All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Muellens is 3rd string in Oakland and far better than any back-up we have. Trade for him.

So with Cousins having Covid is he exempt from testing for a while? I have not paid any attention to what the NFL is doing to non-vaccinated people in 2022.

So with Cousins having Covid is he exempt from testing for a while? I have not paid any attention to what the NFL is doing to non-vaccinated people in 2022.
I'm not sure they've set their rules yet. But him getting it now is probably for the best.

Well, probably like others I was ready to write Mond off. But .... ??

Could easily be an overreaction to the first week of preseason.

Some are just gamers, they don't show it in practice, but when pressure and stress of the game turn on ... something activates inside them.

Well, probably like others I was ready to write Mond off. But .... ??

Could easily be an overreaction to the first week of preseason.

Some are just gamers, they don't show it in practice, but when pressure and stress of the game turn on ... something activates inside them.
Read something Thielen is quoted as saying that Mond put in massive amounts of work (showed in the intagible side in practice). Thielen told Mond whatever. His program was it was working well. Thielen is also quoted that he talked to a Texas A&M coach that told him nobody that coach had ever seen improved as much as Mond did from Freshman to Sr year in NCAA.

Maybe, not overreacting. Instead (hopefully) he just needs the time…. And perhaps some opportunity to make mistakes.

I don't believe you for a second. You would have posted a Tweet if there was anyone actually saying this, you're good at posting Tweets.

You're projecting what you wish was true.

NFLPA by all rights could have appealed the 6 game, but said they wouldn't so that everyone could move on. If RG interferes in this, even one more game, they absolutely should call the deal off.
Turns out Rich Eisen knows more than you. Shocking.

This might be the worst rankings I've ever seen. Winston and Thomas ahead of Cousins and Jefferson? Carr is certainly no better than Cousins and Adams & Jefferson are pretty close, yet they're rated that high? GTFO

This might be the worst rankings I've ever seen. Winston and Thomas ahead of Cousins and Jefferson? Carr is certainly no better than Cousins and Adams & Jefferson are pretty close, yet they're rated that high? GTFO

We'll see how Michael Thomas does this year without Brees dishing him the rock. I have some serious doubts that he'll be a top 10 receiver, much less top 5

Cousins is the NFL media's favorite dude to hate. I get it - he's a dork and a doofus at times. But the man has talent. And Jefferson is incredible. Pretty typical pre-season love for the Vikes.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Watson didn't play a single down of football this season.
You were wrong. He has already played, and he will be the starter later this year.

I also fully expect him to get into trouble again.
Meaningless statement.

I fully expect you to commit a crime. Welp, I guess we'll have to wait until you pass away, hopefully many years from now after a living a wonderful life, before I'm proven incorrect.

:rolleyes:

Thank goodness we live in a country where (most) people respect the concept of "Innocent until proven guilty" !!!

It may well be that Watson winds up starting at some point this year.

But - as noted on ESPN:

Watson has to comply with evaluation and treatment recommendations of a third-party behavioral expert to be reinstated, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. If Watson doesn't comply with the treatment plan, his reinstatement could be delayed and he could receive further discipline, the sources said.

Assuming he meets the requirements to be reinstated, he still has to sit out 11 games. and, as I understand it, cannot work out with the team during the suspension.

So, after sitting out 11 weeks, I find it hard to accept that he will just walk right in for week 12 and be named the immediate starter. He's going to need some practice time to get back in sync with the receivers, running the offense, etc.

I would be surprised if he started before week 13 at the earliest.

It may well be that Watson winds up starting at some point this year.

But - as noted on ESPN:

Watson has to comply with evaluation and treatment recommendations of a third-party behavioral expert to be reinstated, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. If Watson doesn't comply with the treatment plan, his reinstatement could be delayed and he could receive further discipline, the sources said.

Assuming he meets the requirements to be reinstated, he still has to sit out 11 games. and, as I understand it, cannot work out with the team during the suspension.

So, after sitting out 11 weeks, I find it hard to accept that he will just walk right in for week 12 and be named the immediate starter. He's going to need some practice time to get back in sync with the receivers, running the offense, etc.

I would be surprised if he started before week 13 at the earliest.
I would guess that it will depend a lot on how the Browns’ season is going as well.

I would guess that it will depend a lot on how the Browns’ season is going as well.

How the team is doing will probably have an impact, no doubt. But it's not like he's not going to be walking back into the facility until December.

He can return to the Browns’ facility on Oct. 10 and begin practicing Nov. 14. The NFL allows for an acclimation period for all players who are suspended for health and safety reasons.

But Watson can’t play his first game until the team’s Dec. 4 game against his former team in Houston.

How the team is doing will probably have an impact, no doubt. But it's not like he's not going to be walking back into the facility until December.

He can return to the Browns’ facility on Oct. 10 and begin practicing Nov. 14. The NFL allows for an acclimation period for all players who are suspended for health and safety reasons.

But Watson can’t play his first game until the team’s Dec. 4 game against his former team in Houston.

He will start immediately. Fo sho

Top Bottom