All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

From 6 days ago:

The Arizona Cardinals released veteran linebacker Jordan Hicks on Wednesday.

Hicks, 29, played at a high level last season, registering 116 tackles and four sacks, but the Cardinals are making the move to give fellow inside linebacker Zaven Collins, drafted in the first round last year, more playing time.

The Cardinals had told Collins he would be the starter last season after selecting him 16th overall. Hicks said last year he was "pissed off" when initially told he had lost his starting job to Collins. He requested a trade, which never materialized, and the seven-year veteran ended up starting all 17 games.
Cardinals kinda shit the bed last year when they drafted Zaven Collins at #17 overall and proclaimed him a starter in the summer, way before training camp even started; then Collins went on to not be that significant a contributor last year (injuries and Hicks being better mostly).

Hicks is a tackling machine, hoping he's got plenty left in the tank for the Vikings.

I don't believe that for a minute. I found that podcast with those two clowns a month or so ago thought I would try it just because I needed to fill a few gaps on a few longer drives and they are essentially unlistenable 97% of the time. Just an awful podcast and exchange of Vikings ideas.

The young kid that does Locked On Vikings on the Locked On network is pretty decent and usually what I listen to on the drive to work in the morning; he injects his liberalism every now and then and he often gets too deep in the woods on schemes and concepts but I would recommend him for a decent Vikings listen. Mackey and Judd are just plain awful. Good grief. There should be better available options for Vikings fans.

Does anyone know of a good Vikings podcast other than those mentioned here?
It depends on your taste, but I generally like Purple Insider.

Hicks isn't good.

Barr might be coming back.

Mannion might be back.

Cousins is already back.

Why did they fire Zimmer and Spielman?
From PFF

Hicks wasn’t able to match his production as a Philadelphia Eagle from 2015 through 2018 with the Arizona Cardinals the last three seasons. His collective PFF grade with the Eagles stood at 90.0 while his mark with the Cardinals was a middling 57.6. That said, Hicks is coming off a quality campaign that shows he can still anchor a team’s linebacking corps. He was the 17th-most valuable off-ball linebacker in 2021 and ranked 26th at the position in PFF grade. Hicks’ release is getting overshadowed by Wagner’s — and understandably so — but the former Cardinal could end up one of the better signings of the 2022 offseason.

From PFF

Hicks wasn’t able to match his production as a Philadelphia Eagle from 2015 through 2018 with the Arizona Cardinals the last three seasons. His collective PFF grade with the Eagles stood at 90.0 while his mark with the Cardinals was a middling 57.6. That said, Hicks is coming off a quality campaign that shows he can still anchor a team’s linebacking corps. He was the 17th-most valuable off-ball linebacker in 2021 and ranked 26th at the position in PFF grade. Hicks’ release is getting overshadowed by Wagner’s — and understandably so — but the former Cardinal could end up one of the better signings of the 2022 offseason.
I didn't say bad.

Let's put it another way. He's not a difference maker.

Is this legit?
Vikings Propaganda released to fool/soothe the masses, for the suckas that still follow that shitty product.

It’s Lent, do yourself a favor and give up caring to the fall. I doubt it will get you closer to God, but it may restore some equilibrium to the orb resting on your shoulders.

Cardinals kinda shit the bed last year when they drafted Zaven Collins at #17 overall and proclaimed him a starter in the summer, way before training camp even started; then Collins went on to not be that significant a contributor last year (injuries and Hicks being better mostly).

Hicks is a tackling machine, hoping he's got plenty left in the tank for the Vikings.
Cool. Makes sense for a 3-4 inside guy.

I assume when the MLB's are on the field in a 3-4, they're mainly there for the run and don't have to cover much. Drop back into middle of field zones and/or spy the QB. Otherwise, switching to a 3-3-5 or even 3-2-6 for those personnels would make sense.

Last edited:

Dyed in the wool Purple lifer.

When you grow in Detroit Lakes and play at Mankato State, what's the difference between $13M and $17M?? He'll still get his money eventually anyway, with void years and all that crap.

Hunter is due an 18 million roster bonus on Sunday. They will either restructure him or trade him by then.

Last edited:

So interesting thing on Barr's contract is it only costs them CASH if they sign him for 2022 up to his dead money of ~$9 million. Not cap space.

Last edited:

I think it just means that some contract he signed, possibly the last one, made it "pretend" to look like he was going to be signed under the contract for 2022 and 2023, but actually a clause in the contract voids those years out, today. So it's just a hand-waiving mechanism to push some of his cap hit to 2022, instead of 2021.

I think any new contract for him would cost additional cap hit to that $9M. Because essentially they already paid him that money last year, and this was just an accounting trick.

KAM supposedly had a trade agreed to with Cleveland to dump Cousins for Mayfield and picks.

The COO didn't like the trade, so he went above KAM and convinced the Wilfs to stop the deal.

The COO appears to be the guy who actually runs the team. KAM took a job that doesn't let him do anything.

KAM supposedly had a trade agreed to with Cleveland to dump Cousins for Mayfield and picks.

The COO didn't like the trade, so he went above KAM and convinced the Wilfs to stop the deal.

The COO appears to be the guy who actually runs the team. KAM took a job that doesn't let him do anything.
If true that is insane and shows what a crappy organization it is.

Who TF is that?? This guy?? https://www.vikings.com/team/front-office-roster/andrew-miller

Seriously had to look that up. Seems like a position that does literally nothing of any benefit to the team or its fans.

Also, we signed an OL !!!!

guy looks like he might be the next Dakota Dozier. 😐 Clearly a backup. Ceiling is probably Mason Cole, for whatever that is worth. New Bronco OL coaches knew him from last gig.

And who reported that? Mackey? Give me a break 🙄

Top Bottom