All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

For all the geniuses that wanted the vikings to drop to the 3rd seed, we now get to face a solid team that almost beat us at home instead of a total trash team Seahawks.....
Nope.

if the Vikings would've somehow got the 2nd seed, then somehow it would've been the Packers as the 7th, and then we would've lost to them.

That's how that works. You know this

The 3-4 defense is inferior. This year was a mistake to use that.

Bill Parcells ran a 3-4 in New York because he had phenom linebacker Lawrence Taylor. Parcells then later switched to a 4-3 because the 4-3 is better unless you have unique talent for the 3-4 which the Vikings do not match.

Get out of the 3-4 this offseason. Retool the pass coverage. One year to prep a successor to Cousins since Cousins has one year left on the contract.

It was an exciting season. Fans got a great ride this time.
It was an incredible roller coaster .... that ended with the cars flying off the track.

The playoff loss will be the only thing that fans remember from 2022, looking back in 10 years.

Just like the 41-0 loss to the Giants in the playoffs is the only thing anyone remembers from that season.

A genie gives you the choice:

- 13 regular season wins guaranteed every year for the next 10 years, zero guarantee for the playoffs
- .500 average record in the regular season over the next 10 years, but one of the those 10 you're guaranteed to make it to the Super Bowl, no guarantee for the game itself

Every single fan takes the 2nd one. No questions asked.

That is an incredibly enlightening and honestly sobering list (yes, I've accessed this one many times);
sure you have🤣, poser
I’m sure you have🤣
looking at the Vikings list and looking at Comp %, Games played, TD %, TD-INT ratio, W-L record, QB rating, Yard/Game, INT %, etc...
You stated “every single statistical category before he’s done” in the post I responded to.

So you pull out a bunch of arcane ones, instead of the ones people universally use when discussing QB records

TDs
Yardage
Completions

Yes, it's crazy to see how far Cousins is ahead of every other QB that's ever suited up for the Vikings.
My guess is you forgot or aren’t really a Vikes fan and instead of being honest and admitting that, you moved the goalposts.
Classic Oafee!
😃

Last edited:

Yeah. As if Fran played in the time of artificial turf, perfect indoor weather conditions, WRs wearing sticky gloves and passing-oriented football. Next you’ll tell us half of the NFL kickers are the best that ever played, too, because they make 60 yarders often now. As if nothing about the game has changed over time.

Fran was a winner - at least good enough for his time to lead the Vikings to the top of the NFC . Kirk is not.
The rules also didn’t favor offense likes it does now and QBs got the crap beat out of them

That offense was bad, bad, bad today. Cousins benefits from receivers that can get open and have tar paper hands. I haven’t seen every game this season but at times he makes horrendous decisions. Twice today torpedoed drives. Something about him.

The defense is horrible.

This was not a good team. Maybe the worst I’ve ever seen make the playoffs.

It was an incredible roller coaster .... that ended with the cars flying off the track.

The playoff loss will be the only thing that fans remember from 2022, looking back in 10 years.

Just like the 41-0 loss to the Giants in the playoffs is the only thing anyone remembers from that season.
Nope. I’ll remember the Buffalo game and the Indy game from this year way more than anything else including the loss today.
An absolutely entertaining season highlighted by two of the most improbable victories in NFL history.
Sure the loss today blows (Ed D should retire tomorrow.). but it doesn’t sting or hurt like some previous playoff losses.

You are so far off here. That play was infuriating. But Cousins deserves less than 1% of the blame for this game today or this season overall. In fact, he is the reason we won 13 games and even played today.

Always best to read more than one post to gain context.

That offense was bad, bad, bad today. Cousins benefits from receivers that can get open and have tar paper hands. I haven’t seen every game this season but at times he makes horrendous decisions. Twice today torpedoed drives. Something about him.

The defense is horrible.

What? What two drives did he torpedo?

Cousins gets killed just about every game. He played extremely well today other than that last boneheaded decision.

What? What two drives did he torpedo?

Cousins gets killed just about every game. He played extremely well today other than that last boneheaded decision.

Maybe I’m not recalling but he checked down on at least two third or fourth downs well short of yard to gain, and no pressure on him.

The Vikes have some great receivers. I havent seen every game the last several years but I haven’t been that impressed by Cousins, sorry.

The QB rating for Cousins today was 112.9. He threw 2 TDs and zero interceptions.

The final score was 31-24.

Nope. I’ll remember the Buffalo game and the Indy game from this year way more than anything else including the loss today.
An absolutely entertaining season highlighted by two of the most improbable victories in NFL history.
Sure the loss today blows (Ed D should retire tomorrow.). but it doesn’t sting or hurt like some previous playoff losses.
Pretty much sums it up. They overachieved this season, plain and simple. And now the season is over a week later, or about the same time, as anyone expected at the beginning of this season.

Another MN sports season. Another loser.

:(

Nope.

if the Vikings would've somehow got the 2nd seed, then somehow it would've been the Packers as the 7th, and then we would've lost to them.

That's how that works. You know this
If the Vikings had taken care of the Packers in Week 17, then they would have been the #2 seed and played the Seahawks.

If the Vikings had taken care of the Packers in Week 17, then they would have been the #2 seed and played the Seahawks.
So you know well that that could've never happened. Indeed, we saw what happened instead.

There could've been other ways throughout the season for us to get the #2 seed. I'm saying, the only way those would've been allowed to happen, is if it would've then forced the Pack to be #7.

Again, you know how this works.

You of course get to speak for you.

Speaking for myself: I feel the opposite. Close losses to teams we should've beat in otherwise good seasons sting more than getting blown out and turning it off at halftime.

The season feels like a fraud.

You're right that the Buffalo and Indy games were special in their own right. Those will always be special ... as one-offs. They won't be remember as part of the overall 2022 season.

The defense is horrible.

Big game Kirk. You're right, it's the decision making.

He does actually throw a good ball. Or can. Hit the receiver in stride.

Cook had some nice early runs and then I feel like he doesn't do jack.

Hock, JJ, and a few token catches by Thiel and KJ. That's our offense.

He's not a HOF'er and unless he hops on the right team in the next year or two, he's probably never going to be a starting QB in a Super Bowl.

Can you feel it Kirk?

Maybe I’m not recalling but he checked down on at least two third or fourth downs well short of yard to gain, and no pressure on him.

The Vikes have some great receivers. I havent seen every game the last several years but I haven’t been that impressed by Cousins, sorry.
The only time he checked down on 3rd or 4th down were the last two drives of the game and both times had lots of pressure on him.

A genie gives you the choice:

- 13 regular season wins guaranteed every year for the next 10 years, zero guarantee for the playoffs
- .500 average record in the regular season over the next 10 years, but one of the those 10 you're guaranteed to make it to the Super Bowl, no guarantee for the game itself

Every single fan takes the 2nd one. No questions asked.
Wrong, I'll take my chances that we make a super bowl or two in the first scenario.

The only time he checked down on 3rd or 4th down were the last two drives of the game and both times had lots of pressure on him.
They can't go deep or downfield like they would like too, because they can't pass block.

He was under pressure half of the pass plays. that's almost as hideous as the defense.

Offense was not at all the problem tbis year. Imagine how many more points they were score if the defense actually forced an avg amount of quick drives resulting in a punt

Offense was not at all the problem tbis year. Imagine how many more points they were score if the defense actually forced an avg amount of quick drives resulting in a punt

I believe the last I heard, the Vikings defense was 31st against the pass this year.

In what universe, in 2022, can you win with the 31st ranked passing defense in today's NFL? But yeah, sure, shaving $3-4M off Cousins contract will solve everything. SMH.....

Yesterday when we down and scored and made it 7-0, the crowd is going bananas, we get the offensive holding call, and it's 1st and 20. I'm thinking just hold here, and we can get the ball back and put the hurt on them instantly. They got the first down in 2 plays. Just brutal.

By the way, the giants didn't face a third down until middle of the second quarter! Damn!

Top Bottom