All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

He thinks he's a bona-fide superstar. The league hasn't given him that yet, because he hasn't earned it. He's got plenty of growing up left to do.
They say he is only out on the floor for introduction of the starting lineups about half the time.

I'm a little stunned here.

Is Ant the one in charge here? Some are speculation he was on the phone in the locker room.

They say he is only out on the floor for introduction of the starting lineups about half the time.

Is Ant the one in charge here? Some are speculation he was on the phone in the locker room.
The story is that Ant does bending/stretching exercises outside of the locker room prior to every game. He also just became a Dad last week. I'm more concerned about his preference for "hero ball".

Clippers are 5-5 in their last 10, so it seems like that’s theirs unless they turn it up a notch.

Wolves are 7-3 in the last ten.

Just looked out the window and the sky is still ⬆️ there 😀
Look at who they lost to. Look at who they beat, especially since the All-Star break. Not impressive.

This is a very immature team with a wannabe superstar in Edwards. They're not ready to win. Maybe they will be next year.

Look at who they lost to. Look at who they beat, especially since the All-Star break. Not impressive.

This is a very immature team with a wannabe superstar in Edwards. They're not ready to win. Maybe they will be next year.
We’ll known in a few months won’t we Falsehood Peedler😃

Like me, you’re likely a middle aged man with an opinion on a free chatroom; nothing revolutionary or awe inspiring is being transacted by either party 😉

Enjoy

Last edited:

The story is that Ant does bending/stretching exercises outside of the locker room prior to every game. He also just became a Dad last week. I'm more concerned about his preference for "hero ball".
I don't believe his preference if for hero ball.

I believe when the going gets tough, none of the other 4 can score. Most of them can't put the ball on the floor and score to save their ass.

They are easy to guard. It then all falls on Ant's shoulders.

As for the stretching.........wouldn't that be done during warmups, etc. I'm not buying it.

I believe when the going gets tough, none of the other 4 can score. Most of them can't put the ball on the floor and score to save their ass.

As for the stretching.........wouldn't that be done during warmups, etc. I'm not buying it.
Maybe he was practicing “load management?”

Finchy doesn't strike me as the type that has the locker room under his thumb.

It's supposedly a specialized bending program that only he participates in. I called it a "story" so buy what you want. 🤷

It's supposedly a specialized bending program that only he participates in. I called it a "story" so buy what you want. 🤷
That can only be done seconds/minute before the tip?

If so......WTF?

He’s only missed 39 games in three seasons; he shows up and plays hard, from what I see.

This is called giving a guy the benefit of the doubt situation.

He gets to be human and screwup like the rest of us non-professional athlete mortals do, from time to time.

It’s called being a human being.

I've heard of that before. Remember he kept cramping-up and getting charley horses in his feet? Think it was one of the team's trainers who suggested this program and the cramping and charlie horses decreased significantly. Now he won't even participate in shoot around before the game. Instead he gets the treatment.

Should have thought of that before but too many people had the "real story" that I forgot about it.

I've heard of that before. Remember he kept cramping-up and getting charley horses in his feet? Think it was one of the team's trainers who suggested this program and the cramping and charlie horses decreased significantly. Now he won't even participate in shoot around before the game. Instead he gets the treatment.

Should have thought of that before but too many people had the "real story" that I forgot about it.
So, no holed out apples then?

Boston Celtics, with the best record in the NBA was up 93-71 over Cleveland at the 9:01 mark of the 4th Quarter.

They lost, 105-104.

It happens.

Boston Celtics, with the best record in the NBA was up 93-71 over Cleveland at the 9:01 mark of the 4th Quarter.

They lost, 105-104.

It happens.
Good point.

Just heard Wilbon commenting on it and the 96 Bulls which won 72 games, lost to both expansion Orlando and Toronto, that season.

what's a torn meniscus mean for timeline? Does that require surgery?

Depends on the severity of the tear.
Out indefinitely per new article in The Athletic -

https://theathletic.com/5323221/202...-out-indefinitely/?source=user_shared_articleKarl-Anthony Towns tears meniscus in left knee, out indefinitely: Sources

Minnesota Timberwolves star Karl-Anthony Townstore the meniscus in his left knee and is out indefinitely, league sources said Thursday.

Towns, who was an All-Star last month, has been gathering second opinions on the injury over the past 24 hours, the sources said.

Depends on the severity of the tear.
I tore my meniscus in my late 30's and the other one in my 40's. I was back to playing sports in a couple of months both times. If I can come back as a middle-aged dude, I have hope Kat can make it back for the championship series against the Celtics.

I tore my meniscus in my late 30's and the other one in my 40's. I was back to playing sports in a couple of months both times. If I can come back as a middle-aged dude, I have hope Kat can make it back for the championship series against the Celtics.
Yeah, but that’s you, Ted. We’re talking about just an everyday NBA player. (I’m surprised it even took you that long.)

Mauer tore his around April 6th, 2004. He was back June 2, 2004 (Think he had surgery. Probably doesn’t mean anything in relation to Town’s injury. Was searching for some hope.)

Last edited:

Wonder if trying to play through the pain was worth it?

Per game, Towns has given them 33 minutes, 22 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assists. While shooting 50% from the floor 42% from 3 and 87% from the free throw line.

Not sure how they can replace that production and with the Wolves still leading the NBA in fewest points given up, they can't make it up on that end either.

Good point.

Just heard Wilbon commenting on it and the 96 Bulls which won 72 games, lost to both expansion Orlando and Toronto, that season.
Wilbon might need to double check that stat, as the Magic sure weren't an expansion team in 96 since they came in the same year as the Wolves.
96 Magic had Shaq and Penny and won 60 games.

Yeah, but that’s you, Ted. We’re talking about just an everyday NBA player. (I’m surprised it even took you that long.)
I'm sure the 30+ years of playing Volleyball and Basketball were the main culprits, but I tore my first one trying to climb out of a ravine. The second one was pulling weeds. I felt both happen and went under the knife very soon after. I wish I had better stories for both. Something like blocking the shot of the best player on the court or spiking the ball to win the match, but alas...

Top Bottom