All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

He did not assault anyone.

Probably whipped out his d___ and asked for a happy ending. Highly doubt these workers hadn't seen the same thing countless times before (men are pigs, this is known). Only this time it was a celebrity (who acted stupid), so it was payday. No criminal charges, because no crime was committed. Just a dummy being a dummy. Hopefully he learned his lesson. 6 games is more than enough.

Those demanding he be suspended for the season are just hysteria artists, trying to draw attention to their Twitter accounts. Blah blah blah
Doesn't matter if it was technically illegal or not. This isn't a criminal question. He violated the NFL's personal conduct policy. I've heard Goodell will double the suspension to 12 games in hopes the NFLPA won't sue. If he does for a full season they likely will.

As if Browns fans didn't have it tough enough. At least it will be fun having a clear and obvious heel of the NFL for the foreseeable future. Will love to see them lose again and again and again.

Unfukingbelievable

I've heard Goodell will double the suspension to 12 games in hopes the NFLPA won't sue.
I don't believe you for a second. You would have posted a Tweet if there was anyone actually saying this, you're good at posting Tweets.

You're projecting what you wish was true.

NFLPA by all rights could have appealed the 6 game, but said they wouldn't so that everyone could move on. If RG interferes in this, even one more game, they absolutely should call the deal off.

I don't believe you for a second. You would have posted a Tweet if there was anyone actually saying this, you're good at posting Tweets.

You're projecting what you wish was true.

NFLPA by all rights could have appealed the 6 game, but said they wouldn't so that everyone could move on. If RG interferes in this, even one more game, they absolutely should call the deal off.
Just the opinion of Rich Eisen on the DP show this morning. Why do you care so much about this?

Would've heard by now if that was a thing. Rich, and you, are projecting.

Time to move on with life.

at Tuesday's practice, Cook, Mattison and Kene Nwangwu all went off with (supposedly) minor injuries. If anyone can run the ball, call K. Adofo-Mensah.

1st pre-season game in 11 days.

it will be "fun" to watch all of the 2nd and 3rd-string players in action, because we won't see any of the starters.

the only reason to watch might be to see Kellen Mond get some extended playing time.

We need to come up with a nickname for the Duran-Lopez combination.

He did not assault anyone.

Probably whipped out his d___ and asked for a happy ending. Highly doubt these workers hadn't seen the same thing countless times before (men are pigs, this is known). Only this time it was a celebrity (who acted stupid), so it was payday. No criminal charges, because no crime was committed. Just a dummy being a dummy. Hopefully he learned his lesson. 6 games is more than enough.

Those demanding he be suspended for the season are just hysteria artists, trying to draw attention to their Twitter accounts. Blah blah blah

Wait....your take on this is that these women should have seen this coming or have been used to it?

The fact is that Watson is in a position of power when it comes to these women. This isn't a case of some random schmuck whipping his dick out.

Doesn't matter if it was technically illegal or not. This isn't a criminal question. He violated the NFL's personal conduct policy. I've heard Goodell will double the suspension to 12 games in hopes the NFLPA won't sue. If he does for a full season they likely will.

Correct. The problem with this entire ruling is that the judge used previous NFL rulings as a basis for this suspension. Suspensions that were rightfully slammed for being light.

Last edited:

Despite anyone's opinion on what Watson deserved, the NFLPA should be furious at this recent development. They specifically changed the process, adding an outside person like Judge Robinson to make the call, to MOSTLY eliminate Roger from being judge, jury and executioner. This basically throws the decision almost entirely right back in his lap to do what he wants.

Despite anyone's opinion on what Watson deserved, the NFLPA should be furious at this recent development. They specifically changed the process, adding an outside person like Judge Robinson to make the call, to MOSTLY eliminate Roger from being judge, jury and executioner. This basically throws the decision almost entirely right back in his lap to do what he wants.
The NFLPA is a shitty union.

The issue is that it was a weak attempt to change the process. Most NFL insiders I listened to during the past month acknowledged that Goodell would take Robinson’s ruling into consideration, but he would still end up being able to make whatever decision he wanted as the NFL still has final say on appeals. The NFLPA needs to demand a collaborative and consistent disciplinary process in the next CBA and start coming up with some ideas of how that might work as what they have in place now is toothless.

your take on this is that these women should have seen this coming or have been used to it?
My take is that they've all seen it before and didn't file a lawsuit when it was a nobody.

They found out Watson was an NFL star, and it was time for a payday. He has settled out of court with all but one of the 24 who filed suits. That right there proves it.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if that 24 was out of hundreds. Others who dismissed him without the need to jump on the payday bandwagon, or they took his money and did the deed.

The fact is that Watson is in a position of power when it comes to these women.
Sheer nonsense.

No violence or physicality occurred. He asked, and they declined.

Seems you want something more to have occurred. Sad

It's a PR stunt. NFL gets to come off looking like they care about women and survivors of (actual) sexual abuse.

Goddell will name someone to take the fall of declaring that Robinson's judgement was proper.

What howeda said: I've heard Goodell will double the suspension to 12 games

What actually happened: the NFL appealed the ruling.

:rolleyes:

The issue is that it was a weak attempt to change the process. Most NFL insiders I listened to during the past month acknowledged that Goodell would take Robinson’s ruling into consideration, but he would still end up being able to make whatever decision he wanted as the NFL still has final say on appeals. The NFLPA needs to demand a collaborative and consistent disciplinary process in the next CBA and start coming up with some ideas of how that might work as what they have in place now is toothless.
Agreed..... but the NFLPA is, and always has been short-sighted when it comes to collective bargaining. The owners will dangle a few more dollars, and the players will drop any demands on improving the discipline process, at least anything significant. The players just never seem to get it when it comes to these negotiations. They're very predictable, easy pickings for the owners typically, from what it sounds like

My take is that they've all seen it before and didn't file a lawsuit when it was a nobody.

They found out Watson was an NFL star, and it was time for a payday. He has settled out of court with all but one of the 24 who filed suits. That right there proves it.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if that 24 was out of hundreds. Others who dismissed him without the need to jump on the payday bandwagon, or they took his money and did the deed.

Sheer nonsense.

No violence or physicality occurred. He asked, and they declined.

Seems you want something more to have occurred. Sad

What I am hearing is that sexual harassment is fine with you. Want to explain how Harvey Weinstein is a victim too....while you're at it?

Can't make this up.

What howeda said: I've heard Goodell will double the suspension to 12 games

What actually happened: the NFL appealed the ruling.

:rolleyes:
That's the first step to getting it increased, dummy.

Not surprised that you make up and "hear" whatever you want to.

I said nothing of the sort.

Ummm....you downplayed this as not a big deal. You implied that the 24 women were lying about the harassment because they saw this as a "payday".

Yeah....forget all the shady coincidences behind the scenes here. The NDAs.....the fact that Watson burned through massage therapists as fast as he could find them. Yeah....all these women are liars and Watson is a victim.

These are just the first three allegations:

1) The suit states that Watson touched the woman with his penis before asking for sex.
2) This new allegation stated that Watson met a massage therapist at the hotel and completely disrobed for the session, refusing to put his clothes back on. The second massage therapist alleged that Watson directed her to massage his penis, and when she didn’t he made an intentional movement which caused her to touch his penis.
3) “coerced and intimidated by Watson to “move her mouth towards his penis, forcing Plaintiff to perform oral sex on him. Plaintiff did not consent to any of this conduct. Plaintiff blacked out for a few minutes from the fear.”

Six game suspension!? For good guy, Watson!? :rolleyes:

You're dangerously close to sounding insensitive and sounding like you're diminishing this situation, but you are almost entirely correct with the above comments. I'm not going to rush to the judgment that they were out for a payday, that's pretty harsh; true for some, but not for all of them.

I truly believe that 3 or 4 of the litigants were very upset and traumatized by what happened. Watson is an absolute idiot and made some terrible, terrible mistakes and decisions. But virtually everything that was alleged is an every day occurrence in the world of massage therapy. For most of them, it's water off a duck's back, they shrug it off and move on. Some decide to change careers because of it, which is very sad and unfortunate when you have worked hard to become licensed and certified.

Watson should be harshly disciplined, he made some terrible decisions and did some really, really stupid shit. He'll be remembered for this for the rest of his career more than likely. Just plain stupid.

I will say I call bullshit on the allegation by one of the litigants that he tried to force her to perform oral sex. With the body of evidence here, for just one to say that and nothing else to come that close to that, I call bullshit. Sorry.

The resounding theme in all of this is that there was essentially zero allegations of Watson forcing anything physically, which seemed to be a deciding factor for the Honorable Judge Sue L Robinson. She visited extensively with the Four most credible witnesses the NFL could produce and came up with this ruling. Who are we to argue with her? She certainly knows more than any of us do about the dirty details.

You're dangerously close to sounding insensitive and sounding like you're diminishing this situation, but you are almost entirely correct with the above comments. I'm not going to rush to the judgment that they were out for a payday, that's pretty harsh; true for some, but not for all of them.

I truly believe that 3 or 4 of the litigants were very upset and traumatized by what happened. Watson is an absolute idiot and made some terrible, terrible mistakes and decisions. But virtually everything that was alleged is an every day occurrence in the world of massage therapy. For most of them, it's water off a duck's back, they shrug it off and move on. Some decide to change careers because of it, which is very sad and unfortunate when you have worked hard to become licensed and certified.

Watson should be harshly disciplined, he made some terrible decisions and did some really, really stupid shit. He'll be remembered for this for the rest of his career more than likely. Just plain stupid.

I will say I call bullshit on the allegation by one of the litigants that he tried to force her to perform oral sex. With the body of evidence here, for just one to say that and nothing else to come that close to that, I call bullshit. Sorry.

The resounding theme in all of this is that there was essentially zero allegations of Watson forcing anything physically, which seemed to be a deciding factor for the Honorable Judge Sue L Robinson. She visited extensively with the Four most credible witnesses the NFL could produce and came up with this ruling. Who are we to argue with her? She certainly knows more than any of us do about the dirty details.

The issue that seems to be continuously discounted....is that Robinson didn't pull that six game number out of nowhere. She's using previous suspensions as a baseline to determine punishment. Suspensions that have been ripped for being too light on issues of sexual harassment/assault.

"It is undisputed that Mr. Watson's conduct does not fall into the category of violent conduct that would require the minimum 6-game suspension. It likewise is undisputed that prior cases involving non-violent sexual assault have resulted in discipline far less severe than what the NFL proposes here, with the most severe penalty being a 3-game suspension for a player who had been previously warned about his conduct."

It's not the judge's fault that the NFL was limp wristed in the past and set this precedent. The only thing they can do is admit that they made errors in their past judgements and try and set a new standard here. A quarter suspension for every allegation looks real bad.

I'm already half correct. Goddell appointed someone else.

I'm warming up your big plate of crow.

Great post!

"It is undisputed that Mr. Watson's conduct does not fall into the category of violent conduct that would require the minimum 6-game suspension. It likewise is undisputed that prior cases involving non-violent sexual assault have resulted in discipline far less severe than what the NFL proposes here, with the most severe penalty being a 3-game suspension for a player who had been previously warned about his conduct."

Good. We have no proof that these women didn't just make the whole thing up.

No crime was committed. Settlements were made out of court.

No way he should have to be suspended the whole season too.

Top Bottom