All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

OMG Edwards. 22 points in the 1st half and Timberwolves once down 22 are back in this game.

Conley, NAW and Ant are shooting lights out and carrying the Wolves to an easy W in this one.

Yes, great come back win. Biggest comeback in 12 years for them. On a night when OKC lost to the Pacers by 10, it was great to see Edwards being Edwards, Conley come back to life, Gobert keeping L.A. from getting easy buckets and Alexander-Walker finally earn his paycheck again.

They play out in Utah on Saturday. Which gives Gobert, Reid and Morris a few days to get healthy.

Yes, great come back win. Biggest comeback in 12 years for them. On a night when OKC lost to the Pacers by 10, it was great to see Edwards being Edwards, Conley come back to life, Gobert keeping L.A. from getting easy buckets and Alexander-Walker finally earn his paycheck again.

They play out in Utah on Saturday. Which gives Gobert, Reid and Morris a few days to get healthy.

I wonder if they stay on LA for a few days before going to the Utes. Hope the boys don’t have too many late nights.

NAW and Conley were on fire. That's all there was to it. I wish they could stay hot like that all the time as it makes it wide open for ANT.

It was good getting 0 points guy off the court.

It was also great seeing them shut down Powell. That guy has been ridiculous against the the wolves.

Seems like they haven't played in forever.

It almost seems like the All-Star break.

Tonight at 8:30 Timberwolves are out in Utah to play the Jazz. They will play again in Utah Monday night. It could be a homecoming of sorts for Gobert, Conley and Alexander-Walker.

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Rudy Gobert
C
GTDMar 16
Monte Morris
PG
GTDMar 16
Kyle Anderson
SF
GTDMar 16
Karl-Anthony Towns
C
OUTApr 20

i
Utah Jazz

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Kris Dunn
G
GTDMar 16
Jordan Clarkson
PG
GTDMar 16
Lauri Markkanen
PF
GTDMar 16

Markkanen, Clarkson and John Collins are all out tonight. No excuse not to take care of business.

Markkanen, Clarkson and John Collins are all out tonight. No excuse not to take care of business.

Usually I'd agree, but if the Wolves are indeed gonna have to play without KAT, Gobert, Morris and Anderson, wouldn't be surprised if they could lose to anybody.

That said hard to believe that all those guys won't play.

Usually I'd agree, but if the Wolves are indeed gonna have to play without KAT, Gobert, Morris and Anderson, wouldn't be surprised if they could lose to anybody.

That said hard to believe that all those guys won't play.
Gobert wasn't at shootaround this morning. Gotta assume they're going to be cautious and sit him.

19 all after the 1st Quarter.

There have to have been worse Quarters of NBA basketball this year but none come to mind. Both teams were awful. Wolves shot 26% Jazz 36 %

McDaniels, Anderson, Warren and Garza were each 0-3 in the Quarter.

Last edited:

I am not able to watch as many Wolves games as I would like (largely due to blackout rules) but I feel like I make a complete 180 on this team 2-3 times a month. They do something completely awful like collapse against the Bulls and then have a dominating win in LA against the Clippers.

With where they are at now, staying in the top 3 should be the goal but obviously KAT's health when/if he comes back will determine how far they can go. They are one of the few teams in the league that really matches up well with Denver assuming they're fully healthy as KAT/Rudy can be put on Gordon without much fear allowing them to stay big.

With new owners coming in that are not wealthy by NBA ownership standards, looming luxury tax implications, and Conley's age they may only have 1 or 2 shots with this group before they need to pivot slightly.

I am not able to watch as many Wolves games as I would like (largely due to blackout rules) but I feel like I make a complete 180 on this team 2-3 times a month. They do something completely awful like collapse against the Bulls and then have a dominating win in LA against the Clippers.

With where they are at now, staying in the top 3 should be the goal but obviously KAT's health when/if he comes back will determine how far they can go. They are one of the few teams in the league that really matches up well with Denver assuming they're fully healthy as KAT/Rudy can be put on Gordon without much fear allowing them to stay big.

With new owners coming in that are not wealthy by NBA ownership standards, looming luxury tax implications, and Conley's age they may only have 1 or 2 shots with this group before they need to pivot slightly.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lore and A Rod bring it big investors to the point they dont even have a majority stake, but are just figureheads for awhile. This is such a good deal that I can't see them not getting investors. I have to wonder if the money isn't the hold up; the fight may be about how much control they keep

I wouldn't be surprised if Lore and A Rod bring it big investors to the point they dont even have a majority stake, but are just figureheads for awhile. This is such a good deal that I can't see them not getting investors. I have to wonder if the money isn't the hold up; the fight may be about how much control they keep

Good summary. Personally as far as getting additional investors involved, gotta think that the problem is the same problem that's existed for years.

Nobody who has the money is interested in buying into the team that would have to stay in Minnesota. Taylor has done a bad good running the team but give him credit for still having it here.

If he didn't demand that it would have been sold a long time ago.

Lousy 1st Half by both teams, good 2nd Half by Conley, Reid and Edwards. Tied at the Half the Wolves beat the Jazz 119-110. They play again Monday night in SLC.

Just too bad that OKC beat Memphis. It was 116-112 with 6 seconds left but the Thunder held on to win.

SALT LAKE CITY – Mike Conley knew Saturday was going to be a busy day. This was the first time he has played in Utah since the team traded him last season to the Timberwolves, and he wanted to make sure everybody at the arena that wanted to say hello got some time with him.

So for a little while in the afternoon, he shut his phone off and tried to take a nap.

"I knew that once I got to the arena, I was going to be swarmed," Conley said.

Maybe the only normal part of his day was actually playing, and Conley had 25 points in a 119-100 Wolves victory.

Two games after saying he felt like he was running "in the mud" as he struggled to score, Conley posted a season-high 23 against the Clippers on Tuesday and followed that with another season high on Saturday.

"I guess I'm out the mud," Conley said.

Conley tried to play it off afterward that his highest scoring output of the season coming in Utah was just a coincidence, but he also conceded there was some extra motivation going up against a team that traded him midseason.

"There was a little bit [of extra motivation]. Not gonna lie," Conley said. "But at the same time, man, I was trying to have fun. … Just trying to soak up the moment. You get a video played and that doesn't happen very often and it just shows so much gratitude."..

Good summary. Personally as far as getting additional investors involved, gotta think that the problem is the same problem that's existed for years.

Nobody who has the money is interested in buying into the team that would have to stay in Minnesota. Taylor has done a bad good running the team but give him credit for still having it here.

If he didn't demand that it would have been sold a long time ago.
No doubt that the hold up is the MN market hurts. But nba will not let a team move to Seattle or Vegas. What other market is better?

No doubt that the hold up is the MN market hurts. But nba will not let a team move to Seattle or Vegas. What other market is better?

Doubt that "better" enters into it. Montreal, Nashville, heck maybe even Vancouver if there was a Canadian with billions who'd want to have his own team. Heck if someone was wealthy enough they'd be willing to pay $2-3 billion extra to the league to take the Wolves into Las Vegas or Seattle.

At least I'd bet that's what Alex Rodriguez, Marc Lore and Taylor's heirs are hoping for.

If you need to run any team profitably to make a living, then you don't have enough to own a team.

Yep, that's the point. Billionaire money doesn't have to care.

You also don't have to worry about being "punished" financially if you want to move that team where you want to.

What in the world is going on in Milwaukee. The Bucks have 82 points and right now have 18 3 pointers at halftime. They could easy break the NBA record for 3's in a game.

Great news for the Wolves. Dallas just won over Denver at the buzzer.

Will be curious how well we play against the Nuggets.

Target Center is going to be bonkers.

Top Bottom