wolves do the rest of the way they won't get a fair shake. Unless they play a very bad team.

Tomorrow starts the LA games. Lakers Sunday.It will be on ESPN at 8:30. Then the Clippers on Tuesday at 9:00 on TNT.

Wonder how bad the foul discrepancy will be out there?

Last edited:

He certainly out flopped him didn't he? Doesn't seem to stop Embid for getting fouls calls does it?

Your excuses for the Refs never end. You do have one thing right. No matter what the Wolves do the rest of the way they won't get a fair shake.
Allen knew he was coming back to that side and flopped worse than a crappie.

More on Allen -

He was averaging 3.9 FT attempts per game and last night had 21 against a former three-time player of the year. Any wonder why Rudy was pissed.

Those 21 attempts are the most this season by any NBA player not named Giannis or Embid; which one of those don’t belong.

🤔

Last edited:

Other teams and players complain as much if not more, but they get the calls. That tells me the wolves are not liked, especially KAT.
I've been traveling the last few weeks and using league pass to watch the wolves as well as parts of a few other NBA games. From what I can tell from an admittedly small sample size, the wolves are easily the biggest complainers of the teams I've seen (wolves opponents plus Lakers, OKC, Denver, Celtics, Houston and Bulls). I'm sure they don't complain as much as Embiid but they yell about pretty much everything.

More on Allen -

He was averaging 3.9 FT attempts per game and last night had 21 against a former three-time player if the year?

Those 21 attempts are the most this season by any NBA player not named Giannis or Embid; which one of those don’t belong.

🤔
With Garland's help, Allen was definitely quicker to the ball and quicker to the spot than Rudy last night. However, the refs gave him all of the incidental contact calls and all of the calls where both players were hooking each other. On the other end, the wolves were getting pushed and shoved like crazy. No whistles.

With Garland's help, Allen was definitely quicker to the ball and quicker to the spot than Rudy last night. However, the refs gave him all of the incidental contact calls and all of the calls where both players were hooking each other. On the other end, the wolves were getting pushed and shoved like crazy. No whistles.
I can’t be the only one who heard this ditty in my head, right?

He certainly out flopped him didn't he? Being big doesn't seem to stop Embid or Davis from getting foul calls.

Your excuses for the Refs never end. You do have one thing right. No matter what the Wolves do the rest of the way they won't get a fair shake. Unless they play a very bad team.

Tomorrow starts the LA games. Lakers Sunday.It will be on ESPN at 8:30. Then the Clippers on Tuesday at 9:00 on TNT.

Wonder how bad the foul discrepancy will be out there?
Embid and Davis are different players on offense and have earned a completely different reputation. Whether that’s fair or not is another thing.

My overarching point is Gobert can’t get that tech in that situation and nothing more. That was childish thing to do and out the wolves behind the 8 ball to win. Now they still could have overcome that at the end of regulation or overtime, but they could not.

The free throw difference between the wolves and lakers will be at least minnesota -12.

Embid and Davis are different players on offense and have earned a completely different reputation. Whether that’s fair or not is another thing.

My overarching point is Gobert can’t get that tech in that situation and nothing more. That was childish thing to do and out the wolves behind the 8 ball to win. Now they still could have overcome that at the end of regulation or overtime, but they could not.

The free throw difference between the wolves and lakers will be at least minnesota -12.

Your point on Gobert is why I said "Stupid technical by Gobert"

My overarching point is Gobert can’t get that tech in that situation and nothing more.

To his credit, per his quote in The Athletic after the game, he knows he screwed up -

“My reaction, which I think is truth — it’s what I truly believe — even if it’s the truth, it wasn’t the time for me to react that way,” Gobert said afterward. “I should have not done that. I cost my team the game, and obviously, they couldn’t wait to give me a tech. That was bad. That was an immature reaction.”

That was childish thing to do and out the wolves behind the 8 ball to win. Now they still could have overcome that at the end of regulation or overtime, but they could not.

He has a better chance of getting suspended from what he said after the game then the money sign

If this team could somehow stop being immature at crucial times...

There has been three games now where a dumb technical foul cost us the game. McDaniels, Anderson and now Gobert.

The sad part is he’s probably not completely crazy with those comments
He's not crazy at all. Now that college and professional sports (no real distinction anymore) are officially in bed with the gambling industry, a huge scandal is inevitable. In pro sports the weak links are the refs/umpires because they make comparatively little money and have a huge influence on outcomes. In college sports both players and officials are susceptible.

Per Shooter:

Don’t print that​

>> Pssst: Another deadline extension for Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore to close the $1.5 billion sale of the Timberwolves and Lynx, initially set for last Dec. 31, has been granted by owner Glen Taylor. After several delays, the last deadline of Feb. 29 has been extended to March 27.

Awkwardly, Rodriguez and Lore still have not provided sought-after documents or even communicated with Taylor since January. But the buyers recently provided sale information to the NBA, which of last week hadn’t had time to review it.

If Rodriguez and Lore, who appears to be the lead investor, don’t comply by the coming deadline, the sale agreement could be canceled. If the sale is canceled, Taylor and his limited partners would get to keep payments totaling about $600 million that have already been secured.

Meanwhile, a little birdie says Eric Schmidt, the former CEO of Google, has invested 3.5% in the sale with Rodriguez and Lore. Hall of Fame former Timberwolf Kevin Garnett has been approached by Rodriguez and Lore to be part of the new operation, but there’s no official agreement.

Howl Wolves!!

Jarrett Allen attempted 4 free throws as the Cavs lost by about 20 points to the Brooklyn Nets at home tonight.
Hmmm.

Just tuned in to the game right as it went to halftime. Must have been some absolutely FEROCIOUS defense played.

No Towns, no Gobert no Anderson. Lakers shot 29 Free Throws. Davis shot 13 which is how many the Wolves shot as a team. Wolves also got 3 technicals. Lakers out rebounded and had more turnovers than Minnesota. Wolves hit more 3's and had 14 more shots.

Still Minnesota led 92-91 after 3, but lost 120-109.

Last edited:

Jaden and conley need to step up.

The good news is Garza showed he belongs.

They do.

As for Garza he showed he belonged on the roster. He's NBA level when he was shooting the ball. He also showed that he doesn't deserve much more playing time when he tried to play defense or rebound the ball.

Still, in a game when the Refs gave the Wolves a grand total of 13 free throws, they gave Garza 4 of them. More than any of the Wolves starters and the same amount they gave Edwards.

Last edited:

They do.

As for Garza he showed he belonged on the roster. He's NBA level when he was shooting the ball. He also showed that he doesn't deserve much more playing time when he tried to play defense or rebound the ball.

Still, in a game when the Refs gave the Wolves a grand total of 13 free throws, they gave Garza 4 of them. More than any of the Wolves starters and the same amount they gave Edwards.
garza needs to watch some k love film

This is exactly why they didn't waste minutes with Garza during the first half of the season. He can now play the rest of the way without worrying about running out of available games.

Wolves are still in L.A. where they play the Clippers tonight at 9:00. Game is on TNT. They will then have 4 days off until they play at Utah Saturday and Monday. Then they follow that Monday game with a Tuesday game back here against Denver.

Looking at the injury list a whole lot of talent is on game time decision tonight. Towns, Clark and Westbrook are the only players definitely out.

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Monte Morris
PG
GTDMar 12
Anthony Edwards
SG
GTDMar 12
Rudy Gobert
C
GTDMar 12